Will the fans be allowed on to the field at the end of the match in Clones?

Started by rionach 4, July 17, 2008, 12:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rionach 4

Just noticed that in all the provincial deciders so far this year   the crowd have bee allowed on to the pitch after the game  Even some of the first round games and semi-finals(Down fans after match in Newry and Ferm. Fans in Omagh). Will it be the same in Clones  The last final played there in 2003 did not allow it and certainly not in 2002. dDd Tyrone fans go on to the pitch after the Ulster final last year?

TacadoirArdMhacha

Is it "allowed" anywhere? Its just that stewards at different grounds enforce the rule with more vigour than others at times.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

orangeman

I'd say if Fermanagh win there'll be difficulty keeping them off it !

mhacadoir

Quote from: rionach 4 on July 17, 2008, 12:37:03 PM
Just noticed that in all the provincial deciders so far this year   the crowd have bee allowed on to the pitch after the game  Even some of the first round games and semi-finals(Down fans after match in Newry and Ferm. Fans in Omagh). Will it be the same in Clones  The last final played there in 2003 did not allow it and certainly not in 2002. dDd Tyrone fans go on to the pitch after the Ulster final last year?

the last final in clones was last year.

i dont think tyrone fans bothered going on to the pitch. if fermanagh win to be honest there will be no way in hell they will be stopped. and rightly so

stpauls

Quote from: orangeman on July 17, 2008, 12:41:34 PM
I'd say if Fermanagh win there'll be difficulty keeping them off it !

was going to say the same thing!! i doubt the stewards will have any choice in the matter if Fermanagh win on Sunday!!

ziggysego

Croke Park couldn't keep Tyrone off the pitch in 2003 and 2005. They couldn't keep Greencastle off in 2007.

Clones wouldn't have a hope in hell against Fermanagh.
Testing Accessibility

naka

guys  when armagh annex another ulster title a pitch invasion wont be necessary as we are keeping our eyes on the big prize ;)

tbrick18

Officially fans are not allowed on the pitch for insurance purposes. However, if there is deemed a health and safety risk by stopping a mass influx of fans onto a pitch the stewards have to decide is it safer to stop them or permit them on the pitch. As far as I know county boards get fined if their respective supporters invade the pitch en masse.