Unionists burning tricolours on the m50

Started by his holiness nb, July 10, 2008, 04:42:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

They couldnt even wait to get off the bus!!  ;)

A bus carrying 40 Belfast music fans to the Oxegen music festival caught fire on Dublin's M50 today causing traffic chaos in the area.

Both southbound lanes of of the M50 were blocked, with traffic tailing back as far as the junction with the M1. The single-deck coach caught fire at about 1pm between the Finglas and Blanchardstown exits, and motorists have been warned to avoid the area.

According to AA Roadwatch, northbound traffic is also very heavy from before the toll bridge to the Ballymun exit, with onlookers causing serious delays.

Major knock-on delays were also being experienced on the M1, and traffic on the N2 also experienced serious delays approaching the M50, the AA said.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries following the incident.

Gardai evacuated the passengers and four Dublin Fire Brigade crews - from Finglas, Phibsboro, and Kilbarrack stations - put out the fire.

Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

That's it, they're a f**king joke.

If one Union Flag was to be touched, there would be a lot of shouting and condemnation.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 10, 2008, 04:42:36 PM
They couldnt even wait to get off the bus!!  ;)

A bus carrying 40 Belfast music fans to the Oxegen music festival caught fire on Dublin's M50 today causing traffic chaos in the area.

Both southbound lanes of of the M50 were blocked, with traffic tailing back as far as the junction with the M1. The single-deck coach caught fire at about 1pm between the Finglas and Blanchardstown exits, and motorists have been warned to avoid the area.

According to AA Roadwatch, northbound traffic is also very heavy from before the toll bridge to the Ballymun exit, with onlookers causing serious delays.

Major knock-on delays were also being experienced on the M1, and traffic on the N2 also experienced serious delays approaching the M50, the AA said.

There were no immediate reports of any injuries following the incident.

Gardai evacuated the passengers and four Dublin Fire Brigade crews - from Finglas, Phibsboro, and Kilbarrack stations - put out the fire.

Was lucky to avoid this,I was just taking a exit for the M50 when i heard it on the news
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Square Ball

Quote from: ziggysego on July 10, 2008, 04:43:35 PM

If one Union Flag was to be touched, there would be a lot of shouting and condemnation.

wonder where the bus left from, i know a lot of guys away to it by bus
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

nifan

I think the flag burning bit was a joke by HHN?????

his holiness nb

Ah Ziggy I was only joking about the tricolours!! I'm sure that didnt cause the fire.
Ask me holy bollix

ziggysego

It appears I've got egg on my face.....  :D

The 12th season gets me very paranoid ;)
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 10, 2008, 04:56:24 PM

Ah Ziggy I was only joking about the tricolours!! I'm sure that didnt cause the fire.

Well Duh!

Ziggy you hardly thought he was serious?
You'll Never Walk Alone.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Denn Forever

I wonder will lazy jounalists be fooled as well?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Puckoon

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 10, 2008, 05:19:55 PM
Jaysus Ziggy!  :) :)

Well unfortunately HHNB - To those of us from the north - it wouldnt be that surprising if arseholes from either side were running around doing this kind of stuff when filled with drink on their way to a festival. Especially with the 12 coming up. The only thing ziggy did wrong was not read your article and ask you where the reference to flag burning was, which was my next step.

nifan

Very true puckoon, never underestimate the level of intelligence that some of those lads possess.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Puckoon on July 10, 2008, 05:22:49 PM

Well unfortunately HHNB - To those of us from the north - it wouldnt be that surprising if arseholes from either side were running around doing this kind of stuff when filled with drink on their way to a festival. Especially with the 12 coming up. The only thing ziggy did wrong was not read your article and ask you where the reference to flag burning was, which was my next step.

Crikey, it was just a wee joke having seen the story straight after reading the "hatred" thread.

How ironic would it be if my joking assumption turned out to be true?
I truly would be declared the holy one!
Ask me holy bollix

Maguire01

Quote from: Puckoon on July 10, 2008, 05:22:49 PM

But the flag burning type are unlikely to be heading to a music festival in the devil's deep south over the 12th weekend. In fact the type to be burning flags are probably rarely more that a couple of miles from home.