Pomeroy GAA and the IRA

Started by iluvni, July 05, 2008, 12:40:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

iluvni

Does a parade which organises at and leaves from Pomeroy Plunketts GAA club in memory/celebration of an IRA 'man' meet with the approval of the majority of GAA fans who read this board....or is there unease at yet another demonstration of a relationship between clubs in the GAA and support for IRA terrorists.

ziggysego

You've come full circle hardstation. Isn't life's coincidents cool.
Testing Accessibility

Doire abú

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: iluvni on July 05, 2008, 12:40:32 AM
Does a parade which organises at and leaves from Pomeroy Plunketts GAA club in memory/celebration of an IRA 'man' meet with the approval of the majority of GAA fans who read this board....or is there unease at yet another demonstration of a relationship between clubs in the GAA and support for IRA terrorists.

Shouldn't we all celebrate those who gave up their lives for an Ireland of equals! You'll be an equal too, don't fret.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

pintsofguinness

Can we have some proof that Pomeroy plunketss organise the parade?

Or is it just a case of people meeting at the club as they are told to do by the organisers?   ::)
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

lynchbhoy

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2008, 10:01:12 AM

Or is it just a case of people meeting at the club as they are told to do by the organisers?   ::)

because 'he said so' , and he obv knows pomeroy plunketts well, as he does the IRA and IRA men  ::)  :D

typical.

Tankie

I do not think there should be any link between the two organizations!
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2008, 12:30:16 PM

Well only an idiot would think that there should be a link!

iluvni

I never stated that it was organised by Pomeroy Plunketts. That the club would permit such a parade though, no matter whom its organised by, does raise questions: one of which I've asked here.

Tankie

Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2008, 12:32:07 PM

well there are alot of idiots out there i guess! and when i say no link i mean down to use of clubhouses flags etc!
Grand Slam Saturday!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: iluvni on July 05, 2008, 12:54:30 PM

I never stated that it was organised by Pomeroy Plunketts. That the club would permit such a parade though, no matter whom its organised by, does raise questions: one of which I've asked here.

So it's not organised by Pomeroy Plunketts what's the problem or what are they suppose to do about it?  ::)
I don't think GAA clubs have the ability to stop a parades  ::)
Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2008, 12:57:28 PM
Quote from: pintsofguinness on July 05, 2008, 12:32:07 PM

well there are alot of idiots out there i guess! and when i say no link i mean down to use of clubhouses flags etc!
What do you mean by flags?
Clubhouses are rented out to people or organisations that want them. 
I suppose you object to hotels, for example, doing the same?

reddgnhand

Thers a bus stop at the GAA club as well. Is there a relationship between Ulsterbus and the GAA. 

Tankie

well heres another thread ruined by people talking crap.

If the gaa know its an IRA event they should not rent out their clubhouse etc, hotels are businesses and it upto them to decide on what they want to do.
Grand Slam Saturday!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2008, 01:33:38 PM

If the gaa know its an IRA event they should not rent out their clubhouse etc, hotels are businesses and it upto them to decide on what they want to do.

Wankie you do spout some shite sir, away back to playing with funny shaped balls!  ::)

There is no such thing as an IRA event, the last I heard the IRA chose to try and keep themselves quite secret, now you can have a Republican event, but it just doesn't sound as good does it - troll.  ::)
Tbc....

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Tankie on July 05, 2008, 01:33:38 PM

I'm pretty sure renting out premises (gaa clubs, hotel function rooms or other wise) to the IRA would be illegal.