Fermanagh are bad for the game?

Started by ONeill, July 04, 2008, 12:59:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bogball XV

Derry are by far the most successful qualifier team, they've won something like 18/19 games - I know that Tyrone and Galway have taken All Ireland's, but in terms of games played and matches won derry take it.

magpie seanie

Defending and working hard are hugely important parts of the game and if people don't enjoy them maybe they should just watch 7 a sides. This thread is a bit of a joke.

billy the kid

Quote from: saffron sam2 on July 09, 2008, 08:38:52 PM
Quote from: Take Your Points on July 08, 2008, 01:02:06 AM
Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2008, 06:02:14 PM
I am not for sale.

Really, I heard that's what Ronaldo said to the President of Real Madrid when he complimented him on his amazing skills and expertise.

BTW a brilliant piece of posting to keep them going for 8 pages, some people are very sensitive.  We are now getting the the old Tyrone conspiracy stories trotted out with the Armagh negativity.  Looks like Armagh v The Universe supporting Fermanagh on 20th July thanks to you!

I'll be supporting the Orangies on the third Sunday. It's hard to beat a bit of tradition. Whilst Fermanagh are indeed there on merit, it does demean the proud histry of the Anglo-Celt Cup and can be taken as a reflection of how established, traditional powers (outwith Armagh) treat the Ulster championship.

You cant help but laugh at this Armagh bandwagoner type of post.  How many times are we going to have to tell yous.....THE HISTORY OF THE GAA DIDNT BEGIN IN 2002 There were well over a hundred years of games before this!!
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

his holiness nb

The funny thing is that it now appears the history of the GAA also ended in 2002  :D
Ask me holy bollix

mackers

Quote from: billy the kid on July 11, 2008, 01:54:13 PM
I am not for sale.

Really, I heard that's what Ronaldo said to the President of Real Madrid when he complimented him on his amazing skills and expertise.

BTW a brilliant piece of posting to keep them going for 8 pages, some people are very sensitive.  We are now getting the the old Tyrone conspiracy stories trotted out with the Armagh negativity.  Looks like Armagh v The Universe supporting Fermanagh on 20th July thanks to you!

I'll be supporting the Orangies on the third Sunday. It's hard to beat a bit of tradition. Whilst Fermanagh are indeed there on merit, it does demean the proud histry of the Anglo-Celt Cup and can be taken as a reflection of how established, traditional powers (outwith Armagh) treat the Ulster championship.

You cant help but laugh at this Armagh bandwagoner type of post.  How many times are we going to have to tell yous.....THE HISTORY OF THE GAA DIDNT BEGIN IN 2002 There were well over a hundred years of games before this!!
WTF??? From reading TYP's posts I think the last thing he is is a bandwagoner jumper as he has followed Armagh, like a lot of us, through thick and thin. Also if Armagh win on Sunday week then they will become joint 2nd in the Ulster title roll of honour, having won 7 out of the last ten titles, so I don't
know about you that is a fairly impressive record. An awful lot of your posts are anti-Armagh, do you have a major issue here or what??
Keep your pecker hard and your powder dry and the world will turn.

billy the kid

Quote from: Will Hunting on July 11, 2008, 11:09:49 AM
Quote from: wanderer on July 10, 2008, 07:06:45 PM
Quote from: Will Hunting on July 10, 2008, 11:28:25 AM
Quote from: wanderer on July 09, 2008, 09:14:23 PM
ONLY Tyrone and Armagh have consistently got further than Fermanagh in the AI series in the past 5 years. We have beat Down, Monaghan and Derry this year so far (only cause they weren't trying) and we have done it by running the ball up to the goal line and diving over like rugby palyers or by basketball passing up to 2 yrds and fisting it over the bar >:(  What a load of shite

I assume you are talking about Ulster only counties here? I took issue with a similar comment already on this thread, and I would argue that both Donegal and Derry have consistently got further than Fermanagh in the AI series over the last 5 years.

Yeah within the Ulster Counties. You can argue, but its not something I have pulled out of the air. While Derry & Donegal would generally gotten further in Ulster, they would then drop into the qualifiers and usually get beat while Fermanagh sneaked into last 12 or better.
Do you know where can you get the history of results, we could try to find out and find it beyond doubt?

Here's the breakdown since 2003:

Fermanagh:
AIQF - AISemi - Rd1 - Rd4 - Rd2

Donegal:
AISemi - Rd4 - Rd2 - AIQF - Rd3

Derry
Rd3 - AISemi - Rd4 - Rd3 - AIQF

So, there you have it. Not a lot in it, but you certainly couldn't say Fermanagh have out-performed Donegal and Derry in the AI series.

All 3 have an AI QF & SF, RD 2 & RD 4 BUT Donegal and Derry have a Rd 3 Whereas Fermanagh have a RD 1 so donegal and Derry Edge it by 2 rounds from Fermanagh over last 5 Years.

How depressing, argueing over who has done the best in the Qualifiers.

Hope Fermanagh win next week as I think it would be good for football and would like to see Maxi who plays for us get an ulster medal as he is a good lad.  
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Uladh

I am not for sale.

Eh, i don't think SS is an armagh man?

Will Hunting

Quote from: billy the kid on July 11, 2008, 02:12:36 PM
How depressing, argueing over who has done the best in the Qualifiers.

We have to talk about the qualifiers, because it appears Derry couldn't give two f**ks about Ulster.
(That's what we'll keep telling ourselves anyhow)

Bogball XV

Quote from: Uladh on July 11, 2008, 02:37:34 PM
I am not for sale.

Eh, i don't think SS is an armagh man?
So Saffron isn't a shade of orange??

The highlighted piece is brilliant btw :D

FermGael

looks like things just took a turn for the worse youtube.com/watch?v=UAP-NTahnKs
Christ that's bad. 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Uladh

Non armagh man declares support for armagh.

idiots deduce this means all armagh men are a bunch of band wagoners

ONeill

This thread is just stupid lads. I suggest you all take a good hard look at yourselves.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Jays, I'm glad the rest of the country came round to my pov. I believe that Brolly gave Fermanagh some touch in today's Gaelic Life i.e. that the island of Ireland gave a collective sigh of relief when Fermanagh exited with their ultra-negative football and soocer fans. 
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.