Niall Quinn

Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

stephenite

Quote from: Niall Quinn on July 03, 2008, 04:48:18 AM
Quote from: stephenite on July 03, 2008, 04:38:10 AM
Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2008, 04:34:00 AM
Better than having a corrupt Taoiseach

Brian Cowen's corrupt?

A generous bookmaker would offer 1/2 I'd say.

Roughly the same odds you'd get on the majority of democratically elected politicians anywhere on this island in fairness, Ian og being forced out would point to corruption being endemic on both sides of the border.

ziggysego

Ian Og has now filed a complaint against  John Dallat, the Stormont Deputy Speaker, for reporting himself and his father to the Standards Watchdog. He's calling for Dallat to be removed from his role. I swear to God, you couldn't make it up! lol
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

spiritof91and94

Before Euro 08 Houghton was interveiwed in several tabloids re beating italy in 92 - same thing to me.

Main Street

Not really the same to me and to almost all fans.
Houghton is probably interviewed every month for all I know, about the past.
Probably every time he is spotted by Irish fans, someone shouts out 'who put the ball in the English net'.
Every time he is interviewed he is asked about what those goals meant.
We beat Italy in '94 at the World cup Finals, that's a big deal and beating England at the Euro finals was a big deal.
Both were Ray Houghton goals.
Beating Holland on the way to a finals was a big deal because it meant getting in ahead of them.
Beating some team in the qualifiers is nice but it means diddly unless you qualify.
If we failed to beat Iran in the play offs, the win against Holland and McAteers goal would have been relegated to the the list of nice victories, like the beating of Brazil at Lansdowne rd in '87.

Arthur_Friend

Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2008, 04:34:00 AM
Better than having a corrupt Taoiseach

First prize for most childish response of the week.  :D

donalmac99

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2008, 05:09:28 PM
Entirely predictable that this would happen, ie the North of Ireland team and its monocultural supporters crowing about beating Spain 3-2 in the qualifiers. UTV had cameras out in Belfast yesterday interviewing people about it and Sanchez is dreaming of what "might have been" (no it wasn't Fulham being relegated from the Premiership if he'd not been sacked) in to-day's Belfast Telegraph. I mean ffs >:(

so predictable that you would make a thread about it

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Can't believe we're on the third page and no response from any of the OWC boys!  :o
Tbc....

donalmac99

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 03, 2008, 01:43:27 PM
Can't believe we're on the third page and no response from any of the OWC boys!  :o

maybe they find it cringeworthy as well

to be fair the basking in the glory is a cringewirthy as tonys post

Evil Genius

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on July 03, 2008, 01:43:27 PM

I suspect that we were all hoping that no-one else had noticed. Toe-curling stuff, if ever there was.  :-[
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

DirtyDozen12

Has anyone got a link to see this programme / interview?

Would like to see it to see what the fuss is about.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Fishbat

Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2008, 03:49:49 AM
QuoteYou're not wrong there

Obviously considering Brazil is in South America and Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom

not really the point - i was referring to the fact that its not necessary to point it out....... its plainly feckin obvious that ye's are not Brazil.

Chrisowc

Quote from: Fishbat on July 03, 2008, 10:38:46 PM
Quote from: rolloutking on July 03, 2008, 03:49:49 AM
QuoteYou're not wrong there

Obviously considering Brazil is in South America and Northern Ireland is in the United Kingdom

not really the point - i was referring to the fact that its not necessary to point it out....... its plainly feckin obvious that ye's are not Brazil.

It's called Irony.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!