Whoever posts in this sucks c**k!

Started by RealSpiritof98, July 01, 2008, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

I see Armagh have been installed as 3rd favourites (behind Kerry and Dublin) for the All Ireland, at 7/1. Some contrast with the 25/1 offered a only few weeks ago. Incidentally they are 4/11 on to win Ulster

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Will Hunting on July 01, 2008, 04:12:55 PM
There's a decent half-back playing for Wexford, is it Gary Morrissey? Was excellent against Laois last week.

ye can't think of his name either he is their number 5 was excellent against meath as well
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

ONeill

If I was told I could pick one player from the Armagh forward unit to place into the red hands' attack, it'd be McDonnell.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Shane, I think you would need the whole six of Armagh's forwards, the way things are going in the bushes currently. ;D

magpie seanie

Rav - I assume you have Cluxton in that team as a joke?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: T Fearon on July 01, 2008, 05:04:54 PM
I see Armagh have been installed as 3rd favourites (behind Kerry and Dublin) for the All Ireland, at 7/1. Some contrast with the 25/1 offered a only few weeks ago. Incidentally they are 4/11 on to win Ulster

Not that crazy really. After Kerry a lot of teams are much of a muchness and one good performance can see that team's odds tumble drastically.

Uladh

FermPundit

From a Fermanagh perspective I would argue that Martin McGrath, Mark Murphy and Eamon Maguire have been as good as any other player in the country so far this year.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

tyrone86

I think people are trying to answer 2 different questions here:

Who is the best player in the county at the minute and who has been the most impressively in the championship so far. Personally, I think both questions are far from mutually exclusive. Just to pick up on the Armagh example, if I was asked who Armagh's best footballer was I'd go for Stevie or McGrane. If I was asked who has been Armagh's most impressive player to date is, the answer is Clarke.

Tyrone Dreamer

Armagh fans dont be long getting carried away. Clarke played well on Sunday but it hardly makes him the best player in Ireland. He has also disappeared before in big games like the 03 final when he hardly touched the ball. The Down full back line is terrible. From the limited ball that was put into Sean Cavanagh he scored 3 from play in the replay,won a couple of frees and set up another few. How many did Clarke score on Sunday?

Leo

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 01, 2008, 06:33:56 PM

Who is the best player in the county at the minute and who has been the most impressively in the championship so far. Personally, I think both questions are far from mutually exclusive. Just to pick up on the Armagh example, if I was asked who Armagh's best footballer was I'd go for Stevie or McGrane. If I was asked who has been Armagh's most impressive player to date is, the answer is Clarke.
I go by the title of the thrfead and the answer without doubt is Morrissey of Wexford.
Fierce tame altogether

Zulu

His name is Adian Morrissey, how good is he? Well it's hard to say since he was dropped for the Meath game after some indifferent league games. Hope he continues in the rich reign of form both to increase Wexfords chances against the Dubs and to ensure Wexford get at least one All-star.

ONeill

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 01, 2008, 06:33:56 PM

I don't think they are. On current form, I'd take McDonnell. People are only raving about Clarke because he's beginning to regain his 2002 form. McDonnell is still more of a threat at this minute. Think he has scored something like 10 points so far, Clarke maybe 5. McDonnell has as many assists and wins most of his own ball. It's just that we expect that of him. Against a tight marking defence, McDonnell right now would be more of a threat than Clarke for making space, scoring and being a general nuisance. Clarke doesn't see as much of the ball.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Bogball XV

Quote from: nrico2006 on July 01, 2008, 04:22:11 PM
QuotePaddy Bradley, Mattie Forde, Kieran Donaghy, Marc O'Sé, Martin McGrath, Alan Brogan, Gooch Cooper, Graham Canty would all be better than Clarke who has not consistently delivered on his promise of 2002.

Come back in September and we'll talk about it again!

Brogan is palying well but Donaghy would hardly be near the top of any list at the minute of even on last years form.  P Joyce was brilliant in his only championship game but it was against Leitrim.  Forde is playing well too.  Clarke is awesome and is the ideal full-forward.

I'd have Donaghy on any team of mine any day - the man is awesome, did you watch last year's all ireland final?  Would Kerry have beaten Monaghan without him?  Did you see this year's league final?

Mike Sheehy

QuoteGBB, there are THREE teams from Connaught left in the All Ireland series THIS YEAR. There'll  be two on 20 July. The first meaningful game in the Connacht championship will be the final.

Ignore Passedit GBB, he is still smarting from that abysmal Down performance against 14 man Armagh. I fear the defeat had too much "meaning" for the poor dear.