Whoever posts in this sucks c**k!

Started by RealSpiritof98, July 01, 2008, 02:52:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Ronan Clarke, Alan Brogan and Martin Flanagan (Westmeath) are the best players I have seen this year, in league and Championship, to date

amigo

Quote from: Rav67 on July 01, 2008, 04:01:50 PM
Hard to pick one player but I'd say the best team, not necessarily just on championship performances so far this season, would be something like this

Cluxton

O'Se  Owens   Keane
O'Se Gormley O'Mahoney

Doherty Murphy

Brogan O'Sullivan Cavanagh
Bradley   Clarke   Gooch

I must take issue Rav,
Firstly, Owens? is this Barry Owens who has played 10 mins football since the season began?
Murphy? Nicholas Murphy Cork i presume - you cant be serious??
Gooch? Has played little or no ball either this year?
Do you really have a clue!!!!!!!!

ziggysego

Your man Stephen McKernan impressed me on Sunday. Not the best... yet.

At the moment, I'll say Ronan Clarke.

Damn it... both Armagh. :(
Testing Accessibility

peterquaife

Quote from: amigo on July 01, 2008, 04:08:25 PM
Hard to pick one player but I'd say the best team, not necessarily just on championship performances so far this season, would be something like this

Cluxton

O'Se  Owens   Keane
O'Se Gormley O'Mahoney

Doherty Murphy

Bradley   Clarke   Gooch

I must take issue Rav,
Firstly, Owens? is this Barry Owens who has played 10 mins football since the season began?

Owens at fullback? hardly
Shann Cavanagh too, tight call

Will Hunting

There's a decent half-back playing for Wexford, is it Gary Morrissey? Was excellent against Laois last week.

nutsy--1

correct amigo, plus if owens was on team of the year so far it would be in full forward and i don't think gormley should be near the list, try Aidan o rourke in that position. Steven Kernan is close enough. Ziggy who does mc kernan play for??

ziggysego

Feck off, you know who I mean  :D

Always get the name mixed up with a mate of mine ;)
Testing Accessibility

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: passedit on July 01, 2008, 03:56:49 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 01, 2008, 03:46:49 PM
Quote from: passedit on July 01, 2008, 03:38:14 PM
Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 01, 2008, 03:34:55 PM
Quote from: passedit on July 01, 2008, 03:20:16 PM
If it's'at the minute' you can discount anyone from Munster or connaught, they haven't even started yet.

I'm pretty sure they've been games played in the Connacht championhsip anyway. I'll check and get back to you.

there's been fixtures fulfilled, that's about it. ye're worse than munster

And how does this make the Leinster championship so fantastic considering they haven't had a team in an All-Ireland final since 2001? And that team got hammered. By a Connacht team. And even since then Connacht teams have twice got to an All-Ireland final.

I don't think you've thought this through very well.

GBB, there are THREE teams from Connaught left in the All Ireland series THIS YEAR. There'll  be two on 20 July. The first meaningful game in the Connacht championship will be the final.

Well Leitrim put up a pretty good fight against Galway and even though Sligo didn't play well against Mayo they were the reigining Connacht champions going into the game. You can say in hindsight that that wasn't a meaningful game even though hindsight is a wonderful thing. Before the game it looked like it would be a pretty tight encounter. These games are every bit as meaningful as anything played anywhere else. There are no fantastic teams in Leinster either but because there are a few teams of roughly the same standard doesn't mean they are great teams. Same with Ulster. The only advantage Leinster and Ulster have is there are more counties in their provinces so greater the chance they will have a couple more decent teams. To listen to some people you'd swear there was no football played in Connacht or Munster at all. It's amazingly arrogant.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: amigo on July 01, 2008, 04:08:25 PM

Cluxton

O'Se  Owens   Keane
O'Se Gormley O'Mahoney

Doherty Murphy

Bradley   Clarke   Gooch

I must take issue Rav,

In fairness I'd say rav is referring to mark murphy of fermanagh who has been in awesome form this year. MOTM on the losing side in the league final and excellent in the championship so far - i'd say its a fair pick.

regarding gooch and owens, rav has not limited his choices to this seasons form alone, as he said.

actually those last 2 def wouldnt be on it on this seasons form. I'd have niall mccusker in full back. not sure about the other corner forward slot yet
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

nrico2006

QuotePaddy Bradley, Mattie Forde, Kieran Donaghy, Marc O'Sé, Martin McGrath, Alan Brogan, Gooch Cooper, Graham Canty would all be better than Clarke who has not consistently delivered on his promise of 2002.

Come back in September and we'll talk about it again!

Brogan is palying well but Donaghy would hardly be near the top of any list at the minute of even on last years form.  P Joyce was brilliant in his only championship game but it was against Leitrim.  Forde is playing well too.  Clarke is awesome and is the ideal full-forward.

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

ONeill

Clarke my hole. Up against the Cavan full back line that conceded something like 0-14 to Antrim and a Down line that shipped 0-21 over 90 mins to the worst Tyrone forward unit since 2000. I've seen nothing 'special' from Clarke that puts him ahead of the likes of thon Westmeath lad who roasted the Dublins single-handedly for 40 mins.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

upthehoops

Dan Gordon & Ciaran lyng would be up with the best of them so far

Rav67

amigo I clearly said I wasn't going just on this season's performances!  Owens is a 2-time all-star with Fermanagh which tells you how good he is and you could hardly pick a best XV in the country without Gooch in it!

lloyd christmas

Marty macgrath has to be up there.Its no coincidence that fermanaghs return to form has came as mcgrath is getting back into form.  H :oard lookin bodie too,not too many men leave mccusker on the seat of his pants.

Onion Bag

Quote from: ONeill on July 01, 2008, 04:26:39 PM
Clarke my hole. Up against the Cavan full back line that conceded something like 0-14 to Antrim and a Down line that shipped 0-21 over 90 mins to the worst Tyrone forward unit since 2000. I've seen nothing 'special' from Clarke that puts him ahead of the likes of thon Westmeath lad who roasted the Dublins single-handedly for 40 mins.

Who do you think O Neil, Peter Canavan?
Clarke has been in outstanding form and long may it continue, You know yourself any team that Armagh will be playing will be shiting themselves, with the threat that mc donnell and clarke pose
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!