Meath vs Limerick

Started by meathie, July 01, 2008, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

navaniarmhi

17 points to 3! How come our boys don't get to meet them when they're in this sort of form. I suppose Coyler will get the mallet after this.

agorm

Quote from: orangeman on July 19, 2008, 07:58:40 PM
What's happening to Meath ?????? Can we expect a comeback ala Wexford ?

As I'm not there I cannot say what has happened, suffice to say that in the last 4 championship games we have had 3 capitulations. We have talented players but cannot seem to match teams on the physical side. Stephen Bray for instance hasnt had a good game in ages.

Regarding your second question I've a better chance of winning the lotto.

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

agorm

Another goal for Limerick. An embarrassment. 4-10 to 0-3.

You have to say FAIRPLAY TO LIMERICK. Meath people will be going on about how bad Meath were but Limerick had to do the business and did it and and the Cork game was no flash in the pan.

Let's hope their supporters turn up the next day.

Jinxy

The aftermath of this match is going to be an even worse bloodbath than the game itself. Don't think Coyler can blame the ref for this one. This is crazy stuff. ???

johnpower

Quote from: Jinxy on July 19, 2008, 08:19:33 PM
The aftermath of this match is going to be an even worse bloodbath than the game itself. Don't think Coyler can blame the ref for this one. This is crazy stuff. ???

What the hell happened to Meath ? 4 goals

Maguire01

Limerick are a real banana skin for round 2 - especially if anyone draws them away from home, as most other teams would have a massive journery.

johnpower

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 19, 2008, 08:48:53 PM
Limerick are a real banana skin for round 2 - especially if anyone draws them away from home, as most other teams would have a massive journery.

I agree Limerick at the Gaelic grounds will not be easy

Jinxy

Quote from: johnpower on July 19, 2008, 08:48:43 PM

I had to work today so I only had the radio to go b,y but it would seem like our defense continued where they left off for the last 20 mins of the Wexford game.

In the Onion Bag

This result is hard to believe but hats off to Limerick.  Cannot believe the scoreline.

INDIANA

you'd have to ask no - shane o rourke, no gergthy etc. Coyle should go and quickly.

orangeman

Quote from: Jinxy on July 19, 2008, 09:14:45 PM
Quote from: johnpower on July 19, 2008, 08:48:43 PM

I had to work today so I only had the radio to go b,y but it would seem like our defense continued where they left off for the last 20 mins of the Wexford game.

Not very Meath like at all.

orangeman

Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2008, 09:21:50 PM
you'd have to ask no - shane o rourke, no gergthy etc. Coyle should go and quickly.

We are all very fickle - maybe we take it all too seriously ?

agorm

Quote from: INDIANA on July 19, 2008, 09:21:50 PM
Geraghty and Joe Sheridan seemed to make a difference when they came on, I was surprised they were not on earlier as they are players that can conjur upgoals and with the way the game was going thats what Meath needed even before Limerick's last 2.

If Barry was dumped after 1 not so bad season then Coyle is under serious pressure. The only thing that may save him is that there may not be too many akers for his job.

Anyway, the future starts tomorrow at 2:15pm in croker.

Jinxy

Best of luck to Limerick from here on in. I remember watching them putting it up to Kerry big time a few years back. They'll give anyone a game on their home patch. As for us, I'm afraid there are some seriously mentally weak individuals on the current Meath team. Take one of the few mentally strong players we have (Moyles) out of the mix and you get results like Cork '07 and Limerick '08. One player should not make that much of a difference but it would seem that there are a few Meath players that look to others when things start to go wrong, instead of looking to themselves. Fair dues to big Joe for actually having a go when he came on. I'm guessing we got completely wiped out at midfield. I'd love to know what effect breaking up the Ward-Meade partnership had on this.