Meath vs Limerick

Started by meathie, July 01, 2008, 10:49:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

meathie

Thought Id get the ball rolling on this one. A few of us going down and staying that night. Any thoughts on a half decent non dangerous place??!
With regards to the game, I would expect we should win this. I know Limerick should have beaten Cork in reality but I think we have a very decent team now and everyone is back bar Reilly so there will be mighty competition within the camp, always good. If we can get a good solid victory from this we can go far in the qualifiers. Any Limerick fans with opinions??

Hardy

I wouldn't know the best places to stay any more, but don't be thinking of Limerick as dangerous. That's media hype. It's dangerous for the members of the two gangs intent on wiping each other out but the rest of the populace is civilised and the grandest people you could meet. Souths in O'Connell Avenue or any of the sports/rugby pubs in that area - Willie Sexton's, Peter Clohessy's (The Sin Bin) are recommended for the few scoops.

Dinny Breen

In Limerick on a stag that weekend, might mosey along and cheer on Limerick  ;D
#newbridgeornowhere

seanmcq

Quote from: meathie on July 01, 2008, 10:49:54 AM
Thought Id get the ball rolling on this one. A few of us going down and staying that night. Any thoughts on a half decent non dangerous place??!
With regards to the game, I would expect we should win this. I know Limerick should have beaten Cork in reality but I think we have a very decent team now and everyone is back bar Reilly so there will be mighty competition within the camp, always good. If we can get a good solid victory from this we can go far in the qualifiers. Any Limerick fans with opinions??

You could try the new Hilton on Sarsfield Bridge/ennis road, or the Ryan Hotel, Ennis Road or the Two Mile Inn or the Radisson on the Ennis road..loads of options. The Clarion in town aswell of course. Ye wont be getting it handy down here either let me tell you! Realistically tho, its a tough draw for Limerick, would have been hoping for someone like Louth or that really.

Jinxy

I haven't seen Limerick in action for a while but I always thought of them as a big, physical team. Hard to know from one day to the next how this Meath team will play to be honest. I'd say they will be raring for football after the long break. Hopefully valuable lessons have been learned from the Wexford game by both players and management.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

thejuice

I'll be flying in from across the water to Shannon. Flight only cost £12. I'll be staying with relations. Clohesseys is the place to be it seems. The Texas steak house on O'Connell Street is  a great place for a foodin' an' a feudin'.

If we have a full complement of players and really hit the ground running we can win this one. A performance to exorcise the demons of DrCullen Park is whats needed. But Limerick will be tough. Especially at home. I would be very wary of this one. Will be my 1st time in the Gaelic grounds, will be nice to see it, would be great if it brought in a good crowd.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

thejuice

By the way, the Hurling cubed will be on in Limerick that weekend! Should we enter a Meath team??  ;D  We might not have the skill but we'll make up for it in other ways!!
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Hound

Shane McAnarney doubtful with a broken nose after getting done in a club championship game against Dunderry last week

his holiness nb

I see the charming Mr Geraghty got another red card in the same game  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

"Another"? Two in the one game? The legend grows!

Jinxy

Lads anyone hear anything about Anthony Moyles? It's rumoured his shoulder is destroyed.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on July 08, 2008, 09:49:31 AM
"Another"? Two in the one game? The legend grows!

Wouldnt put it past him!
Ask me holy bollix

thejuice

Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2008, 09:52:39 AM
Lads anyone hear anything about Anthony Moyles? It's rumoured his shoulder is destroyed.

Out for the Limerick game with a hairline fracture in his shoulder according to Hoganstand. They also reckon McAnerny wont be playing either. for fupp sake.

Hardy

A terrible year for Moyles and a Moyles-less Meath has a much reduced chance of progress.

Jinxy

Quote from: thejuice on July 08, 2008, 12:12:17 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on July 08, 2008, 09:52:39 AM

Out for the Limerick game with a hairline fracture in his shoulder according to Hoganstand.
They also reckon McAnerny wont be playing either. for fupp sake.

In fairness, thats not as bad as I heard it was thankfully.