Mugabe

Started by bridgegael, June 29, 2008, 09:28:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bridgegael

somebody sort that man out!!!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Down Gael

Dont think there is any oil, so America, the world police arent interested. Britain have drawn up contingency plans to get its citizens out but they wont go as far as getting rid of him.

jodyb

I heard last night that South Africa had been threatened with the removal of the 2010 World cup if they dont intervene. In fairness, how much can they do? They're still struggling to establish a bit of stability in their own country

BennyHarp

I think everything will be ok in Zimbabwe now that the UK say they wont play cricket against them!
That was never a square ball!!

Minder

Agree TYP,do people really think a half mad 84 year old is pulling the strings? He is merely a figurehead. There is no easy endgame in Zimbabwe. To ask for Mugabes head on a platter would achieve little, they got Saddams. . . . . That is working out well isnt it?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ardal

Quote from: bridgegael on June 29, 2008, 09:28:55 AM
somebody sort that man out!!!!

thik the man should be executed with a butter knife, but is he really that different from many african leaders? Feck that, most EU countries have recently agreed to make "major" changes to their constitutions without having an election. Viva Mugabe :o

Over the Bar

QuoteDont think there is any oil, so America, the world police arent interested. Britain have drawn up contingency plans to get its citizens out but they wont go as far as getting rid of him.

Zimbabwe is a sovereign nation, regardless as to whether a democracy or a dictatorship.  any attempt to "get rid of him" on the part of other nations is a war crime, just like the US invasion of Iraq.   Whatever the views on Mugabe, Zimbabwe has to sort out it's own problems.

stew

Quote from: Over the Bar on June 29, 2008, 01:22:32 PM
QuoteDont think there is any oil, so America, the world police arent interested. Britain have drawn up contingency plans to get its citizens out but they wont go as far as getting rid of him.

Zimbabwe is a sovereign nation, regardless as to whether a democracy or a dictatorship.  any attempt to "get rid of him" on the part of other nations is a war crime, just like the US invasion of Iraq.   Whatever the views on Mugabe, Zimbabwe has to sort out it's own problems.

How the fcuk is the US invasion of Iraq a war crime????? Can we expect Bush to be charged with what you suggest???

The invasion was sanctioned and therefore I doubt Bush will be too worried about having to face war crime charges, even if it hadnt been that wouldnt have happened, the president can do whatever the fcuk he likes unfortunately, when it comes to running roughshod over the rest of the world that is. >:( >:( >:( >:(
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: muppet on April 08, 2008, 08:41:38 PM
We all know what is coming in Zimbabwe but the international community including the 'democracy loving' Mr Bush see no evil there at all. Maybe we should insist that the World Cup is switched from South Africa and then we can all boycott it.
MWWSI 2017

muppet

Quote from: stew on June 29, 2008, 08:40:51 PM

How the fcuk is the US invasion of Iraq a war crime????? Can we expect Bush to be charged with what you suggest???

The invasion was sanctioned and therefore I doubt Bush will be too worried about having to face war crime charges, even if it hadnt been that wouldnt have happened, the president can do whatever the fcuk he likes unfortunately, when it comes to running roughshod over the rest of the world that is. >:( >:( >:( >:(

The invasion was sanctioned by the invador and a few lackeys. It certainly wasnt sanctioned by the UN or the wider international community. 98% of the troops came from only 2 countries.

The lack of sanction is not why Bush has nothing to worry about. It is the double standards the US government employ. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are both text book war crimes as is Abu Ghraib. But you wont see any trial. The Japs were found guilty of a 'crime against peace' for Pearl Harbour but you wont see anything over the invasion of Iraq.
MWWSI 2017

Rossfan

How the fcuk is the US invasion of Iraq a war crime?????

The vary same way as Germany invading Poland in 1939 was.
You know.. sovereign country minding it's own business - until a big bully with large armed forces sends them in without invitation to murder the local soldiers and any civilians who happen to get in their path.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: muppet on June 29, 2008, 09:04:31 PM

The invasion was sanctioned by the invador and a few lackeys. It certainly wasnt sanctioned by the UN or the wider international community. 98% of the troops came from only 2 countries.

The lack of sanction is not why Bush has nothing to worry about. It is the double standards the US government employ. Hiroshima and Nagasaki are both text book war crimes as is Abu Ghraib. But you wont see any trial. The Japs were found guilty of a 'crime against peace' for Pearl Harbour but you wont see anything over the invasion of Iraq.

So you can convict Bush in the court of opinion however we wont see any trial, is that it???

The UN could take the US to court but would lose given the veto clause so they are toothless as well as gutless.

No US president will ever be charged with war crimes however what Bush pulled in this  whole debacle is an absolute disgrace.

If the president is not convicted of war crimes surely he is innocent of such charges or can we take it that we brits were right to intern men they thoguht might be terrorists?????

It never ceases to amaze me that people will bash the US ceaselessly yet never utter a word about the atrocities that were and are being committed by Husseins minnions and the likes of Al Queida et al.

I am at the point were I am almost hoping the stinking democrats win this election and get the troops out of there as soon as possible, I cant believe I am saying that but I am.

I hope the new President, whomever he may be, stays well away from foreign conflict unless they send troops as part of a UN sanctioned force, the American people are sick of losing their loved ones all over the globe, enough is enough.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

hitzelsperger

Quote from: Down Gael on June 29, 2008, 10:15:40 AM
Dont think there is any oil, so America, the world police arent interested. Britain have drawn up contingency plans to get its citizens out but they wont go as far as getting rid of him.

totally agree, if there was oil the brits and yanks would be in there like a shot! Mugabe needs taken out but no one can get close enuf

muppet

QuoteSo you can convict Bush in the court of opinion however we wont see any trial, is that it???

The UN could take the US to court but would lose given the veto clause so they are toothless as well as gutless.

Firstly it is merely my opinion not a court of opinion.

Suggesting the UN taking the US to court is like asking Mugabe or one of his top Generals to arrest himself. The constant bashing of the UN by the Bush administration is silly rhetoric designed to confuse the impressionable locals. Weak UN=no one to restrain the Neo-cons.  It doesnt fool anyone else Stew.

Finally it took a long time but after your (almost) lone fight to persuade us all in 2004 that Dubya should be re-elected you have finally seen the light. Of course it probably wasnt Iraq that changed your mind, does it have something to do with the fact that he has caused the collapse of the Dollar and the rise of gas prices?
MWWSI 2017

red hander

I have to laugh at the British attitude to this. The people calling for sanctions etc are the exact same people who opposed sanctions against Apartheid South Africa cos 'they won't work'.  There's a real touch of racism involved here.  If Mugabe was white there would be a 10th of the shite about him ... General Pinochet was an even bigger bastard than Mugabe yet he was one of that hoor Thatcher's best mates