Paragon Beer Garden- Sunday

Started by fred the red, June 26, 2008, 01:58:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fred the red

Anyone attending the Down Armagh game on Sunday fancy meeting up before hand for a pre game drink and a bit of banter?

Il be in the Paragon Beer garden from about 2 O clock onwards, il wear a Lance Armstrong band so anyone can identify me.

orangeman

Will you have a racer with you as well ?  ;)

T Fearon

You'd need more than a Lance Armstrong headband in that place. A crash helmet would be more appropriate. The last time I was in that place (admittedly years ago) there was young one's smashing glasses and acting the maggot in general

fred the red

Quote from: orangeman on June 26, 2008, 01:59:49 PM
Will you have a racer with you as well ?  ;)

Na I hear youy can get points now for speeding in the south, already have enough on my license  :P

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2008, 02:00:11 PM
You'd need more than a Lance Armstrong headband in that place. A crash helmet would be more appropriate. The last time I was in that place (admittedly years ago) there was young one's smashing glasses and acting the maggot in general

Armagh were playing then?

bennydorano

Clones brings out the worst in young 'uns, I predict a skelping session with our south armagh bretheren battering the Newry nucks into submission.

T Fearon

Or in other words, avoid the Paragon like the plague.

I cannot understand the fascination with Clones for so called pre or post match atmosphere. The pubs are shitholes (Creightons is like something you would have encountered back in the early 70s), access roads are crap, parking terrible etc. I cannot remember the last time I did anything other than park the car, go straight to the stadium and back to the car straight after the match and out pronto

D4S

Clones has a great atmosphere for matches.  I know down haven't been there too much in the last decade but I've been there for numerous ulster championship matches and the atmosphere is hard to beat.  Walking down the hill from the diamond and up the hill to the pitch is a real buzz! 2pm bit late to start as well mate, I'll be in clones from 12 good few pints then head up to the field and catch the minor game too I think! My woman from Tyrone and all they have left in the Ulster Championship is the minors so a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do! C'mon Tyrone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (minors)!

Packie Willies is a great spot up past the paragon at top of hill...will be a huge crowd outside it on sunday if we can get the weather! The Paragon was done up a few months ago too they got rid of all the paintings on the walls of mickey linden etc...now they have action snaps from matches benny coulter is in 1 and tommy freeman in another they're very good! So it isnt as bad as it used to be...but will still be full of drunk16 year olds on matchday! Id rather be in with the drunk 20somethings like myself ;D
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Maguire01

Quote from: bennydorano on June 26, 2008, 04:07:22 PM
Clones brings out the worst in young 'uns, I predict a skelping session with our south armagh bretheren battering the Newry nucks into submission.
Clones, The Holylands...... anywhere away from home seems to bring out the best/or worst in some of these young 'uns!

Quote from: T Fearon on June 26, 2008, 04:24:03 PM
Or in other words, avoid the Paragon like the plague.

I cannot understand the fascination with Clones for so called pre or post match atmosphere. The pubs are shitholes (Creightons is like something you would have encountered back in the early 70s), access roads are crap, parking terrible etc. I cannot remember the last time I did anything other than park the car, go straight to the stadium and back to the car straight after the match and out pronto
I assume you mean The Creighton.  It's a hotel, not a pub. Walk on up into the town a bit if you want other pubs.  And if you can't remember the last time you "did anything other than park the car, go straight to the stadium and back to the car straight after the match and out pronto", maybe it was the 70s!

charlie stubbs

what has the holylands got to do with the paragon in clones??

Armamike

That's just, like your opinion man.

fred the red

Quote from: Armamike on June 26, 2008, 09:36:38 PM
The paragon's a shithole.

Well where does anyone wanna meet for a pint?

any pub in clones wlll suit me as long as it serves carlsberg or tennants :D

Maguire01

Quote from: charlie stubbs on June 26, 2008, 09:24:34 PM
what has the holylands got to do with the paragon in clones??
Did you not read my full post? I was alluding to the fact that young ones run wild when they are away from home, regardless of where it is. It was in reference to the receny 'holylands' thread on the main discussion board.

Onion Bag

Quote from: Armamike on June 26, 2008, 09:36:38 PM
The paragon's a shithole.

Here Here Armalike, it is a an absolute dunghole
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

The Subbie

Armagh V Down AKA Battle of the Buckfast brigades. :D :D