Christy Ring

Started by stevecw, June 24, 2008, 08:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RealSpiritof98

Quote from: Red Hurley on July 06, 2008, 06:23:25 PM
Any reports from the Derry v Armagh game? Seemed close enough game looking at the scoreline

From all reports Armagh were 4 points up when the 4 additional minutes were announced. 2-7 to 0-1 down after 15 minutes Armagh rallied to score 5 goals in a 15 minute period either side of half time. Convery picked 1-9 for Derry although all from frees. Derry won by 4 in the end. Armagh battled dispite their big men missing and showed that progress has been made on a wider scale and not just the elite few. Although this year Armagh had no realistic chance of winning anything they have battled hard and not disgraced themselves at a much higher level.

Although a Nicky Rackhard title might have been there for the taking in 2008 after last years near miss, this year the developments seems to have continued at the higher level. Next up Kildare which will be extremely difficult.

imtommygunn

Will Coulter / McCormack be back for the Kildare game?

nrico2006

Coulter is away to America
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

stevecw

Quote from: Lecale2 on July 09, 2008, 10:05:05 AM
Down v Carlow is the big one this week. There's still a chance the game will be moved to Ballycran apparently. The winner of this one should be able to go on to the final.

Should be a cracker of a game. 2 really evenly matched teams. I agree the winner gets a home qf & more than likely will be good enough to reach final prob v Westmeath.
Its a bit annoying tho, that on wed night we still dont know where this game will take place. Ive heard Newry, Ballycran, Ballygalgat or something like that!
Im heading to Down for this game, but would love to know where it will be held. Kinda helps when booking hotel for Sat night!
Hope we hear a confirmed venue for this game tomorrow.

groundlie

Kildare are a brave enough side by all accounts. I think Down will go right and well though they have class players in Gab Clarke, McGourty and Branniff. Would love to see them win it, they deserve a big day in the limelight, and remember Jim McKernan (current Down manager) is the man who lead Antrim to the CR in 06 so he knows the stock.

downgirl

Quote from: stevecw on July 09, 2008, 09:21:07 PM
Quote from: Lecale2 on July 09, 2008, 10:05:05 AM
Down v Carlow is the big one this week. There's still a chance the game will be moved to Ballycran apparently. The winner of this one should be able to go on to the final.

Should be a cracker of a game. 2 really evenly matched teams. I agree the winner gets a home qf & more than likely will be good enough to reach final prob v Westmeath.
Its a bit annoying tho, that on wed night we still dont know where this game will take place. Ive heard Newry, Ballycran, Ballygalgat or something like that!
Im heading to Down for this game, but would love to know where it will be held. Kinda helps when booking hotel for Sat night!
Hope we hear a confirmed venue for this game tomorrow.

It would make more sense for the match to be in Ballycran/Ballygalget/Portaferry due to it being the 12th...I don't fancy having to travel to Newry from my house as it involves going through Clough...I don't know if they are having a parade there or not but all the brand new union jacks and red hand of ulster flags unsettle me when I'm not wearing a gaelic jersey... :-\ :-\

Lecale2

The Down/Carlow game is in Newry. If it was being played in Ballycran I would strongly fancy Down. In Newry it could go any way. I wouldn't be surprised if it was a draw.

Down Gael

DOWN 3-13 CARLOW 0-19

K Courtney sent off mid way through he first half, second yellow card.

Bacon

Good win for Down. The full back line + Clarke in nets were excellent. Carlow went for goals far too early. They could have won if they had taken their points.

Courtney is too lose for inter county and refs will always book him. Magic & Dule were superb!
Down Championships Prediction League Winner 2009

Down Gael

Wicklow v Mayo
Down v Derry
Kerry v Carlow
Kildare v Westmeath

slow corner back

Some intresting match ups there. Down with home advantage should be too strong for Derry. As for the other games, hard to call. Mayo have improved but wicklow were able to take out Westmeath last time so with home advantage it should be wicklow. Kerry are tough to beat in the kingdom and may just edge carlow although it is a 50/50 game. Kildare at home to everyones pre tournament favourites westmeath, how much has andy comerford brought on kildare? Another 50/50 match i would say.

Pull Hard Hes No Relation

Bit harsh on Kieran Courtney there Bacon given his performances all year, don't think your opinion would be shared by the rest of the county and certainly not the county management. Would you say the same thing about the guy if he was from the Ards? Doubt it

stevecw

Wicklow v Mayo
Wicklow will easy win this one. Struggled during league, but have got sorted since. Win by 6 or 7 pts
Down v Derry. A No brainer, Down have an amazing forward division...hit the goals that mattered in group games & will beat Derry by at least 10 pts
Kerry v Carlow- Hard one to call. Carlow are the better team, but the game is in Tralee where Kerry are very rarely beaten. But last time they met in div 2 semi in Limerick Carlow won easily by about 15 points...so id side with Carlow for this..but only by 2 or 3 pts.
Kildare v Westmeath
Its the form team Kildare v the team that thinks they are better than this level!!I dunno if westmeath are all that after a loss to Wicklow! :o
But if i had to choose i think Kildare might cause a real big shock here & beat Westmeath!

AZOffaly

Were Westmeath already qualified? I thought they were quite good of what I've seen of them this year. Maybe they took the foot off the pedal for Wicklow?

Lecale2

Quote from: AZOffaly on July 16, 2008, 10:35:29 AM
Were Westmeath already qualified? I thought they were quite good of what I've seen of them this year. Maybe they took the foot off the pedal for Wicklow?

I think Westmeath played a weakened team for some reason. Maybe resting players for the knockout stage. It may come back to bite them. Kildare have been in great form and on paper look like they are capable of an upset.

Carlow will beat Kerry. They would have beaten Down but for some poor discipline and decision making.
Down should beat Derry but they've had problems getting passed them in the past.
Wicklow will make up the semi final line up.

Has the draw for the semis been made?