Killean, Co Armagh

Started by Feckitt, June 23, 2008, 01:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

tyrone86

I thought I heard this story before, is it not something to do with lads playing soccer?

orangeman

Quote from: tyrone86 on June 23, 2008, 05:03:53 PM
I thought I heard this story before, is it not something to do with lads playing soccer?

Hopefully not !

Uladh

Down Gael

Quote from: Uladh on June 23, 2008, 04:59:33 PM

Meaigh, Cloughuge, dromalane and killeen make up the parish of upper killeavy and those three areas supply the killeavy club. traditionally there were never many killen lads featuring for killeavy and years back most killeen fellas would have played for Jonesborough (Dromintee).

Dromalane is not in Upper Killeavy, it is in Middle Killeavy and anyone with talent from that area went to Newry Shamrocks. Anyone I know from Killean would be Killeavy man and not Dromintee.

Where is the new pitch and who are the sponsors?

corn02

I take it this is a result of last years walk-out thing. If I am right it was to do with players playing soccer on the Sat before games. Can only be bad news.

Armagh Exile

I hear it is a new training pitch for the County Development squads.

corn02

TacadoirArdMhacha

Aw frig, a great story with weath, treason and "the foreign game" all thrown together ruined by a mudane youth development scheme.

If its a pitch for the underage county squads then fair play to those involved. Can only be good for the future to invest these resources in the Development squads.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

bennydorano

Hardly very accesible for a 'County' training facility?? 

Feckitt

It's fairly handy.  5 minutes from Newry, and 1 mile from the Motorway

bennydorano

Yeah that makes sense - the motorway's in County Louth and the city in Co Down, not exactly catering for Armagh's needs, handy for people in a certain parts of south armagh and no one else; but the real issue anyway is- is the pitch for the breakaway team or development squads? no one seems to know (or doesn't want to say).

billy the kid

Quote from: Feckitt on June 23, 2008, 02:48:18 PM
The pitch is across the road from the chapel.  Cotttage Road? I think.  Possibly Clontigora Road.  But it is a full size pitch.  Not just for childer ??? ???

Childer???

Not being smart but I Have heard this word used before by you Armagh folk and have always wondered if is it slang for Children or just poor pronunciation or your accents?
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

rootthemout

heard this was hughies dream pitch for the dream team he wanted to play in killean when he fell out with killeavy a year or so ago,the gael wanted to try and spilt killeavy,dont no what happened but have seen him at killeavy games this season.

stpauls

Quote from: billy the kid on June 24, 2008, 12:35:38 PM
Quote from: Feckitt on June 23, 2008, 02:48:18 PM
The pitch is across the road from the chapel.  Cotttage Road? I think.  Possibly Clontigora Road.  But it is a full size pitch.  Not just for childer ??? ???

Childer???

Not being smart but I Have heard this word used before by you Armagh folk and have always wondered if is it slang for Children or just poor pronunciation or your accents?

it isn't just us armagh ones that use it, i know a few Tyronies that use it as well!!