Killean, Co Armagh

Started by Feckitt, June 23, 2008, 01:35:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Feckitt

What's the craic lads?  New pitch laid with fencing, sponsors, car park.  Is the split from Killeavy happening?

Yes I Would

Didnt Hughie Abramovich threaten this a while back?? With little numbers he could be splashing out in the transfer market!!

Feckitt

At least three local oil barons, have their sponsor boards up.  Could this be like Field of Dreams?

orangeman

What's the story here lads - I'd have thought that if anything the number of clubs would be reducing instead of increasing !

Uladh

Is it not Killeen?

Pronounced Kill yin

Zapatista

Quote from: Uladh on June 23, 2008, 02:20:43 PM
Is it not Killeen?

Pronounced Kill yin

Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon

Feckitt

In the bad old days, the BBC would be there regularly, calling the place Kill een, County Aw-maw.  Locals spell it Killean, pronounced Kill yin.  I think the school is spelt Killean

bennydorano

First I've heard about it, where is the pitch in relation to the village?

Feckitt

The pitch is across the road from the chapel.  Cotttage Road? I think.  Possibly Clontigora Road.  But it is a full size pitch.  Not just for childer

Uladh

Quote from: bennydorano on June 23, 2008, 02:37:07 PM
First I've heard about it, where is the pitch in relation to the village?

Where's the village?

bennydorano

Them few houses up beside the current pitch?  Is Killeavey not a village? Hamlet/townland?  I've no idea about a lot of the intricacies in South Armagh tbh, they draw out of Meigh too dont they?

feetofflames

In the split who got Stevie from Killion - nah dosent have the same ring about it. 
We had the same problem in Tyrone with a club called Glencull -  That team has since went onto win Ulster championships as Errigal and there was simply only a name change needed after years of dissent from the faction.     
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on June 23, 2008, 04:00:28 PM
In the split who got Stevie from Killion - nah dosent have the same ring about it. 
We had the same problem in Tyrone with a club called Glencull -  That team has since went onto win Ulster championships as Errigal and there was simply only a name change needed after years of dissent from the faction.     

Is that all ?   ;)

Uladh

Meaigh, Cloughuge, dromalane and killeen make up the parish of upper killeavy and those three areas supply the killeavy club. traditionally there were never many killen lads featuring for killeavy and years back most killeen fellas would have played for Jonesborough (Dromintee).

orangeman

Quote from: Uladh on June 23, 2008, 04:59:33 PM

Meaigh, Cloughuge, dromalane and killeen make up the parish of upper killeavy and those three areas supply the killeavy club. traditionally there were never many killen lads featuring for killeavy and years back most killeen fellas would have played for Jonesborough (Dromintee).

So why form a new club ?