most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Seen Paul from Spin City in Tiffany's in New York.

Got my photo taken with Gary Lineker who was filming a series about World Cup goal scorers on Charles Bridge in Prague. Nice bloke but he was muttering to his crew that he wished a certain group would "f**k off" as they were taking photos while he was being filmed!

Seen plenty of Liam Neeson around the Glens but he's never had the pleasure of meeting me.

A mate of mine once stuck his tongue in the ear of one of the Corrs - I don't it was conspiracy theorist Jim though!

Met Paddy Kielty plenty of times back in the day when he was doing his business at the Empire in Belfast. Early indications were that he was a c**k!

Seen Roger Daltrey in Aldergrove.

Jimmy Nesbitt once tried to get into a taxi beside me outside The Empire after the comedy night - my mate who was at the toilet came out and said "Jimmy get the f**k outta me seat!". Nesbitt then sprinted down Botanic Avenue towards Bradbury Place. Blocked he was!

Seen Liverpool legend Stevie Nicol locking his car keys in the car outside White Hart Lane back in the day.

Most impressive of all though has been spending time in the company of Antrim legend Terence 'Sambo' McNaughton

corn02

isourboydownyet

charlie haughey,alot of former and present liverpool footballers but the best of all was meeting kylie and getting a kiss on the cheek in newyork

screenmachine

few of the lads from screen went over to liverpool for a boxing night and ran into rooneys da...few of them got a taxi home with him and ended up staying at his house on the sat nite and went on the rip all day sunday...they've actually stayed in contact and are goin back over in the next few weeks to go again and they think wayne will be there this time himself...
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

screenexile

Quote from: screenmachine on June 23, 2008, 03:11:30 PM
few of the lads from screen went over to liverpool for a boxing night and ran into rooneys da...few of them got a taxi home with him and ended up staying at his house on the sat nite and went on the rip all day sunday...they've actually stayed in contact and are goin back over in the next few weeks to go again and they think wayne will be there this time himself...

Poor Wazza snr still gets the odd drunken 2 oclock fone call from the lads in the bar with a rapturous chorus of "ON THE DOLE DRINKIN' WINE EVERTON!"... poor man!

Candyman

Mother Teresa in armagh......... She gave me a miraculous medal!!!  ;D

Candyman

Oh and i've also met the "Bishop" on numerous occassions, although he lives here!!!!   ;)

The Iceman

Chris Eubank in Gatwick airport - he sat beside me on the bus to the terminal
Crazy Horse Hughes (RIP) met him in Ballina at the Ridge Pool fishing
Barry McGuigan - met him a charity boxing match with my dad
Johny Nelson - met him in the Hilton in Glasgow the morning after a Mike Tyson fight
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

spiritof91and94

Shared a petrol pump with Dennis Bergkamp in Cockfosters on a Saturday Morning before Arsenal played Chelsea in 2002 - very pleasant guy.
While visiting my aunt in Winchmore Hill, I was informed Frank McClintock lived opposite her and when I was leaving sure enough Frank was getting into George Grahams car.....

Minder

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 23, 2008, 12:42:20 PM
Seen Paul from Spin City in Tiffany's in New York.

Got my photo taken with Gary Lineker who was filming a series about World Cup goal scorers on Charles Bridge in Prague. Nice bloke but he was muttering to his crew that he wished a certain group would "f**k off" as they were taking photos while he was being filmed!

Seen plenty of Liam Neeson around the Glens but he's never had the pleasure of meeting me.

A mate of mine once stuck his tongue in the ear of one of the Corrs - I don't it was conspiracy theorist Jim though!

Met Paddy Kielty plenty of times back in the day when he was doing his business at the Empire in Belfast. Early indications were that he was a c**k!

Seen Roger Daltrey in Aldergrove.

Jimmy Nesbitt once tried to get into a taxi beside me outside The Empire after the comedy night - my mate who was at the toilet came out and said "Jimmy get the f**k outta me seat!". Nesbitt then sprinted down Botanic Avenue towards Bradbury Place. Blocked he was!

Seen Liverpool legend Stevie Nicol locking his car keys in the car outside White Hart Lane back in the day.

Most impressive of all though has been spending time in the company of Antrim legend Terence 'Sambo' McNaughton

It was actually ex Spurs & Bolton player Gudni Bergsson that locked the keys in his car Tony, from what i heard.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

DrinkingHarp

Just met Diablo Cody (Oscar Winner for Junno) tonite at a dive bar in Lemont, IL. She grew up in Lemont and was in town when myself and a few buddies were out for a suprise birthday party. Her chest could have won an Oscar  ;) but she was an incredible nice and humble person. She sang Guns N Roses "Sweet child of Mine" for karaoke(sp). She signed an autograph for my nephew who won a young author award here in Illinois. Have a picture of her and myself on the cell phone and if I can figure out how to post it from cell phone to internet I will do it.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

The Watcher Pat

There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

CC1

Probably David Beckham in his United days. Say what you want about the man, he certainly had lots of time for fans. He never left without signing every single childs autograph book.
"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."

milltown row

back when i had a head of hair and take that were in :D   they landed in the Manhattan night club with Lulu, the boys were up strutting there stuff and the ladies were all over them, as they were leaving my cousin and i thought we'd say hello, when we shouted over Gary, Robbie, Mark cant mind the other two names , they looked over smiling as we dropped the bags and gave them and nice look at our hairy asses :D  classy

Lar Naparka

I used to work for Bertie many years ago, before he became Taoiseach. (I just couldn't stick most of the Drumcondra mafia so I jumped ship.)
No problem with drinking with him. Kennedy's, Fagan's, Tolka House, Beaumont House; the list was quite long and varied as it wouldn't do to give the impression that anyone in the entourage was fond of the stuff or called to the same shop too often. ;D
I went to school with Enda and have remained good boozing buddies with him since.
The eve of a Connacht final in Castlebar was very much a ritual for years; six or seven of us from the same time in Pat's Drumcondr,a would find a corner in a Castlebar pub that tolerated late drinking and off-key singing.
We were spoilt for choice. ;D
BTW; Enda, when off-stage, is great craic entirely and far more of a gas man than you'd ever guess from his public appearances.
It never bothered either that I had a foot in the enemy camp or would pass on the odd informal message from one to the other. (It did bother some of the meat heads around Bertie but I didn't let anything they thought ever bother me.)
I wouldn't consider either to be exactly famous but it would have been somewhat unusual to be a drinking buddy with both at the same time.
Really famous person?
I had a good , long chat with Mohammed Ali the time he fought in Croke Park.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi