most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shamrock Shore

Had a chat with Bonzo in the jacks in Paddy Guilbauds last Criustmas.

On speaking terms with Charlie Bird.

Can I have my prize now  ;)

charlie stubbs

hoopsaaa

Pope John Paull II.

Martin Keown

Not at the same time!

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

RedandGreenSniper

Met Elvis Presley last week. He's labouring out here in Sydney these days. Nice fella
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: stephenite on June 21, 2008, 06:02:54 AM
Rode Baby Spice on a flight to Seattle

You for real man???  If this is true then f**k meeting bill gates, id rather do what you done!!

Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

Square Ball

Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

BennyHarp

i shared a lift with alan shearer in the burlington hotel on the morning of the all ireland semi tyrone v kerry in 2003! He was asking me about the match- who was playing etc! I asked him what he was up to today - he said he was playing golf! At that point i noticed his golf clubs beside him! Felt a bit of a gimp!

Must have been a magic lift actually,  because i also met eoin liston and adrian logan in the same lift! All at different times though!

What the funniest/stupidiest/most embarrassing thing people have said to a famous person???
That was never a square ball!!

rrhf

Jeez Ive never seen you before in here - to Andrea Corr in Downings.

ziggysego

I asked Nadine Coyle to give Jessie Metcalfe the flick and meet me in the local.

I asked Jodie Marsh what's wrong with her nose.

Told Sean Maguire to f**k off.

Why I Sir Patrick Moore why he's such a grumpy bastard.

Told Ben Affleck that Reindeer Games and Pearl Harbour were shit films.... he agreed.
Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

Quote from: rrhf on June 21, 2008, 01:39:24 PM
Jeez Ive never seen you before in here - to Andrea Corr in Downings.
Just when i have been on the topic of my 'waiting' days on the tipping thread, i ground pepper on Andrea's Cesar Salad until she said Stop!
:P

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: BennyHarp on June 21, 2008, 01:11:50 PM
i shared a lift with alan shearer in the burlington hotel on the morning of the all ireland semi tyrone v kerry in 2003! He was asking me about the match- who was playing etc! I asked him what he was up to today - he said he was playing golf! At that point i noticed his golf clubs beside him! Felt a bit of a gimp!

Must have been a magic lift actually,  because i also met eoin liston and adrian logan in the same lift! All at different times though!

What the funniest/stupidiest/most embarrassing thing people have said to a famous person???

Also met Alan Shearer.Pure gentleman he was too
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Maguire01 on June 21, 2008, 10:00:45 AM
Quote from: ONeill on June 20, 2008, 11:26:00 PM
QuoteAlso met Pat Cash in a pub in Melbourne and had a pint with him

No you didn't. You saw him. You didn't have a pint with him.
I wonder how true that is of many claims on here.  What constitutes 'meeting' someone, or having a pint with them? Being in the same pub? Passing them on the way to the bogs?

Can't speak for anyone's else's claims but i did meet Pat Cash in a pub in Melbourne,My mate pointed out who he was as i have no interest in Tennis and didn't know him.
We went over to him and we had a chat with him for a half an hour,He was just having some lunch after a book signing for a book he had just brought out,and he bought us a pint each..
Very nice man and he knew all about Gaelic Games
You'll Never Walk Alone.

take_yer_points

Met Henry Winkler and was an extra in a TV series he was making in NYC a few years back.

Been out with Michelle Marsh a few times - she's married to a friend of a friend.

Main Street

When it mattered to me, way way back I shared a joint with Phil Lynnot in the dressing room of the Dagenham Roundhouse, while a lubricated Eric Bell urinated into the wash basin.
He was very decent, amiable and talked awhile to me. He was a hero to me then and it meant the world that he took a minute or two.
It was a free gig in front of about 30 or 40, they came on late but played a brilliant set to about 11pm.
I got the last tube into the city but missed my train connection at Charing Cross.
I remember getting a cup of tea from a caravan, the next I remember was some guy tapped me on the shoulder waking me up and said I was about to fall over.
It was about 6.30am on the riverfront, I had fallen asleep on my feet and I was still standing up.
What's the record for human sleeping on their feet?