most famous person you have met

Started by saffron sam2, June 20, 2008, 09:57:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longrunsthefox

I blew it bigtime.... August 2000 a friend got me and her two seats in directors box for Celtic V Rangers. Martin O'Neill's first Old Firm game. The 'doorman' looked very like the great Jimmy Johnston. Anyway Celtic won 6-2 and place was buzzing. As we left I asked a stewart, ' Is that Jimmy Johnston?
He said, 'No-but a lot of people think that.'  A year or two later Jimmy died and news report said he was employed as a 'greeter' at Celtic Park!! It was him surely. Gutted and he was my Dad's hero 1967 and all that. we did get our photo taken with Noel Gallagher and him wearing  a Celtic scarf but really regret I didn't trust my gut feeling.     

bigfrank

I met the whole chelsea and aston villa teams last year!!Pretty cool :P :PPlus Pugsy off soccer am(sky sports) the same day

5 Sams

Quote from: longrunsthefox on January 11, 2009, 11:31:15 PM
I blew it bigtime.... August 2000 a friend got me and her two seats in directors box for Celtic V Rangers. Martin O'Neill's first Old Firm game. The 'doorman' looked very like the great Jimmy Johnston. Anyway Celtic won 6-2 and place was buzzing. As we left I asked a stewart, ' Is that Jimmy Johnston?
He said, 'No-but a lot of people think that.'  A year or two later Jimmy died and news report said he was employed as a 'greeter' at Celtic Park!! It was him surely. Gutted and he was my Dad's hero 1967 and all that. we did get our photo taken with Noel Gallagher and him wearing  a Celtic scarf but really regret I didn't trust my gut feeling.     

The steward was a bit of a tool if he didnt know Jinky.....
The Aristocrat Years

Son_of_Sam

I have met

Jack Charlton
Enda Kenny
Micheal D. Higgins
Mary Robinson
Shane McGowan
Garret Fitzgearld
Bono
Mich McCarthy
(Lots of Intercounty players, really no need to list on this site or all out lists would be too long)
Brenda Fricker
Eddie Jordan
Micheal Flattley
Desmond Llewelyn (Q in James Bond)
Dr. Karl Kennedy !!!
Libby from Neighbours
Rachel from Neighbours

thats all I can remember at the moment probably missing someone obvious.

longrunsthefox

He probably did know him 5 Sams and didn't tell me the truth  :(.  Impressed with your Gaeilge on other thread- wish I had same.

ziggysego

Met Jamie Maguire from Shameless a few weeks ago. Nice bloke. Also met John Daly recently too.
Testing Accessibility

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

Onion Bag

Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2009, 10:31:33 AM
Met Jamie Maguire from Shameless a few weeks ago. Nice bloke. Also met John Daly recently too.

Was that at the famous Annual 5K run in Greencastle on Boxing day,
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

saffron sam2

Having received a PM asking if I did indeed do tequila slammers with Bill Gates, I would like to point out that I started this thread in direct response to this post from Minder.

Quote from: Minder on June 20, 2008, 02:10:46 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 20, 2008, 02:03:14 PM
Is this yet another thread for people to show how much they have travelled?!

However I never fail to be unimpressed by a visit to Larne!

It seems to be Tony, i am waiting for the monthly thread "most famous person you have met" to be regaled of tales from posters doing tequila slammers with Bill Gates.........

http://gaaboard.com/board/index.php?topic=8191.msg315412#msg315412
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

illdecide

I met Michael Austin a few months ago in Manchester
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebigfella

I walked the Brackaville/Coalisland ghost across the road the other day. She didn't say much, not even a thank you  >:(

Top of the hill

Met Harvey Smith (the showjumper) at a donkey derby in Greencastle years ago. Had his autograph on the back of a fag packet in the house for years but sadly it can no longer be found
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

ziggysego

Quote from: Onion Bag on January 13, 2009, 11:51:16 AM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 12, 2009, 10:31:33 AM

Was that at the famous Annual 5K run in Greencastle on Boxing day,

Yep, that's the place. Where you at it? Seen a few running around in Armagh tops.
Testing Accessibility

the colonel

holly willoughby played in our student union and i picked her up at the airport and dropped her off, she was great craic, really nice, shite dj though.  the view and the zutons all played as well. drugs galore

had a few drinks with frank mc avennie and his bird a couple of yrs ago on paddys day.  charlie and the bhoys were playing. he tried to pay for the first round and and i was having none of it. looked at my walet and i had no cash left (was late in the nite after an all day rip) so i pulled my card out and put it on that and had to get cash back. looked like a w**ker.

the difference between success and failure is energy

muppet

Quote from: the colonel on January 13, 2009, 07:51:17 PM
holly willoughby played in our student union and i picked her up at the airport and dropped her off, she was great craic, really nice, shite dj though.  the view and the zutons all played as well. drugs galore

had a few drinks with frank mc avennie and his bird a couple of yrs ago on paddys day.  charlie and the bhoys were playing. he tried to pay for the first round and and i was having none of it. looked at my walet and i had no cash left (was late in the nite after an all day rip) so i pulled my card out and put it on that and had to get cash back. looked like a w**ker.

I spoke to God recently and he said he knows George Bush!

Other than that I once met Magpie Seanie, Easytiger, Bordnamonaman and Ig (where'd he go?).
MWWSI 2017