Match Day Music

Started by Uladh, June 18, 2008, 10:36:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Has the national anthem being played before every single Championship game run it's course?

No, I love the custom
I think it should be for Provincial & AI Finals
Parade & Individual county music would be better
Go for a new approach with contemporary Music
Don't care

Hardy

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 23, 2008, 09:08:05 PM
Did anyone notice also at the Cavan v Armagh game the two teams lined up soccer/rugby style before the match to be greeted by the Archbishop of Armagh.

Are you serious? I was only joking here the other day when I suggested we should go back to bishop-greeting before matches. I didn't know they were still at it in Ulster. Did they sing "Faith Of Our Fathers"? In what official capacity was he being greeted?

(Which bishop, btw?)

ONeill

Why not do the Aussie Rules thing and hold up a big bit of paper for the players to run through.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Hardy on June 23, 2008, 09:34:26 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 23, 2008, 09:08:05 PM
Did anyone notice also at the Cavan v Armagh game the two teams lined up soccer/rugby style before the match to be greeted by the Archbishop of Armagh.

Are you serious? I was only joking here the other day when I suggested we should go back to bishop-greeting before matches. I didn't know they were still at it in Ulster. Did they sing "Faith Of Our Fathers"? In what official capacity was he being greeted?

(Which bishop, btw?)

I suppose the bishops proper title is Cardinal, as in Cardinal Brady. Some could argue that since he once played for Cavan, recently got ordained a cardinal and lives in Armagh, that it is only right that he be allowed greet the teams in this way. However, I think religious bias has no place in sport and the days of the catholic church having a "special place" in Irish society should also be a thing of the past.