Ulster championship top goal scorers

Started by T O Hare, June 16, 2008, 05:46:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T O Hare

I seen a stat in the Tribune yesterday that Mc Donnell is joint top goal scorer with Sean O'Neill with 17 goals, is this fact correct!!! it says Benny has scored 13 ulster championship goals?????? does this include qualifiers????
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

armaghniac

Quoteit says Benny has scored 13 ulster championship goals?Huh?? does this include qualifiers?Huh

I know it is hard to figure out, as Down haven't played an important role in it for many years, but the Ulster championship is not the same as the qualifiers.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

T O Hare

I just want to know does anyone know if this in the right facts, sunday papers can get things wrong!!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

laoisgaa

Didnt see the Tribune yesterday but if it's the Tribune and GAA stats then I reckon Leo McGough is responsible. You can expect Leo to be deadly accurate in this regard. Leo is a great man for researching pieces, his work is regularly in Leinster Championship programmes and he writes for The Nationalist in Carlow also.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

corn02

Has to include qualifiers, can any Armagh ones name McDonnells 17.

3 v Limerick
1 v Donegal - 03 semi
1v Tyrone 05 first
1 v Tyrone 01 (?)

Struggling already

Doire abú

Here's the updated top ever scorers from Ulster (as of 3rd June 08)...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/7456987.stm

Paddy Bradley now only 9 points behind Canavan.

Don't know hoe accurate most GAA stats are though. The Tribune says McDonnell has 17 goals, while the BBC says 15.

ONeill

Quote from: corn02 on June 16, 2008, 06:18:25 PM
Has to include qualifiers, can any Armagh ones name McDonnells 17.

3 v Limerick
1 v Donegal - 03 semi
1v Tyrone 05 first
1 v Tyrone 01 (?)

Struggling already

McDonnell scored 2 v Tyrone in 05, one in the drawn Ulster Final and one in their defeat to the 2-time All-Ireland Champions at the semi-final stage.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doire abú

screenexile

Quote from: Doire abú on June 16, 2008, 06:49:34 PM
Here's the updated top ever scorers from Ulster (as of 3rd June 08)...
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/northern_ireland/the_championship/7456987.stm

Paddy Bradley now only 9 points behind Canavan.

Don't know hoe accurate most GAA stats are though. The Tribune says McDonnell has 17 goals, while the BBC says 15.

Holy shit he's gonna be top scorer in Ulster ever by a long way and he'll probably do it this season as well! Only 27 so another 4/5 good years in him yet I would imagine.

holylandsniper

QuoteBenny has scored 13 ulster championship goals?

I wonder what odds Benny got to become top goal scorer this year?

clarshack

paddy bradley will never ever be fit to lace peter canavan's boots. dont even put the 2 in the same sentence!

whiskeysteve

Quote from: clarshack on June 17, 2008, 09:30:55 AM
paddy bradley will never ever be fit to lace peter canavan's boots. dont even put the 2 in the same sentence!

If he becomes top scorer in Ulster of course he will be fit to lace his boots
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

screenexile

What? Catch a grip! I wouldn't judge Paddy Bradley now but whenever he's finished and we'll measure they're achievements against eachother and see who's fit to lace whose boots!

billy the kid

[/b]

Is that not what you just did you knob. :D :D

As exile says wait to Bradley is finished then judge him an see how he and slap head compare.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!