does mc hugh have a clue

Started by superblues, June 15, 2008, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Its great watching the wicked wee face on him when Burns is talking - he bes looking for something he can pour scorn on.
No matter how good a full back line you have, its still risky to leave them man for man - good forwards will always have the advantage. Thought that text about tyrones hunger was a good point too...

dodgy umpire

anyone hear ur man say "alot of people talking about derry and monaghan" for ulster....clueless shite
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

screenexile

McHugh has lost the plot! It comes to half time in matches and he feels he has to start shooting his mouth off about whatever team he feels like. Thank God Burns is there to reel him in at times. Even yesterday he started slagging Armagh's tactics when they had clearly worked well for them in snuffing out Johnston and the fact Derry were a 'disgrace' against Donegal well that just defies belief. We struggled going into half time against a good DOnegal team and then we are a 'disgrace'? The man hasn't a clue and the sooner he gets off the TV the better. He used to be OK in fairness but this last year he has shown himself up to be a jumped up pompous ass!

Seany

I like the way Burns is standing up to him this year.  In other years, he used to listen and not get involved, but this year, he's letting him away with nothing. The rows between the two can make for good tv, though.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Seany on June 16, 2008, 09:49:01 AM
I like the way Burns is standing up to him this year.  In other years, he used to listen and not get involved, but this year, he's letting him away with nothing. The rows between the two can make for good tv, though.

Exactly - think Dunphy v Giles, Hanson v Lawranson etc...

It's all about good cop bad cop, McHugh plays up to this as it makes good tv and gets people talking about the programme - as evidenced here!
Tbc....

thebandit

Burns has improved immensely imo, but I dont think Austie is the answer as anchorman

imtommygunn

To be honest I wouldn't concur that it gets people watching it. I watch it for the game itself - were it on RTE I'd watch it there instead. McHugh talks too much rubbish so I'd turn it over during his analysis. I think he does Burns's head in too. At least Brolly is amusing while he talks his shite!

Orior

Quote from: thebandit on June 16, 2008, 10:46:48 AM
Burns has improved immensely imo, but I dont think Austie is the answer as anchorman

What was the question?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

superblues

think it might have been is austie the answer as anchorman ;D

thebandit

Quote from: Orior on June 16, 2008, 11:40:56 AM

What was the question?

The eternal question of why was Jerome axed!!!

dodgy umpire

Quote from: thebandit on June 16, 2008, 01:03:28 PM

What was the question?

jerome was axed due to a fall out with his bosses over a lack of GAA coverage during the winter
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 16, 2008, 01:15:49 PM
Quote from: thebandit on June 16, 2008, 01:03:28 PM

What was the question?

jerome was axed due to a fall out with his bosses over a lack of GAA coverage during the winter

If thats true then its an absolute disgrace on the BBC!  >:(
Tbc....

haranguerer

Quote from: dodgy umpire on June 15, 2008, 09:50:18 PM
anyone hear ur man say "alot of people talking about derry and monaghan" for ulster....clueless shite

Yep! You could see the two boys looking at him, but its a pity they didnt have the balls to say not too many talking about monaghan now considering they're out 2 weeks ago! I think he realised himself as he was saying it, he faltered a bit. And sidebottom had a serious hard on for brothers all day...

Yes I Would

Wonder what Big Joe was up to when Sidebottom caught him "on the hop".
Could be wrong but sounded like a doughnut or something working its way down his gullet!