does mc hugh have a clue

Started by superblues, June 15, 2008, 04:30:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fíor Gael

Quote from: Yes I Would on June 16, 2008, 03:02:19 PM
Wonder what Big Joe was up to when Sidebottom caught him "on the hop".
Could be wrong but sounded like a doughnut or something working its way down his gullet!

Classic. ;D

lfdown2

The thing that gets up my nose the most is sidebottom and this 'plays' shite!!

And 5 points plays 4 or 1-2 plays 2-3

>:(

ONeill

Was Jerome axed cos of his colour?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

billy the kid

Quote from: screenexile on June 16, 2008, 09:35:22 AM
McHugh has lost the plot! It comes to half time in matches and he feels he has to start shooting his mouth off about whatever team he feels like. Thank God Burns is there to reel him in at times. Even yesterday he started slagging Armagh's tactics when they had clearly worked well for them in snuffing out Johnston and the fact Derry were a 'disgrace' against Donegal well that just defies belief. We struggled going into half time against a good DOnegal team and then we are a 'disgrace'? The man hasn't a clue and the sooner he gets off the TV the better. He used to be OK in fairness but this last year he has shown himself up to be a jumped up pompous ass!

I agree Exile. Mchugh is the one who is a disgrace he just cant stand any team doing better than Donegal.  He has a particular hatred of Derry and I have rarely heard him praise them and never without adding in some snide remark or questioning some aspect of their play.  He has also shown more and more hostility towards Armagh during the last number of years probably due to them beating donegal reguarly.

All the analysts on all the channels are biased towards their own teams to a certain degree, but McHugh takes the biscuit and can never hide his hatred of other teams.  A complete c**k.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

Seany

Classic Quote Yesterday...  (or words to that effect)

McHugh - I dont believe in the Armagh tactic of leaving two up and pulling men out putting it in hight and having no plan B and smothering defence and blah blah blah

Burns - Not really, Martin. McDonnell and Clarke are 2 genuine ball-winners and can catch with the best of them- they're not relying on nancy boy ball to get their possession.

The expression on McHugh's face when he says this is priceless.

armawman

Martin McHugh's comments about Armagh yesterday were spot on. I've been watching this Armagh team since 1999 and he made very valid comments.

Armagh continually put difficult ball into Clarke and McDonnell who then have to fight for it and try and score from difficult situations. Plus they have to put so much effort into winning the ball and fighting off three or four men, it saps their energy. McHugh was making the excellent point that they should be trying to give Clarke and McDonnell easier ball to make it easier for them. This has been obvious for many years. If Armagh ran more at teams and opened up defences and laid off handy passes to McDonnell and Clarke in space, they would get more handy scores and handy frees. instead they play balls out to the corner flag to McDonnell, who then has to try to work a score.  

McHugh was simply saying Armagh should play the running game more and give handy passes to McDonnell and Clarke. He also correctly pointed out that by dropping Martin O'Rourke back, it allowed Cavan to play an extra man as a sweeper at the back to double team McDonnell.

If armagh played the running game more, as McHugh correctly suggested, they would draw defenders out to meet the runner and the ball could then be hand passed to Clarke or McDonnell in space. Also Paddy McKeever and Martin O'Rourke could get forward and get more scores and frees.

McHugh's points about Armagh yesterday were 100% correct and, if they were taken on board, Armagh would be hard to stop.  Martin McHugh is a great analyst.    

screenexile

So Derry were a 'disgrace' against Donegal then? Potential favourites for Ulster who had a long lay off before playing us and were billing this as the biggest match of their... we still go on to beat them yet we are a 'disgrace'. THe man hasn't a clue!

billy the kid

Quote from: hardstation on June 16, 2008, 04:15:42 PM
Perhaps he was referring to your actions in the back streets of Letterkenny.... ;)

What has eastern european hookers got to do with Ulster football ;) ;)
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

red hander

'He has a particular hatred of Derry'

Wee Marty would appear to have one redeeming feature, then ;)

Uladh

Quote from: armawman on June 16, 2008, 04:07:03 PM
Martin McHugh's comments about Armagh yesterday were spot on. I've been watching this Armagh team since 1999 and he made very valid comments.

Armagh continually put difficult ball into Clarke and McDonnell who then have to fight for it and try and score from difficult situations. Plus they have to put so much effort into winning the ball and fighting off three or four men, it saps their energy. McHugh was making the excellent point that they should be trying to give Clarke and McDonnell easier ball to make it easier for them. This has been obvious for many years. If Armagh ran more at teams and opened up defences and laid off handy passes to McDonnell and Clarke in space, they would get more handy scores and handy frees. instead they play balls out to the corner flag to McDonnell, who then has to try to work a score.  

McHugh was simply saying Armagh should play the running game more and give handy passes to McDonnell and Clarke. He also correctly pointed out that by dropping Martin O'Rourke back, it allowed Cavan to play an extra man as a sweeper at the back to double team McDonnell.

If armagh played the running game more, as McHugh correctly suggested, they would draw defenders out to meet the runner and the ball could then be hand passed to Clarke or McDonnell in space. Also Paddy McKeever and Martin O'Rourke could get forward and get more scores and frees.

McHugh's points about Armagh yesterday were 100% correct and, if they were taken on board, Armagh would be hard to stop.  Martin McHugh is a great analyst.    

I haven't heard McHugh in some time but if he believes any of the things in that post he hasn't a clue.

haranguerer

Quote from: armawman on June 16, 2008, 04:07:03 PM

So, you've been watching Armagh for their most successful period ever, and you reckon this is where they're getting it wrong???

unforgiven

Who would you like to see replacing Burns and McHugh as analysts?  

Most high profile footballers/ex-footballers that make guest appearances either have an inability to construct a sentence or speak another language(oisin mcconville).

Only analyst I have any time for is Anthony Tohill.  Seems to be able to see what is really happening in a game and is not afraid to contradict other analysts.

Yes I Would

Tohill i like but he lost a bit of credibility on the Doherty incident!!
What about Hook and Dunphy!! No pussy footin about with them!!
Too much loyalty with former players! Understandable i suppose. Madden was good yesterday on the beeb!!

unforgiven

i respected Tohill more for the Doherty incident.  It was nothing you wouldn't see 20 times in a club match. 

Agree though, hard for an analyst to stay impartial.  Some go over the top though with their 'patriotism'.

wherefromreferee?

I see in this weeks Derry Post, Fergal P refers to Burns and McHugh as 'a presidential hopeful who couldn't actually kict the ball when he played midfield for Armagh and an all knowing mascot who still has a chip on his shoulder about Derry'

Meaow, saucer of milk for McCusker!
In your Endo!