Áth Cliath vs Iarmhí

Started by AN other, June 11, 2008, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

won't happen DSFM, i can guarantee 100% that all 3 of ryan,whelan and fennell will not start. it will definitely be 2 from 3 . collie moving back is a good bet. the wing forward slot excluding bernard for andrews is difficult to call though but it won't be one of them.

Hound

Quote from: INDIANA on June 22, 2008, 08:39:11 PM
won't happen DSFM, i can guarantee 100% that all 3 of ryan,whelan and fennell will not start. it will definitely be 2 from 3 . collie moving back is a good bet. the wing forward slot excluding bernard for andrews is difficult to call though but it won't be one of them.
There has only been one game this year where Pillar has played 6 forwards in the forwards - vs Roscommon, and that was probably because Pillar thought the Rossies would be shíte.

The last spot will either be a half back (Moran or Cullen) or a midfielder (one of the 3 mentioned above or Flynn).

Based on his performance v Meath, I'd strongly favour Flynn.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on June 22, 2008, 08:39:11 PM

Indiana - Thats just my choice - My opinion is Fennell won't start

INDIANA

you may be wrong on that i'm afraid. there are going to be a few changes  but at the moment if i was hedging my bets that isn't one of them.

DUBSFORSAM1

Will be interesting to see what happens - Think Whelan needs to be played as we will need him later in the season...

Barney

The Championship needs an epic game - that usually involves the Dubs being pushed to the pin of their collar.

I know Westmeath have had a super year to date, and have already beaten the Dubs, but I just don't see them getting close in this one. The mass defence will not be as effective in the wide spaces of Croker and I anticipate a 5/6 point win for the boys in blue who with Derry now out of Ulster seem to be a very strong bet to be playing on the third Sunday in September.

INDIANA

think you'll find armagh and a few others (wexford/westmeath) will have  a lot to say on that yet

Bensars

Quotewith Derry now out of Ulster seem to be a very strong bet to be playing on the third Sunday in September.

Agree with indiana. Theres a hell of a lot of other challengers.  With the qualifers the way it is at the minute, any team going through will have earned it , with ( most likely ) hard competitive, close games. I would go as far as to say , that come quarter final stages they may be better equiped than say a provisional winner eg. dublin, kerry and Galway who may have proceeded without getting out of   thrid gear !

INDIANA

after last saturday night any fan who takes anyone for granted is an idiot in my view, yet most dublin fans i've spoken to think we've leisnter sewn up. dangerous way of thinking.

Hound

One thing for sure: The 4 provincial champions are all going to have tough quarter-finals.

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: INDIANA on June 24, 2008, 10:00:22 AM
after last saturday night any fan who takes anyone for granted is an idiot in my view, yet most dublin fans i've spoken to think we've leisnter sewn up. dangerous way of thinking.

To be honest anyone who has watched Derry football at all in the last 5/6 years would have expected Fermanagh to win on Sat - Derry havean appalling record in the provincial championships and only really win games in teh backdoor.

INDIANA

my guess
cluxton
henry
mc connell
shocko
cahill
cullen
moran
fennell
ryan
b brogan
sherlock
flynn
a brogan
keaney
quinn

heffo

Quote from: heffo on June 20, 2008, 12:43:17 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on June 20, 2008, 12:27:26 PM
my info from my source says the opposite and there are a few other changes too . of course he could be wrong , just that he hasn't been yet. But i wouldn't drop Fennell under any circumstances but he's sayiing that Whelan will start.

You're not often wrong, but this is from a very good source who said it's 100%

Team named - Whelan not starting, Moran back to HB ahead of Casey, B Brogan in for Andrews & Flynn into half forward.

Northside Dub

Pretty good guess there Indiana ;)
Its the first time since he came into the team in 2002 that Casey has been dropped for a champo game, ive been saying it for the last few yrs that our strongest hb line was colie-cullen-cahill.
Im delighted that fennell has held onto his place ahead of whelo, if its not going right for him its not a bad sub to be able to bring on 8)
Good strong bench too with Griffin, Casey, Nolan, Whelan, Connolly, Vaughan, and Andrews all pushing to be first sub in!!!
"Practice does not make perfect. Only perfect practice makes perfect."

Hound

Fennell must be going better than Whelan in training.

Good to see he's made a decision re dropping one of his half backs. Cullen's a lucky man to escape the chop after his non-performance the last day (and most of the last 12 months), but hopefully he can repay that with a good game.

Glad to see Flynn get his chance. I suppose with both Flynn and Ryan providing the engine around the middle it does provide the perfect environment for Fennell to be a catcher and giver.