Áth Cliath vs Iarmhí

Started by AN other, June 11, 2008, 12:48:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

INDIANA

Thats not the issue Heffo. The issue is Sunday Game pundits issuing a carte blanche to their own counties and slaughtering other counties in their analysis of these incidents. Tohill said intent was irrelevent in the Moran case the action was all that counted, yet in the Fegal Doherty incident he stated that intent was important. Spillane ensured "due process" was used in the Galvin incident but ensured that both Reilly and moran were slaughtered for other incidents. Confused? I know i am. I don't pay my TV Licence for such blatant bias. That incident wouldn't have been revisited only for the kangaroo court on the Sunday Game.
If the Gaa want to revisit incidents of their own accord that is absolutely fine. But let them do it and not have these clowns do it for them.

heffo

I agree 100%, but regardless of the blatant bias shown by the pundits (not forgetting Mr Davis last summer and O'Learys off the ball punch on Geraghty) - the Doherty incident was revisited and Galvin was dealt with appropriately.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on July 02, 2008, 07:46:53 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 01, 2008, 03:17:02 PM
Haven't seen the replay of the Glennon incident but from accounts on here he was reacting to trash talk from Moran (who shouldn't even have been on the field). Haven't had time to watch a full replay yet but carbon copies of incidents that were awarded as frees to Dublin were not awarded down the other end. The one baffling decision that Westmeath did get (Henry & Glennon watching ball drift over endline) was preceded by a blatant foul. Haven't seen them stats but those defenders are well versed in the tackle and know how to execute it, maybe we need to be more cynical.

Thats absolute bull about frees awarded to Dublin that werent awarded down the other end! Dolan and Glennon went down at the slightest touch, though at least Glennon didnt lie around feigning injury on a number of occassions like Dessie. Interesting that Dessie accounted for 6 of Westmeath's 12 wides.

Jaysus Hound, I had u down as one of the more measured Dubs on here and then u come out with that :o Dolan and Glennon went down at the slightest touch  :D The only times I can remember Glennon on the ground was when McConnell tried to take the shirt off his back and when McConnell and Henry came completely through the back of him. As for Dessie, well Jayo took him completely out of it in the first half and then tried to drag him to his feet  >:( Went in with the knee and Dessie was lucky that didn't result in a dead leg (O'Donoghue and Harte were also on the receiving end of these "tackles"). Another time Casey just pushed him straight over the sideline and he took the opportunity to take a breather, shouldn't be a big surprise considering the amount of work he does. Not to mention the time Casey clipped his heels, Dessie tried to play the ball away on the ground and had a free awarded against him  :o

Would u care to comment on the three incidents involving Keaney? For a while I thought there was a sniper on the roof...

The Moran "mouthing off incident" was absolutely nothing. Saw it again last night. Glennon was awarded a free, and started mouthing at Henry. Moran then came in and started mouthing and Glennon, and Glennon gave him lip back. There were a couple of incidents of bad sportsmanship by both teams, but there was nothing in that one.

Saw it last night myself, Henry came through the back of Glennon who tried to take a quick free kick. Like happens in 99% of these situations they had a bit of a go at each other, the ball was moved forward and Moran comes rushing in to add his tuppence worth. I thought "mouthing off" got a yellow this year  ???

Saw a replay of the Moran incident. It was unfortunate really. Pure freak that an injury resulted. There was no hint of an elbow, but it was a decent hit with the shoulder and Bannon was in process of losing his footing so was coming in very low. There was no malice or intent to injure, so I think a red card would have been very harsh, but given the injury and the pressure put on by the media, the ref was bound to crumble and change it to a red, as he has done.

Eh Bannon was stumbling for a good while, he had his head at the same height for at least 2 metres. I have absolutely no idea how you can say it was a decent hit with the shoulder when it made contact with the neck area and I think you'll find that the collar bone is one of the weaker bones in the body and is the very reason why frontal charges, high challenges aren't allowed. Whether there was malice or intent to injure or not it was an extremely reckless and dangerous challenge and has probably put the lad out for the summer. More a red than a yellow and was certainly worse than Kevin Reillys who got a respective 4 week ban. To show consistency the GAA had to deal with this incident and rightly so.

Saw the match on Setanta last night, crystallises what posters were saying about Dublin getting soft frees in the first half. Best to leave it there and move on. Tip to Tipp to think about now, rumours that Duffy may be out after having an ankle operation on Monday on hoganstand, may explain his poor distribution...

Regarding the kangaroo court on the Sunday Game, laughable alright that they sit on the fence one week and not the next but whether they do or not it doesn't seem to have any influence on the CCCC. It would be nice to know thought who makes the decisions to revisit these incidents, is it Nicky at home on a Sunday evening or do the CCCC have to watch every minute of every televised game in a room in Croker???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Hound

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 02, 2008, 11:48:58 AM
The only times I can remember Glennon on the ground was when McConnell tried to take the shirt off his back and when McConnell and Henry came completely through the back of him. As for Dessie, well Jayo took him completely out of it in the first half and then tried to drag him to his feet 
Hillarious  ;D

I'm sure even Dessie was embarrased looking back at the Sherlock incident. Phenomenal recovery powers as soon as the yellow was issued  ::)

But indeed, perhaps its time to move on and think about Tipp.

his holiness nb

Dissapointed to see this has turned into the usual nit picking over every little incident and blaming of the ref over every decision.
Dublin won, just, and deserved to win, just.

Lets draw a line in the sand and look forward to the next games for both countries.

I must say though, its a long while since i've seen a defense as impresive as Westmeaths.
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Hound on July 02, 2008, 12:19:03 PMI'm sure even Dessie was embarrased looking back at the Sherlock incident. Phenomenal recovery powers as soon as the yellow was issued  ::)

So he was lying around on the ground to ensure a yellow was issued, even though Jayo it was plain as day he used his knee to upend him. And as soon as he saw the yellow he was up and about like a spring chicken  ::) If that's the case then lying around on the ground didn't ensure justice for Bannon  ::) Notice no comment on Keaney, now that was embarrasing  :-[ Hopefully we get our lads back from injury and get through the qualifiers, would love another crack at yous...

his holiness nb

Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 02, 2008, 01:40:09 PM
Hopefully we get our lads back from injury and get through the qualifiers, would love another crack at yous...

Croí, the Kevin Keegan of Gaaboard!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: his holiness nb on July 03, 2008, 11:00:00 AM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 02, 2008, 01:40:09 PM
Hopefully we get our lads back from injury and get through the qualifiers, would love another crack at yous...

Croí, the Kevin Keegan of Gaaboard!  ;)

WUD LUV IT!!!  :D