Gay men urged to out DUP members

Started by Main Street, June 10, 2008, 03:30:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Main Street

Could be an  interesting campaign, a few names might provide some alternative perverse pleasure.

How does a gay man 'out a member'?

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2008/jun/09/northernireland.northernireland

David Allison, a spokesperson for OutRage!, condemned the DUP for its "Bible-belt politics" when it came to gay issues.
"We have always supported the protection of people's privacy who lead a double life, where they are gay but maybe still have a family. However in circumstances where you are a member of a political party which openly espouses homophobia than we think it is entirely justifiable that members of that party be outed.

"That is certainly so with the DUP. It's already happened to them before and they still have learned no lessons," he said.
Allison was referring to a scandal that rocked the DUP three years ago when one of its rising stars, Paul Berry, was accused of having had gay sex with a male masseur at a Belfast hotel.
Berry always denied he had had sex and claimed he was looking for a sports massage.

"Save Ulster from Sodomy"

T Fearon

So who would you suspect amid the DUP of being a closet Rock Hudson?

Also isn't it a tad ironic that unionism has had many Gay icons at a senior level (eg Paul Berry, Jim Kilfedder, Stephen King to name but three) whilst northern nationalism has had none, to the best of my knowledge. I suppose we're all to macho on this side of the house for that sort of thing ;D

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: T Fearon on June 10, 2008, 04:27:58 PM

Also isn't it a tad ironic that unionism has had many Gay icons at a senior level (eg Paul Berry, Jim Kilfedder, Stephen King to name but three) whilst northern nationalism has had none, to the best of my knowledge. I suppose we're all to macho on this side of the house for that sort of thing ;D

Babs DeB
Tbc....

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Solomon Kane

Sir Roger Casement? ;)

his holiness nb

Yes Sir Roger liked a Roger every now and then.

Dont see what difference it makes, still a hero.
Ask me holy bollix

armaghniac

Rather than "outing" DUP members, surely they should try and cure them?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

TacadoirArdMhacha

Wasn't there a Unionist MP (Kilfedder of the UPUP I think) a few years back who died of a heart attack a few days after a Gay group threatened to out gay politicians who were in the closet?

EDIT - it was Kilfedder and the same gay group were involved. More info at-

http://www.ark.ac.uk/elections/fnd95.htm
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Donagh

Then there is James Molyneaux, leader of the UUP for 16 years and his protege, wee Jeffery now with the DUP. Don't know if wee Jeffery is gay or just very effeminate. Maybe he's been 'cured'?

MW

A closet Rock Hudson?

the colonel

although not an MP but didnt johnny adair like to swing both ways?
the difference between success and failure is energy

ziggysego

I seem to remember something about David Trimble's brother being a transexual also.
Testing Accessibility

Fishbat

And so they should - these bible bashers should not be allowed to get away with their bitter hypocracy - they have some neck to protest at Gay Nightclubs or lap dancing clubs and condemn others whilst touching their toes in belfast hotels......whilst married......with kids.

No born again Christian tossers in government

Goats Do Shave

Quote from: Fishbat on June 10, 2008, 10:42:48 PM
No born again Christian tossers in government

That has a nice ring to it... set up one of those online petition's...

(You might have to word it a bit different!  :P )

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: ziggysego on June 10, 2008, 09:29:52 PM
I seem to remember something about David Trimble's brother being a transexual also.

Sure  I heard the bould Dave could be outed as well.
Tbc....