Big Brother 9...

Started by girt_giggler, June 05, 2008, 03:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

girt_giggler

....starts tonight.  It's crap but I like alot of people will end up watching it anyway for the next whatever number of weeks.  Davina is a major plus point however...

Read in some newspaper the other day that there's a woman from Norn Iron on it & mean to be a looker! 

Zulu

Can't understand how any remotely intelligent individual could watch this shit for anything more than 2-3 minutes without questioning the direction they are taking their lives in.

Minder

Quote from: Zulu on June 05, 2008, 03:38:58 PM
Can't understand how any remotely intelligent individual could watch this shit for anything more than 2-3 minutes without questioning the direction they are taking their lives in.

I will second that Zulu.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

whiskeysteve

Quote from: girt_giggler on June 05, 2008, 03:05:47 PM
....starts tonight.  It's crap but I like alot of people will end up watching it anyway for the next whatever number of weeks.  Davina is a major plus point however...

Read in some newspaper the other day that there's a woman from Norn Iron on it & mean to be a looker! 

davina is brute.

I third what the others say. Awful boring crap altogether
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Orior

I think I'll tune in. Up Tyrone!
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

his holiness nb

::)

I honestly think its an interesting experiment. Yeah they come on at first trying to be "famous" but after a few weeks some do genuinely crack. I thinks its extremely interesting to see how the razzmatize side of their personalities we will see at the grand entrance tonight will be unravelled.

Zulu, nevermind remotely intelligent, I'm sure theres lots of people far more intelligent than yourself tuning in.

Dont be so judgemental. Its my experience that people who are quick to judge peoples intelligence over their viewing choices, arent the most enlightened themselves.

Ask me holy bollix

Smokin Joe

It's one of the best betting mediums of the year.  It lasts for 2 or 3 months and there is always an overreaction to the "normal" people at the start as they go into early favourites.
It's all about trying to spot the early outsider who will be thrust into the spotlight.

For example, after the Shilpa Shetty / Jade incident last year, it didn't take a brain surgeon to guess that Endemol would quite like to push a black winner.  The edits that Brian received last year clearly showed that he was the producers' chosen one.
It's all about getting the like of him at a good price before the general public picks up on them.

full back

Quote from: girt_giggler on June 05, 2008, 03:05:47 PM
Davina is a major plus point however...

Cant stand the woman and she is far from a plus point IMHO

screenexile

We are now live in the Big Brother house so please don't say f**k or Bugger!

his holiness nb

Quote from: screenexile on June 05, 2008, 04:46:42 PM
We are now live in the Big Brother house so please don't say f**k or Bugger!

Or gee
Ask me holy bollix

hitzelsperger

Davina is foxy as fcuk and would definately get the sally rod!

Zulu

QuoteI honestly think its an interesting experiment. Yeah they come on at first trying to be "famous" but after a few weeks some do genuinely crack. I thinks its extremely interesting to see how the razzmatize side of their personalities we will see at the grand entrance tonight will be unravelled.

Give me a break hhnb, an experiment, it is anything but. It is a money making programme that plays on the lowest common denominator. Not only that but anytime I have seen any of it, all it was was a bunch of people standing (or sitting) around talking about nothing. And if anyone seemed to be about to say something remotely interesting this 'bird' sound kicked in. If the first one or two series were 'social experiments' it is now just about getting in the most out-there characters that will end up fighting or having sex at the drop of a hat.
                                        While I wouldn't regard myself as above average intelligence I draw the line at this type of manipulative, entertainmentless drivil.

Our Nail Loney

Come on lads, put the tongues away, Davina is well past it.

I'll try not to but i will end up watching, what's the harm? Just a bitta craic, and I bet some of you will end up watching as well.

ONeill

Apparently Ziggy is in it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

pintsofguinness

I think I'll tune in to see what it's like, didn't like the last couple - pure shite but the first few years was good. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?