Great Championship Comebacks

Started by Barney, June 03, 2008, 11:34:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Sheehy

QuoteBut was that the correct analysis ?

Yes. Ulster sides have a completely unfair advantage.

orangeman

SO WHERE DOES THIS ONE FIT IN ?????

cadhlancian

Lads, very suprised to not see the Tyrone vs Derry 95 game on here, Tyrone 2 or 3 points down going in at hal time, and down to 13 men, against one of the best teams in the country at that time :o

feetofflames

Orangeman this was a freak result.  The comeback wasnt being persued by Cork, it happened in spite of them. 
Chief Wiggum

orangeman

Quote from: feetofflames on August 25, 2008, 04:11:30 PM
Orangeman this was a freak result.  The comeback wasnt being persued by Cork, it happened in spite of them. 

Still came back from 8 points down with a few munutes to go in an All Ireland semi final - it was double champions Kerry who were ahead at the time - might have been a freak but it was some comeback ! Sure the Kerry fans had even left as well to avoid the traffic !

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: cadhlancian on August 25, 2008, 04:05:55 PM
Lads, very suprised to not see the Tyrone vs Derry 95 game on here, Tyrone 2 or 3 points down going in at hal time, and down to 13 men, against one of the best teams in the country at that time :o

you left out a very important piece of info...Derry had 14 players

cadhlancian

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on August 25, 2008, 04:42:38 PM
Quote from: cadhlancian on August 25, 2008, 04:05:55 PM

you left out a very important piece of info...Derry had 14 players
actually, tyrone went in at HT with 13........derry had 15!, derryman sent off later in the game

Our Nail Loney

I know it wasn't championship, it was the league but I am just going to give myself a mention for the way I camer back from the dead to beat corn02 in the spreads, thus winning our side bet...

I went in to the last week the rank outsider, nobody gave me a hope, but then I pulled it out the fire and got all my picks, including ym two bonii right to beat him by a point!!

If only I had done my picks the one and a half weeks I missed... But this was there was more drama!