Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: youngfella on March 20, 2009, 01:07:10 AM
I was in oneills over in liverpool, the place starting serving at 9 in the morning. by 10 when I arrived there was a queue to get in! not one bit of trouble all day or night!

The presence of the riot police looked to be overkill and as lads have said drew in crowd. A uniformed police presence may have worked better.
However if that was my car smashed up I'd be absolutely ripping, what a bollock of an insurance form that'll be to fill in.
The fella giving the finger to the camera should be made example off and placed in stocks and flogged, as the eejit throwing stuff at the cops.

But the trouble at paddys day is a results of our binge drinking culture, fellas getting drunk for getting drunksake. Getting drunk to forget

I was there 2 years ago....Was bunged by 8.30 in the morning and not a bit of trouble all day long!!

Think i was drunk then sober then drunk again about 3 times that day!!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

armagh leg-end

where was the car burnt out?
Ard Mhacha Abu

supersub

TacadoirArdMhacha

There was no car burnt out.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

youngfella

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on March 20, 2009, 06:44:47 PM
Quote from: youngfella on March 20, 2009, 01:07:10 AM
I was in oneills over in liverpool, the place starting serving at 9 in the morning. by 10 when I arrived there was a queue to get in! not one bit of trouble all day or night!

The presence of the riot police looked to be overkill and as lads have said drew in crowd. A uniformed police presence may have worked better.
However if that was my car smashed up I'd be absolutely ripping, what a bollock of an insurance form that'll be to fill in.
The fella giving the finger to the camera should be made example off and placed in stocks and flogged, as the eejit throwing stuff at the cops.

But the trouble at paddys day is a results of our binge drinking culture, fellas getting drunk for getting drunksake. Getting drunk to forget

I was there 2 years ago....Was bunged by 8.30 in the morning and not a bit of trouble all day long!!

Think i was drunk then sober then drunk again about 3 times that day!!

Prob ran into ya there then. Unreal craic, savage spot :D
Pull hard and early

mountainboii

supersub

Donagh

I passed that Clio as it was getting toed away - definitely wasn't burnt out, though there could have been another burnt.

armagh leg-end

Quote from: Donagh on March 21, 2009, 03:14:29 PM
I passed that Clio as it was getting toed away - definitely wasn't burnt out, though there could have been another burnt.

was thinking that because i was in carmel street and the clio wasnt burnt out! never even seen any burnt out cars or fire brigade around the holylands all day!
Ard Mhacha Abu

stiffler

Quote from: armagh leg-end on March 21, 2009, 05:26:54 PM
Quote from: Donagh on March 21, 2009, 03:14:29 PM

was thinking that because i was in carmel street and the clio wasnt burnt out! never even seen any burnt out cars or fire brigade around the holylands all day!

Heard reports that the seats where on fire, but was put out before the whole thing was burnt out
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

firstsub

Quote from: AFS on March 21, 2009, 02:07:54 AM
http://holylandswarzone.blogspot.com/2009/03/aftermath-part-one.html

That man has serious issues. After lamenting the loss of the non sectarian, pro working class holyland area, he goes on to blame the taigs. Good man yourself.

Donagh

Was talking to a relation of one of those charged and he said that the young lad was denied access to the toilet all night while he was being interviewed with inevitable results. Standard operating procedure when dealing with suspected subsersives, and I'm sure the 17 year old in Antrim is going through a lot worse, but surely a bit over the top dealing with such minor offences.

Windmill abu

While reading the posts of the "Tyrone to Gaza" thread over the past few weeks I have come to believe that the board has become more mature in its non gaa opinions. But having read this thread it is obvious that if you give a laptop to a student they will use this medium to try and justify their disguting behaviour in the holylands. I think that most of the people who took part in the obscene events on st patricks day would be ashamed to have their parents watch them participating. (Presuming they know who their parents are)
Never underestimate the power of complaining

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Donagh on March 21, 2009, 10:39:49 PM
Was talking to a relation of one of those charged and he said that the young lad was denied access to the toilet all night while he was being interviewed with inevitable results. Standard operating procedure when dealing with suspected subsersives, and I'm sure the 17 year old in Antrim is going through a lot worse, but surely a bit over the top dealing with such minor offences.
The peelers have already set out their stall that they are going to make examples of anyone involved. Fair play I say. A few boys ruining their future career prospects might start ringing alarm bells for the other morons at this behaviour every week of the year.

Windmill abu

Why have we not heard a response from the relatives of those identified in the press who are charged with public disorder offences on st patricks day?

Are they proud of their poor parenting skills or are they too ashamed of their progeny to be identified as "Mammy & Daddy of the animals" As long as they get a degree who cares that they have made other peoples lives a misery for 4 or more years.
Never underestimate the power of complaining