Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guillem2

Quote from: stiffler on March 19, 2009, 08:57:19 PM
Maybe queens should take the inititative and organise open air concert on st paddys day ?(with security provided)
better the devil you know.

I like your thinking Stiffler. Carrot and stick. Ban drinking in the Holy Land and herd them all into Batonic Gardens. It might work lad.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

ziggysego

Didn't Queen's organise something for this St. Patrick's?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

I used to enjoy the ceilis. Used to be a man that toured the ceilis in Tyrone. Sweaty Dessie was his name. Man, he loved to dance.
Testing Accessibility

Donagh

Quote from: ziggysego on March 19, 2009, 10:13:04 PM
I used to enjoy the ceilis. Used to be a man that toured the ceilis in Tyrone. Sweaty Dessie was his name. Man, he loved to dance.

You sure it wasn't Davey?

ziggysego

I think he was from Castlederg. Not sure.

Nearly sure it was Dessie.
Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Quote from: Guillem2 on March 19, 2009, 09:57:43 PM

I like your thinking Stiffler. Carrot and stick. Ban drinking in the Holy Land and herd them all into Batonic Gardens. It might work lad.

Batonic gardens - riot police - very droll.

youngfella

I was in oneills over in liverpool, the place starting serving at 9 in the morning. by 10 when I arrived there was a queue to get in! not one bit of trouble all day or night!

The presence of the riot police looked to be overkill and as lads have said drew in crowd. A uniformed police presence may have worked better.
However if that was my car smashed up I'd be absolutely ripping, what a bollock of an insurance form that'll be to fill in.
The fella giving the finger to the camera should be made example off and placed in stocks and flogged, as the eejit throwing stuff at the cops.

But the trouble at paddys day is a results of our binge drinking culture, fellas getting drunk for getting drunksake. Getting drunk to forget
Pull hard and early

YogiBear

I see in the Gaelic Life this morning the main headline is that the GAA should take action against holyland thugs WTF. Are they now looking to suspend people from GAA for shouting at RUC/PSNI in holylands absolute bullshit sure while we are at it we should be getting Celtic football club to take action as well.  Actually liked getting Gaelic Life on a Friday will seriously consider buying it again carrying headlines like that its supposed to be a sports paper bullshit

T O Hare

Quote from: YogiBear on March 20, 2009, 09:41:22 AM
I see in the Gaelic Life this morning the main headline is that the GAA should take action against holyland thugs WTF. Are they now looking to suspend people from GAA for shouting at RUC/PSNI in holylands absolute bullshit sure while we are at it we should be getting Celtic football club to take action as well.  Actually liked getting Gaelic Life on a Friday will seriously consider buying it again carrying headlines like that its supposed to be a sports paper bullshit

i thought it was a wee bit stupid for the GL to have it on their front page??????? :o
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

amallon

T O'Hare were you up in the Holylands on Paddy's day?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

T O Hare

No i wasn't,and i wouldn't partke is any loutish behaviour as you well know ;)
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

Maguire01

Whilst it's not the GAA's responsibility, there were numerous GAA tops evident in the pictures broadcast and published. This doesn't do the GAA any favours (and is used as a stick to beat the GAA in certain sections of the media).

It might just be in the interest of clubs to have a quiet word with some of the offending people and make them aware of the consequences of their actions and the impact of this on the GAA. Scroll up this thread and see reference to a club jersey - no club wants that publicity. I don't think it should be about suspending people from the GAA, but maybe a few words from their club back home may make them think twice - indeed their club may have more influence over them than anything the University might do.

SidelineKick

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 20, 2009, 12:40:18 PM
It might just be in the interest of clubs to have a quiet word with some of the offending people and make them aware of the consequences of their actions and the impact of this on the GAA. Scroll up this thread and see reference to a club jersey - no club wants that publicity. I don't think it should be about suspending people from the GAA, but maybe a few words from their club back home may make them think twice - indeed their club may have more influence over them than anything the University might do.

You're right there, it was my club and the fella wearing it is certainly not from there.  Fuckin tool he is anyway.  Looked awful bad because alot of people have said to me "did you see the Loup jersey on the news?" and to make matters worse alot of these people didn't know he wasn't from there. Wee w**ker.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

longrunsthefox

Anyone wearing a club jersey should wear it as an ambassador for the club and told that. County jerseys are often fashion symbols now like Man U and all that crap worn by people who may have no affinity to that county.     

tyrone86

I'd take anything coming from the mouth of Alastair McDonnell with a pinch of salt. I'd suggest he'd be better off commenting on the overcrowding in the holylands, and the way that many, many landlords treat the student population as a cash cow