Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

QuoteThen the person who your mate kept awake goes and smashes your window and lets down your car tyre, admits it and then threatens to do more gets away scot free. Totally innocent because nobody seen it. He is then able to walk past you winking and laughing knowing that he is as safe from prosecution as a super grass.
He might sound like a sc**bag but if someone was keeping me up every night acting the dick outside on the street I'd be tempted to do the same.

Why the need to sit on a wall talking at that time in the morning?

One of your pals is drunk and starts shouting roaring which keeps some people up. The police are called and you are the one who gets in sh it with the cops even though you didn't do anything.
I'd shut my mate up long before the police got there.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

rolloutking

QuoteHe might sound like a sc**bag but if someone was keeping me up every night acting the dick outside on the street I'd be tempted to do the same.

Did I say it was every night?

QuoteWhy the need to sit on a wall talking at that time in the morning?

Making sure that nothing was going to happen my car which was parked near a crowd of people squaring up to each other.

Yeh I suppose i shouldn't have been doing that either  ::)

supersub

Quote from: rolloutking on September 26, 2008, 11:44:19 PM
QuoteYou shoulda battered your idoit mates head in with the hurl instead.

What the fk was he doing with a megaphone anyway?

We acquired it for freshers week. It was good craic during the day shouting at people but last night all we wanted to do was sleep. We didn't even go out because we were dying from the previous 9 days of intoxication and had class today

I no it was out of order but my point was that the policeman didnt even see the guy shouting through it and still takes my name and reports me to my Uni. I was just sitting on the wall because there was no point sitting in bed with the noise. Anyway it's not like shouting through a megaphone is a crime?

However the resident who caused criminal damage on more than one occasion, which he admitted and then made further intimidating threats, gets away scot free. We ask for something to be done and the reply from the police is that there is no proof.

I said there's no proof my mate was shouting through the megaphone and there's definitely none that I was shouting through it because my throat was red raw from the cheap vodka the day before, so even if i wanted to shout i couldn't

It seems there's one rule for the residents and one rule for the students.

PSNI....aye right

i agree whats the deal with gettin on all the students backs like its not as if everyone who lives in the holylands is an absolute tr**p like. i have a feelin there are people here posting who are making rash generalisations not having even been near the place. they are just goin on hearsay. yes a lot of students do make noise and are disruptive, but if there are 5,000 living there, of which i am one, i can guarantee that there are well less than a quarter who would be anywhere near abusive. so just lay off the generalisations because not everyone living in the holylands is a disgrace or whatever you's want to call us/them!

Tony Baloney

Quote from: supersub on September 27, 2008, 01:25:56 AM

We acquired it for freshers week. It was good craic during the day shouting at people but last night all we wanted to do was sleep. We didn't even go out because we were dying from the previous 9 days of intoxication and had class today

I no it was out of order but my point was that the policeman didnt even see the guy shouting through it and still takes my name and reports me to my Uni. I was just sitting on the wall because there was no point sitting in bed with the noise. Anyway it's not like shouting through a megaphone is a crime?

However the resident who caused criminal damage on more than one occasion, which he admitted and then made further intimidating threats, gets away scot free. We ask for something to be done and the reply from the police is that there is no proof.

I said there's no proof my mate was shouting through the megaphone and there's definitely none that I was shouting through it because my throat was red raw from the cheap vodka the day before, so even if i wanted to shout i couldn't

PSNI....aye right

i agree whats the deal with gettin on all the students backs like its not as if everyone who lives in the holylands is an absolute tr**p like. i have a feelin there are people here posting who are making rash generalisations not having even been near the place. they are just goin on hearsay. yes a lot of students do make noise and are disruptive, but if there are 5,000 living there, of which i am one, i can guarantee that there are well less than a quarter who would be anywhere near abusive. so just lay off the generalisations because not everyone living in the holylands is a disgrace or whatever you's want to call us/them!
So no more than 1250 people are disruptive in your estimation? Sure that's nothing, why didn't you say earlier?! I do believe that is another case closed.

And Jesus wept.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Iceman on September 26, 2008, 02:12:54 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on September 25, 2008, 08:47:18 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on September 25, 2008, 08:42:50 PM
what point am I missing? You are trying to make people see this from the residents perspective
I disagree

What do you disagree with? The idea of seeing things from the other side?

I just wanted to make you take what you were saying about the residents and imagine if it was your parents blah blah blah and see it from the students side and imagine it was your parents blah blah blah

Very mature. Well done. Of course your perspective is the only valid one.

Maguire01

Quote from: The Iceman on September 26, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
My final point on it is that the locals choose to be locals

There is no excuse for violence - that's black and white. But you obviously don't understand that locals can just 'up sticks and leave'. I'll copy and paste again:

QuoteI'd guess that very few of the locals who live there own their own houses, therefore selling up and moving out is not an option. Many live in housing association stock. If they leave, they will be classed as voluntarily homeless and will not qualify for the NIHE waiting list.
Students on the other hand use the area as a base for 30 weeks of the year and generally don't care what happens there. On the other hand, if they choose to 'live' there, knowing how things are, they can't complain that they don't like the residents!

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2008, 10:09:16 AM

PSNI....aye right

So no more than 1250 people are disruptive in your estimation? Sure that's nothing, why didn't you say earlier?! I do believe that is another case closed.

And Jesus wept.

Still doesnt mean you tar everyone with the same brush....There are wankers on both sides i;m sure....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Maguire01

Quote from: rolloutking on September 26, 2008, 11:17:00 PM
Then just last night there was a guy up from home for the night out and he was staying in our house. He was going about shouting with a megaphone and to be fair it was far too loud and we told him to turn it off cos we wanted some sleep as well.

Speaks volumes. No pun intended.

pintsofguinness

Quote from: rolloutking on September 27, 2008, 12:34:53 AM
QuoteHe might sound like a sc**bag but if someone was keeping me up every night acting the dick outside on the street I'd be tempted to do the same.

Did I say it was every night?

QuoteWhy the need to sit on a wall talking at that time in the morning?

Making sure that nothing was going to happen my car which was parked near a crowd of people squaring up to each other.

Yeh I suppose i shouldn't have been doing that either  ::)

Strange you didn't mention that in the first post.
Look I'm not having a go and I don't think all the students are tramps but you wouldn't sit on your wall at home talking on a saturday night and I'm sure you wouldn't let your mate run around wakening all the neighbours so why do it in Belfast?

At least you have the sense to see he was being a tit - it's the people who think breaking windows, kicking doors in or wrecking the house you're staying in is great craic that are the pricks.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

supersub

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2008, 10:09:16 AM

PSNI....aye right

And Jesus wept.
Alright bigshot, lets not get carried away with yourself here. 'another case closed' wud u ever catch a grip, who do u think u are. And i never said it wasnt a big amount did i. My point was that nowhere near everyone who lives there cause trouble. Because thats what a lot of posters were sayin!

Tony Baloney

Look I don't think anyone believes all the students are at it. However some people on here think it is acceptable behaviour because a few locals are dodgy. There are dodgy people everywhere.

People need to ask themselves how they would react if a few thousand travellers descended on their town or village in armagh, tyrone or wherever and behaved the same way a large proportion of the students in the Holylands behave. I'll tell you it wouldn't last too many nights before "the locals" were taking matters into their own hands. Why should the locals of the Holylands accept it if you or your family wouldn't accept it if the shoe was on the other foot?

corn02

Quote from: Tony Baloney on September 27, 2008, 12:39:12 PM
Look I don't think anyone believes all the students are at it. However some people on here think it is acceptable behaviour because a few locals are dodgy. There are dodgy people everywhere.

People need to ask themselves how they would react if a few thousand travellers descended on their town or village in armagh, tyrone or wherever and behaved the same way a large proportion of the students in the Holylands behave. I'll tell you it wouldn't last too many nights before "the locals" were taking matters into their own hands. Why should the locals of the Holylands accept it if you or your family wouldn't accept it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Quite a decnet post there Tony. A herd of travellers have decided to land on my doorstep in recent weeks and they are up to no good.

rolloutking

QuoteStrange you didn't mention that in the first post.
Look I'm not having a go and I don't think all the students are tramps but you wouldn't sit on your wall at home talking on a saturday night and I'm sure you wouldn't let your mate run around wakening all the neighbours so why do it in Belfast?

Because I wanted to see if you would all jump to conclusions and assume that I was wrecking about and up to no good because I was sitting on my wall outside without any specific purpose and you lot sure did add 2+2 and get a big whopping 5

QuoteWhy should the locals of the Holylands accept it if you or your family wouldn't accept it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Jesus you ones are full of craic. I bet on a night out ye are the ones sitting quietly in the corner watching everything and then telling stories the next day.

Maguire01

Quote from: rolloutking on September 27, 2008, 07:10:06 PM
QuoteWhy should the locals of the Holylands accept it if you or your family wouldn't accept it if the shoe was on the other foot?

Jesus you ones are full of craic. I bet on a night out ye are the ones sitting quietly in the corner watching everything and then telling stories the next day.

Yes, you clearly know how to have a good time. Has third level education really been dumbed down this much?

rolloutking

No it hasn't

C'mon then tell us how you have a good time as your such the wise old man