Belfast Students

Started by Maguire01, June 02, 2008, 06:50:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rolling stone

Lived in holylands myself, some of the residents were the biggest assholes ever..one once chased us with he dog! due to one south armagh slabber

Mad a comeback myself this week, would do anything to be back there :)

The Iceman

a good mate of mine and his friend and their two girlfriends were in belfast for new years eve walking from one party to another
in the holylands some local young lads (about 15/16 yrs old) fired some stones at them.  At first they let it go.  Then a couple of the stones broke a car window close by and got a bit close for comfort - so leaving their girlfriends my mate and his mate gave chase.  They got to Carmel street and a squad of lads (all in their mid teens) came out of a garden and ambushed them.  Both were beaten badly and the other lad had a breeze block dropped on his head and lost an eye.

I am not saying all the locals are scumbags - they are a lot of good people living in the holylands - there are also a lot of unsavory characters living in the holylands and they are not all from tyrone.

My final point on it is that the locals choose to be locals
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: The Iceman on September 26, 2008, 07:29:08 PM
a good mate of mine and his friend and their two girlfriends were in belfast for new years eve walking from one party to another
in the holylands some local young lads (about 15/16 yrs old) fired some stones at them.  At first they let it go.  Then a couple of the stones broke a car window close by and got a bit close for comfort - so leaving their girlfriends my mate and his mate gave chase.  They got to Carmel street and a squad of lads (all in their mid teens) came out of a garden and ambushed them.  Both were beaten badly and the other lad had a breeze block dropped on his head and lost an eye.

I am not saying all the locals are scumbags - they are a lot of good people living in the holylands - there are also a lot of unsavory characters living in the holylands and they are not all from tyrone.

Holy f**k  :o

sc**bag f**kers...

Tony Baloney

Quote from: The Iceman on September 26, 2008, 07:29:08 PM

You could tell that story about any town or city in ireland. Teenage thugs live in the Holylands - I must say that is a shocker! Maybe you should have an all night party, pish in their letterbox, run over the top of their cars, rip their wipers and wing mirrors off, leave rubbish strewn about the place, play hurling at 2am (how original! I didn't think anyone in Tyrone knew what a caman was) and then run back to your mammy at the weekend. That'll fix the locals. Who are called locals because they have lived there for generations. The students were inflicted on them not the other way about.

rolloutking

Back in the Holylands for 2nd year and already I can see that most of residents are still a bunch o spides

Theres 3 residents in my street and I have the misfortune of having 2 on either side of me.

The other one lives up the street. We get on grand with the two on either side of us and if we ever make too much noise the wee woman beside us just asks us to quieten down. Give her a wee vodka and shes happy as larry. One of the boys even got her messages for her from Spar the other day. The ones on the other side are 'foreign nationals' and they just say hello every once in a while.

The boy up the street is a complete w ank tho. Last weekend he smashed the front window and let down the car tyre of the girls across the street from us. Then on Monday he was walking past and says 'Here girls do you like your party's?' They replied 'aye sometimes' to which he says 'Well if theres any more I'll smash all your fukcn windies aaight'

Then when you tell the wardens aka the plastic police all they can say is wheres your proof. Like is the whole in the window not a big hint.

Then just last night there was a guy up from home for the night out and he was staying in our house. He was going about shouting with a megaphone and to be fair it was far too loud and we told him to turn it off cos we wanted some sleep as well.

Anyway me and my house mate were sitting on the wall outside and 2 cops came walking down the street. The lad with the megaphone ran inside but we stayed there because we weren't doing anything wrong. One of the cops comes over and starts trying to act the hard man and thinking he's above us saying things like 'What's your name, I'm asking you a question, Answer me'

We were sitting there saying 'Sure we just talking here, The boy with the megaphone doesn't even live here' to which he puts his finger on his lip like a mini-Hitler school teacher and says 'Quiet, I'm talking.'

He then forced us to show out students ID's and is reporting us to our University's and we never even done anything. To be honest I wanted to go after him with a Hurl and batter his skull in.

However the real sickener of the story is that it was the resident who broke the girls window and let down there tyres that reported us for the megaphone

under the bar

Anyone know who the undesirables in Jerusalem Street are?  They're at the bottom on the junction with Agincourt.  Was there mthis eveing and there was about 5 fellas sitting out the front with their kids f*cking off girls walking past muhc to the adults amusement.  Pure tramps look like they've been run out of somewhere

Arthur_Friend

You shoulda battered your idoit mates head in with the hurl instead.

What the fk was he doing with a megaphone anyway?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: rolloutking on September 26, 2008, 11:17:00 PM
Back in the Holylands for 2nd year and already I can see that most of residents are still a bunch o spides

Theres 3 residents in my street and I have the misfortune of having 2 on either side of me.

The other one lives up the street. We get on grand with the two on either side of us and if we ever make too much noise the wee woman beside us just asks us to quieten down. Give her a wee vodka and shes happy as larry. One of the boys even got her messages for her from Spar the other day. The ones on the other side are 'foreign nationals' and they just say hello every once in a while.

The boy up the street is a complete w ank tho. Last weekend he smashed the front window and let down the car tyre of the girls across the street from us. Then on Monday he was walking past and says 'Here girls do you like your party's?' They replied 'aye sometimes' to which he says 'Well if theres any more I'll smash all your fukcn windies aaight'

Then when you tell the wardens aka the plastic police all they can say is wheres your proof. Like is the whole in the window not a big hint.

Then just last night there was a guy up from home for the night out and he was staying in our house. He was going about shouting with a megaphone and to be fair it was far too loud and we told him to turn it off cos we wanted some sleep as well.

Anyway me and my house mate were sitting on the wall outside and 2 cops came walking down the street. The lad with the megaphone ran inside but we stayed there because we weren't doing anything wrong. One of the cops comes over and starts trying to act the hard man and thinking he's above us saying things like 'What's your name, I'm asking you a question, Answer me'

We were sitting there saying 'Sure we just talking here, The boy with the megaphone doesn't even live here' to which he puts his finger on his lip like a mini-Hitler school teacher and says 'Quiet, I'm talking.'

He then forced us to show out students ID's and is reporting us to our University's and we never even done anything. To be honest I wanted to go after him with a Hurl and batter his skull in.

However the real sickener of the story is that it was the resident who broke the girls window and let down there tyres that reported us for the megaphone

You have our total sympathy... ::)

Tony Baloney

Quote from: under the bar on September 26, 2008, 11:19:29 PM
Anyone know who the undesirables in Jerusalem Street are?  They're at the bottom on the junction with Agincourt.  Was there mthis eveing and there was about 5 fellas sitting out the front with their kids f*cking off girls walking past muhc to the adults amusement.  Pure tramps look like they've been run out of somewhere

Carrickmore possibly?

rolloutking

QuoteYou shoulda battered your idoit mates head in with the hurl instead.

What the fk was he doing with a megaphone anyway?

We acquired it for freshers week. It was good craic during the day shouting at people but last night all we wanted to do was sleep. We didn't even go out because we were dying from the previous 9 days of intoxication and had class today

I no it was out of order but my point was that the policeman didnt even see the guy shouting through it and still takes my name and reports me to my Uni. I was just sitting on the wall because there was no point sitting in bed with the noise. Anyway it's not like shouting through a megaphone is a crime?

However the resident who caused criminal damage on more than one occasion, which he admitted and then made further intimidating threats, gets away scot free. We ask for something to be done and the reply from the police is that there is no proof.

I said there's no proof my mate was shouting through the megaphone and there's definitely none that I was shouting through it because my throat was red raw from the cheap vodka the day before, so even if i wanted to shout i couldn't

It seems there's one rule for the residents and one rule for the students.

PSNI....aye right

pintsofguinness

Why were you sitting outside on a wall?
Would you sit outside on your ma's wall on a saturday night talking to your mates while one of them runs round causing as much disturbance as possible?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

the green man

As much I sympathise with you over the reporting thing, I doubt you'll find much sympathy here. FFS a megaphone for crying out loud. What did you think would happen to it at night, sit in the corner?

Tony Baloney

The uni will do f**k all anyway. Fee payers are more important to them. If youse behaved yourselves you wouldn't have the peelers on your case. It's not like it hasn't been well publicised that students needed to behave themselves. None of you would get on like that at home so why should anyone put up with it when your at university.

rolloutking

Right I know it was out of order and I'll take whatever punishment comes my way, thats if I did anything but i was just sitting on the wall talking to my mate. Is that a crime now as well. Then I get my name took by the police.

Whereas the resident doesn't even get a verbal warning.

Look at it this way. Say you and your mates where out on Saturday night at home. One of your pals is drunk and starts shouting roaring which keeps some people up. The police are called and you are the one who gets in sh it with the cops even though you didn't do anything.

Then the person who your mate kept awake goes and smashes your window and lets down your car tyre, admits it and then threatens to do more gets away scot free. Totally innocent because nobody seen it. He is then able to walk past you winking and laughing knowing that he is as safe from prosecution as a super grass.

Who is the one that needs to behave themselves there seeing some of you are condemn violent and disrupting behavior?

The megaphone was only a toy one. Its no louder than a cd player.

the green man