DERRY V FERMANAGH Healy Park Sat 21st June Throw in: 6pm

Started by never kickt a ball, June 02, 2008, 12:11:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazer

I'm disappointed that we dont get to take on Derry in the Ulster Final.

An Dún Abú
Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Gold

"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

DUBSFORSAM1

Are the Derry fans complaining about the Fermanagh tactics of dragging down defenders to prevent quick attacks etc the same ones who applauded them tactics when you beat Tyrone by doing the same thing???

screenexile

I'm not complaining about it! Not too many have in fairness. Fermanagh did what the had to to win. They did systematically foul us in certain areas of the field and I think the card count of 10 yellows to 3 reflect this but we weren't up for it mentally and didn't use the right (if any) tactics to impose our style of play n them or to counter the style they imposed on us!

Also... why the fcuk are you talking about something that happened 2 years ago? It has no relevance to this game whatsoever!

I agree with Oneill f***ing Dubs!  ::) ::) ::)

DUBSFORSAM1

Screen - Its a simple concept that fans who complain about something which happens against them often cheer when it works out for them so just checking if there was hypocrisy involved (and most Derry fans 2 years ago thought they were great tactics against Tyrone so why decry them now?)

Anyway you go back to your natural home in the qualifiers where you seem to belong.... ;) ;)

Fuzzman

well said Dubs.

You live by the sword you die by the sword.

It's been a bitter pill for us Tyrone fans to swallow but we've been out Tyrone'd now by quite a few teams.

I can't say I'm not glad to see the Derry folk be on the receiving end now that they bought into the deal.

Will the back door be the harder route this year?

Come join us Kerry and Armagh

screenexile

Dick's!

Why are you so worried about Derry anyway? Apparently we're  no threat now anyway so what's the problem. As for the 'Out Tyroning Tyrone' thing. We aren't crying like little bitches like the rest of Tyrone were a few years ago so there shouldn't be any reason why this is discussed.

As for DFS1 I'm sure when you come across Fermanagh/Tyrone/Donegal you will be crying about 'the day the football died' in an 'American Pie'/'Jackeen Pie' stylee.

Derry adopted that particular tactic for one game in PC's tenure so this 'buying into the deal' thing is also a stupid notion Fuzzman. In each of the last 3 years we have gone down playing decent football and forgetting about the blanket. Sometimes when you're playing a team they drag you down to their level so I wouldn't be comparing Derry too much with the inbreds based on the strength of one match 2 years ago!

There are no sour grapes over the defeat here lads, we have decried our own players and our own management, a few observations of the match and Fermanagh's tactics have been made but nobody is holding it against them. If you have nothing constructive to add to the discussion other than trying to stir the pot I suggest you worry about your own teams and let us Derry folk worry about ours. ;)

billy the kid

Quote from: ONeill on June 21, 2008, 05:59:34 PM
Some shower of in-breds in the one place at the same time. Must be a record.

I take it thats the Tyrone AGM your on about you dickhead.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

DUBSFORSAM1

Screen - If we do come accross Fermanagh/Tyrone/Donegal etc then I am convinced our players know that kicking a ball quickly is the best way to beat that defence...

ONeill

Quote from: billy the kid on June 24, 2008, 10:24:15 AM

I take it thats the Tyrone AGM your on about you dickhead.

No, Derry and Fermanagh. On the Derry and Fermanagh thread. Whilst the Derry and Fermanagh game was on.

I'll write it slowly next time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mc_grens

QuotePosted on: Today at 07:41:38 PMPosted by: DUBSFORSAM1 

Screen - If we do come accross Fermanagh/Tyrone/Donegal etc then I am convinced our players know that kicking a ball quickly is the best way to beat that defence...

Which of course Dublin have proven in the past when beating Armagh and Tyrone on their way to All Ireland titles in the last few yea... oh... wait, they didn't. "Convinced" huh?

DUBSFORSAM1

Quote from: mc_grens on June 24, 2008, 07:54:47 PM
QuotePosted on: Today at 07:41:38 PMPosted by: DUBSFORSAM1 

Which of course Dublin have proven in the past when beating Armagh and Tyrone on their way to All Ireland titles in the last few yea... oh... wait, they didn't. "Convinced" huh?

Yes but that was Armagh at their best ever and Tyrone at their best ever who we came very close to - Losing by 1 point to Armagh in 02 and but for Cluxton in 03 we would have won and we drew with Tyrone also......Both these teams would comfortably beat the rest of the Ulster teams at the moment...

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quotebut for Cluxton in 03 we would have won

Idle speculation.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

mc_grens

Problem is your lads aren't getting any better either.

Dublin are going into the Championship having still not fixed the same problems that have plagued them in previous years, or at least not having shown any evidence of having done so.

And to be honest, the qualifiers are tougher than Leinster.

Tyrone, Derry, Limerick, Armagh or Down, Mayo or Galway, Cork or Kerry, Limerick. All these teams are already involved or will be involved before too long has passed.

To win Leinster you lads will have to beat Louth, Westmeath, and Wexford. Only one of whom has even made it to a Provincial final in the last 10 years!

saffron sam2

Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 23, 2008, 11:21:29 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 23, 2008, 11:03:47 AM
Quote from: whiskeysteve on June 23, 2008, 10:58:33 AM
Quote from: orangeman on June 23, 2008, 10:19:16 AM
What did you think of Tohill on the Sunday game last night ?

Talk of big heads and egos !!!!!!! Wonder who he was talking about ? Could it have been Paddy Crozier ?

he was referring to the players

The players wouldn't have egos ? Based on what ? A national league ? Tohill seemed disgusted last night with Derry's performance - might he be manager someday ?

I would agree with Tohill that a few players seem to have a high opinion of themselves. At the very least saturdays performance showed a streak of complacency in some quarters.

Some of the things Joe Brolly and Paddy Heaney have written about Derry players would not help in keeping the feet on the ground

I would suggest that the Derry team graced by Tohill had its share of underachieving egotists also.

Possibly moreso than the current team.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet