Letterkenny

Started by Mayo4Sam, May 29, 2008, 03:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 02:45:04 PM
Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2008, 02:28:21 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 02:05:24 PM
Never had a bit of bother in Letterkenny and I have been going there for years (in all kinds of shape), but then I don't go looking for trouble, also try to respect anywhere I go, generally by not pissing in public!  ::)

Dick!

Very adult there screenexile, you want to start slagging places off and insulting the locals, then don't be surprised if someone pulls you up.

GDA            - glass house and stones. What did you have to say about my hometown last week?

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Puckoon on May 30, 2008, 03:02:15 PM
Never had a bit of bother in Letterkenny and I have been going there for years (in all kinds of shape), but then I don't go looking for trouble, also try to respect anywhere I go, generally by not pissing in public!  ::)

Dick!

Very adult there screenexile, you want to start slagging places off and insulting the locals, then don't be surprised if someone pulls you up.

GDA            - glass house and stones. What did you have to say about my hometown last week?

Fair point, but my experience of Omagh was gained over a number of years and not one visit.
Tbc....

Rick O Shea

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 02:47:09 PM
Quote from: Rick O Shea on May 30, 2008, 02:37:56 PM
Never had a bit of bother in Letterkenny and I have been going there for years (in all kinds of shape), but then I don't go looking for trouble, also try to respect anywhere I go, generally by not pissing in public!  ::)

Dick!

Ah right, these hallions were the inforcement division of the "keep letterkenny clean" campaign... catch yourself on gda

And where did I say that?
As I stated earlier, chances are that the idiots who attacked screenexile were not even from Letterkenny.
So take your own advice.

I cant let it this one slide;

You said it here, i just gave them a "name"

QuoteDid you ever think that they maybe just didn't like some Derry whippet master coming into their town and pissing all over the place?

And you have absolutely no idea where they were from, just like screenexile has no idea where they were from.  But given that it happened it letterkenny he has every right to call it a rough town.  He never called the people that are from letterkenny rough!

Puckoon

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 03:05:11 PM
Quote from: Puckoon on May 30, 2008, 03:02:15 PM

Dick!

Fair point, but my experience of Omagh was gained over a number of years and not one visit.

Still, if you are going to have strong opinions that you arent shy about sharing - it seems more than a tad self righteous to be pullin exile up for a story that he at least tried to portray in jest.

Unless of course it was your alleyway he pissed in.

Communities cant have it both ways, when you go through that purple patch of being the town everyone wants to go out in - some people are going to get in trouble and not have a favourable opinion.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2008, 03:01:12 PM

Dick!

Where did I say anything about Letterkenny people? I said the town is rough but I never said it was a local that set upon me, I could well believe it was someone from Strabane or Derry, am I not allowed to call someone a kn**ker cnut for punching me for blatantly no reason whatsoever?

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2008, 01:11:52 PM
God you boys are some craic... the time I was in Letterkenny I definitely got slapped for no reason... had just taken a piss down an alley and some guy started batin me... then when I got away from him a couple of guys got out of a car and had a go as well. It's lucky my stealth like speed helped me from getting a bad kicking.

As for the other incident you are referring to, well that's all in the past now. Ballinascreen and Slaughtneil have participated in a number of cross community events in order to put events like those mentioned in the past... Long may it continue (For my sake at least!)

As for this...

You don't know anything about the incident and the way you have portrayed it is as if I hung the lad out in the street, started having a slash and said "Come on ye bastards"... which is not anything close to what happened!

People can have many different experiences of different places and my experience of L'kenny is not a good one... the fact is that there are knackers there (from Derry, Strabane or Letterkenny) who are willing to pick on drunk guys who happen to be on there own and give them hidings for no reason, and I am not just going on my own experience. How about we just agree to disagree on this one!

Fair enough, and btw I've been on the receiving end of two beatings (for being in the wrong place at the wrong time/and being a taig) so I sympathise with what happened to you, but I hate hearing the auld sod getting a slating.  ;)
Tbc....

Mayo4Sam

Must say had a savage weekend in Letterkenny.

Paintballing was great craic, run by a sound crowd

Was in The Central Bar and Downstairs in Voodoo on Friday nite and The Cavern and upstairs in Voodoo Saturday nite, Central bar was quiet but that was needed after coming from Dublin/Mayo and Teh other 3 were savage spots, I'd imagine if u were a local u mite get pissed off with all the hens and stags, 7 hens in that cavern sat nite.

But the talent was savage and not a bit of a row or bad blood anywhere we went.

Great spot, will be recommending it to all
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me