Letterkenny

Started by Mayo4Sam, May 29, 2008, 03:03:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

The paintballing is excellent.

It seems to be run by like a local and his wife. It's not too dear and there's a we bit of Mrs Doyle about your woman. For lunch she brings out the sandwiches. You could feed an army with the number she makes and she has one of them industrial tea pots too so you'll be looked after!!

The paintballing games are good too- there's excellent terrain for them. It was very wet when we were there so all the better.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: dodo on May 30, 2008, 12:50:08 AM
Shure them Knockmore bucks do like to spend their time outdoors.......

http://www.mayoecho.com/this%20weeks%20edition/pdfs/MAYO01.pdf

I see no mention of knockmore there!

Cheers lads for the info, sounds like paintballing for us!
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

screenexile

God you boys are some craic... the time I was in Letterkenny I definitely got slapped for no reason... had just taken a piss down an alley and some guy started batin me... then when I got away from him a couple of guys got out of a car and had a go as well. It's lucky my stealth like speed helped me from getting a bad kicking.

As for the other incident you are referring to, well that's all in the past now. Ballinascreen and Slaughtneil have participated in a number of cross community events in order to put events like those mentioned in the past... Long may it continue (For my sake at least!)

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2008, 04:55:16 PM
Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 29, 2008, 04:52:36 PM
Bring a gumshield if you have one, it could come in handy at the end of the night.

A wild town.

I can testify to that!!! Rough as fcuk! Got slaps from two different sets of boys for nothing one night! Be careful to stay with your mates after a nightclub as I duked away on my own for a piss and was caught! Crowd of kn**ker cnuts!!!

Did you ever think that they maybe just didn't like some Derry whippet master coming into their town and pissing all over the place?
Also the chances are that the lads that smacked you where from Derry city or Strabane - and btw a Derry man calling anyone a kn**ker is a joke!
Tbc....

screenexile

Hang on a second... I have as much dislike for Derry City people as the next man (Not all but a fair few). There is an extreme difference between people from the city and other parts of Derry so don't be so quick to shout.

As for calling people knackers I think you'll find I am referring to lads who tried to start on me for no reason... I'm not allowed to do this? I would have thought I had good enough reason to do so.

Anyway let's get back on topic. Letterkenny is usually a good place to go just mind yourself as there are people who like to beat up stragglers in a group (whether they be from Derry City/Strabane or Letterkenny itself).

feetofflames

In other words watch out for the balubas!
Chief Wiggum

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Never had a bit of bother in Letterkenny and I have been going there for years (in all kinds of shape), but then I don't go looking for trouble, also try to respect anywhere I go, generally by not pissing in public!  ::)
Tbc....

Hardy

I spent one night ever in Letterkenny. My first few hours in bed were sleepless as the American girl in the room on the other side of the cardboard wall of the hotel bedroom, 'entertained' three successive visitors who came to say 'goodbye' to her as she was going home the next day.

At about three in the morning I decided to go down to reception and get shifted to another room, as this was likely to go on all night. There was nobody around in reception but I could see the rack of keys on the wall behind the counter and I went in to get one for another room. When I did, I tripped over the night porter lying asleep on his back with an accordion open across his chest.

I used to think of Salvador Dali anytime I heard the word 'surreal'. Now I think of Letterkenny.

the Deel Rover

Quote from: Hardy on May 30, 2008, 02:19:58 PM
I spent one night ever in Letterkenny. My first few hours in bed were sleepless as the American girl in the room on the other side of the cardboard wall of the hotel bedroom, 'entertained' three successive visitors who came to say 'goodbye' to her as she was going home the next day.
At about three in the morning I decided to go down to reception and get shifted to another room, as this was likely to go on all night. There was nobody around in reception but I could see the rack of keys on the wall behind the counter and I went in to get one for another room. When I did, I tripped over the night porter lying on his back with an accordion open across his chest.
I used to think of Salvador Dali anytime I heard the word 'surreal'. Now I think of Letterkenny.

:D :D brilliant hardy
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

screenexile

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 02:05:24 PM
Never had a bit of bother in Letterkenny and I have been going there for years (in all kinds of shape), but then I don't go looking for trouble, also try to respect anywhere I go, generally by not pissing in public!  ::)

Dick!

the Deel Rover

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2008, 02:28:21 PM
Dick!

now now screenexile thats what got you in trouble in the 1st place ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Rick O Shea

Dick!

Ah right, these hallions were the inforcement division of the "keep letterkenny clean" campaign... catch yourself on gda

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Dick!

Very adult there screenexile, you want to start slagging places off and insulting the locals, then don't be surprised if someone pulls you up.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: Rick O Shea on May 30, 2008, 02:37:56 PM

Dick!

Ah right, these hallions were the inforcement division of the "keep letterkenny clean" campaign... catch yourself on gda

And where did I say that?
As I stated earlier, chances are that the idiots who attacked screenexile were not even from Letterkenny.
So take your own advice.
Tbc....

screenexile

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 30, 2008, 02:45:04 PM

Dick!

Very adult there screenexile, you want to start slagging places off and insulting the locals, then don't be surprised if someone pulls you up.

Where did I say anything about Letterkenny people? I said the town is rough but I never said it was a local that set upon me, I could well believe it was someone from Strabane or Derry, am I not allowed to call someone a kn**ker cnut for punching me for blatantly no reason whatsoever?

Quote from: screenexile on May 30, 2008, 01:11:52 PM
God you boys are some craic... the time I was in Letterkenny I definitely got slapped for no reason... had just taken a piss down an alley and some guy started batin me... then when I got away from him a couple of guys got out of a car and had a go as well. It's lucky my stealth like speed helped me from getting a bad kicking.

As for the other incident you are referring to, well that's all in the past now. Ballinascreen and Slaughtneil have participated in a number of cross community events in order to put events like those mentioned in the past... Long may it continue (For my sake at least!)

As for this...

You don't know anything about the incident and the way you have portrayed it is as if I hung the lad out in the street, started having a slash and said "Come on ye bastards"... which is not anything close to what happened!

People can have many different experiences of different places and my experience of L'kenny is not a good one... the fact is that there are knackers there (from Derry, Strabane or Letterkenny) who are willing to pick on drunk guys who happen to be on there own and give them hidings for no reason, and I am not just going on my own experience. How about we just agree to disagree on this one!