The Injuries Thread

Started by screenexile, May 29, 2008, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Quote from: Galwaybhoy on October 09, 2009, 11:24:47 AM
Lads I got a kick into my side sparring a week and a half ago.  Its still sore, not bad, only if I touch it or if I make quick movements.  I can still work.  Should I give it a few more days to clear or would ye advise seeing a doctor?  Any advice?

I would suggest just to rest it and don't do anything that'll aggravate it, if you have broken ribs they won't do anything for you and if you'd have damaged any organs etc you'd be dead so just rest up and take her easy...sorry to dishearten you but it takes about 6-8 weeks to fully recover in there...hope my cheque is in the post ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Galwaybhoy

Thanks Illdecide.  Will it really take that long, thats a long time out not being able to train. :-\

Your cheque is in the post, you'll have it by the time you return home from work on Monday.  ;D

pintsofguinness

lads, my knee got a bad bang thursday mroning, in an accident, and it went up like a balloon.  It's got no better.  I have barely moved of the bed all weekend, only relief is to lie with it stretched out.  Shocking painful to bend, can't even sit with it, shocking painful going up or down stairs (strangely walking isn't too bad)  I've been icing it all day and the swelling is still not going down.  Bit of a long shot but anyone know what might be wrong, what will help, will it go away in a few days or do I need to look for a doctor?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

mountainboii

Knees are cnuts. There are loads of things that can f**k up in there - ligaments, bone, cartilage. If its still that bad 3 days after the injury you should get it checked out, especially with Christmas coming up as it could make it harder to get to see anyone.

pintsofguinness

:(  I was hoping for a miracle cure.

Square Ball

I think you would be better getting an x-ray on it Pints, would be the only way to find out whats going on
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Square Ball on December 20, 2009, 06:28:12 PM
I think you would be better getting an x-ray on it Pints, would be the only way to find out whats going on
I would if I thought it wouldnt heal itself or there was something that need looked at, hate the thought of taking up a doctor's time if it's not necessary. Got the leg bent though now, sitting in a chair now reasonably comfortable but I cant get the leg straightened out now, f**king brilliant!

ONeill

Is there anything you can wear to protect your shins for indoor football without looking like a cnut? Some kind of thin padding?

There's an old man who kicks them every week and mine seem to balloon up/bruise throughout the week and it can be rightly sore even getting the slightest knock on it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

illdecide

Quote from: ONeill on March 22, 2010, 12:16:48 PM
Is there anything you can wear to protect your shins for indoor football without looking like a cnut? Some kind of thin padding?

There's an old man who kicks them every week and mine seem to balloon up/bruise throughout the week and it can be rightly sore even getting the slightest knock on it.

Sounds like you need to raise your right elbow to remind this old man that you're shins are not there for kicking ;) :D

The only thing is shin guards but they would look silly playing indoor footie...lol

DirtyDozen12

Anyone ever suffered like a dead claf muscle before?  You know like a bad dead leg only in your calf muscle?  I got sa knock on it last Sunday and its still swollen and hard to walk on.  Went to Omagh county hospital yesterday and they didnt seem to give a f**k at all. 
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

illdecide

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 22, 2010, 02:35:34 PM
Anyone ever suffered like a dead claf muscle before?  You know like a bad dead leg only in your calf muscle?  I got sa knock on it last Sunday and its still swollen and hard to walk on.  Went to Omagh county hospital yesterday and they didnt seem to give a f**k at all.

Now that you've went a week from the injury it should be safe for a Physio to get his thunbs into it and sort it out for ya but be prepared it will be sore saan, bring a gum shield to bite into...lol

lurganblue

Quote from: illdecide on October 09, 2009, 11:31:09 AM
Lads I got a kick into my side sparring a week and a half ago.  Its still sore, not bad, only if I touch it or if I make quick movements.  I can still work.  Should I give it a few more days to clear or would ye advise seeing a doctor?  Any advice?

I would suggest just to rest it and don't do anything that'll aggravate it, if you have broken ribs they won't do anything for you and if you'd have damaged any organs etc you'd be dead so just rest up and take her easy...sorry to dishearten you but it takes about 6-8 weeks to fully recover in there...hope my cheque is in the post ;)

a got a whack in the ribs a few weeks ago. rested for about 3 weeks. i was starting to feel ok and decided to start training again. quickly received a similar shoulder to the ribs and am back to square one. frustrating as f**k

AbbeySider

Quote from: lurganblue on March 22, 2010, 02:58:59 PM
Quote from: illdecide on October 09, 2009, 11:31:09 AM

a got a whack in the ribs a few weeks ago. rested for about 3 weeks. i was starting to feel ok and decided to start training again. quickly received a similar shoulder to the ribs and am back to square one. frustrating as f**k

I know a good way to get over that one.... try

manning up, and being a man. Works wonders. Try it sometime ;) :D :D :D

[couldnt resist, its a long running joke in our dressing room as its the answer we give to all ailments, serious or otherwise]

haranguerer

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 22, 2010, 02:35:34 PM

Now what was it Abbeysider used to say....?

Celt_Man

Not strictly an injury but how does one get rid of a black eye ahead of it's time??   
GAA Board Six Nations Fantasy Champion 2010