The Injuries Thread

Started by screenexile, May 29, 2008, 02:50:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Quote from: lurganblue on September 28, 2009, 08:22:25 PM
So the dentist says I've only slightly damaged the nerve and feeling should return in a few weeks  :'(

he did recommend that I go to hospital though as I could well have fractured my cheek bone so I'm sitting here now waiting on x ray results...

doesnt appear to be  fracture either so looks like all fuss over nothing... (providing the numbness goes away)

botman

Quote from: lurganblue on September 29, 2009, 09:03:59 AM
Quote from: lurganblue on September 28, 2009, 08:22:25 PM
So the dentist says I've only slightly damaged the nerve and feeling should return in a few weeks  :'(

he did recommend that I go to hospital though as I could well have fractured my cheek bone so I'm sitting here now waiting on x ray results...

doesnt appear to be  fracture either so looks like all fuss over nothing... (providing the numbness goes away)

Good news - Better to be safe than sorry all the same.
Keep them at it.

the waffler

Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2008, 02:50:25 PM
Well guys I had a quick look for an injuries thread and couldn't find anything and was looking for advice.

Got results of my MRI scan back there and it says "Normal Anterior Cruciate Ligament not demonstrated indicating at least partial and likely complete rupture." It also says I've partially ruptured my PCL.

The only insurane I have is the Coyle Hamilton Willis scheme and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this scheme for this type of injury. If I go private for the op will it be covered?

Also has anyone been in a similar situation with a partial/complete tear of the cruciate and what can I look forward to after the surgery? Will I have a cast on or have to miss work? I've also heard that sometimes the scan may be misleading and point to a complete tear of the ligament but when the surgeon has a look it can sometimes only be torn slightly. Has anyone any experience of this?

I know I should be asking the doctor these questions but my appointment isn't until next Thursday and was just looking for a bit of advanced info on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to talk about any injuries they've suffered feel free to use the thread.
you will have to pay for it then you will get it back through the insurance i know our club has paid for it and gets it back so the player is not out of pocket it can take a couple of months get it done in the independent in belfast good spot

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: screenexile on May 29, 2008, 02:50:25 PM
Well guys I had a quick look for an injuries thread and couldn't find anything and was looking for advice.

Got results of my MRI scan back there and it says "Normal Anterior Cruciate Ligament not demonstrated indicating at least partial and likely complete rupture." It also says I've partially ruptured my PCL.

The only insurane I have is the Coyle Hamilton Willis scheme and I was wondering if anyone has any experience of this scheme for this type of injury. If I go private for the op will it be covered?

Also has anyone been in a similar situation with a partial/complete tear of the cruciate and what can I look forward to after the surgery? Will I have a cast on or have to miss work? I've also heard that sometimes the scan may be misleading and point to a complete tear of the ligament but when the surgeon has a look it can sometimes only be torn slightly. Has anyone any experience of this?

I know I should be asking the doctor these questions but my appointment isn't until next Thursday and was just looking for a bit of advanced info on it.

Any info would be greatly appreciated and if anyone wants to talk about any injuries they've suffered feel free to use the thread.

Make sure you get at least the 1st two pages of the claim form to Willis within 60 days of the incident, else they will not process the claim.
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Aerlik

Anyone here ever damaged their psoas muscle?  It's a big deep-set muscle that runs from your spine across your pelvis and down towards you inner thighs.  I thought I had a hernia but the physio has diagnosed psoas tear.  It stops you running and climbing stairs is painful.

Nowhere near as bad as a slipped disc though. :-[
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

southdown

Iv been out for 3 weeks with lower back pain/spasms, missed a few big matches, hateful.

Anyone have any tips?  Physio has given me some stretching exercizes to do but they are fairly basic.

Aerlik

Quote from: southdown on October 07, 2009, 01:05:01 PM
Iv been out for 3 weeks with lower back pain/spasms, missed a few big matches, hateful.

Anyone have any tips?  Physio has given me some stretching exercizes to do but they are fairly basic.

Walk.  A great way to get the blood flow and general flexibility especially around the top of the pelvis.  Do your damndest not to let sciatica set in. 

Also, fitball stretching helps

gawa316

I've suffered from cramp ever since I was a teenager. Not as fit as I use to be, but still well able to get around the (soccer) field. Have been eating banana's and drinking water, is there anything else I can do?

Aerlik

Quote from: gawa316 on October 07, 2009, 06:18:41 PM
I've suffered from cramp ever since I was a teenager. Not as fit as I use to be, but still well able to get around the (soccer) field. Have been eating banana's and drinking water, is there anything else I can do?

Where are the cramps?  Lack of either magnesium or manganese (can't remember which) is a bit of an issue here in West oz as the green-leafed veggies that normally contain it  don't due to the poor soil.  Might want to check that one out with a dietician.

Or you could be just waking up to the reality that has  confronted some of us in the past few years...the mind might still be ahead of the other boy but the auld ticker says get fecked.  Hanging up the boots/taking off the crampons/easing off on the bike miles hasn't been easy but sho ga nai, as the japs would say.

gawa316

Quote from: Aerlik on October 07, 2009, 06:48:31 PM

Where are the cramps?  Lack of either magnesium or manganese (can't remember which) is a bit of an issue here in West oz as the green-leafed veggies that normally contain it  don't due to the poor soil.  Might want to check that one out with a dietician.

Or you could be just waking up to the reality that has  confronted some of us in the past few years...the mind might still be ahead of the other boy but the auld ticker says get fecked.  Hanging up the boots/taking off the crampons/easing off on the bike miles hasn't been easy but sho ga nai, as the japs would say.

Been getting cramp for years so not putting it down to old age (I'm only 29). I am still training but have always been naturally fit with a resting heart rate in the 40's etc etc.

Cramp whislt playing is in my calfs but would often get it in my feet, toes, back (when I stretch). I remember one time, must've been only about 14. I jumped into pool and every muscle in my legs cramp up, lucky I was at the shallow end! My legs felt as if there battered by hammers the next day!

Treasurer

I broke a toe (maybe 2) a few weeks back, doc says just leave them but one of them looks extremely crooked, surely it'd be better strapped to the one beside it or something?  I broke one before and it mended without any intervention but this is crooked and lumpy looking  (god forbid I won't be able to wear my heels again!)

ONeill

Fairly pissed off with this oul quad injury yoke. Although there's no constant pain, it's still there when you do short start-stop sprints.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: Treasurer on October 07, 2009, 07:35:10 PM
I broke a toe (maybe 2) a few weeks back, doc says just leave them but one of them looks extremely crooked, surely it'd be better strapped to the one beside it or something?  I broke one before and it mended without any intervention but this is crooked and lumpy looking  (god forbid I won't be able to wear my heels again!)

Broke the big one a few years ago, didn't bother going near a doctor as I knew he'd do nothing with it, still looks crooked but doesn't give any trouble...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

Galwaybhoy

Lads I got a kick into my side sparring a week and a half ago.  Its still sore, not bad, only if I touch it or if I make quick movements.  I can still work.  Should I give it a few more days to clear or would ye advise seeing a doctor?  Any advice?