The Championship on the BBC

Started by Donagh, May 19, 2008, 12:00:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

raisins

Austy is terrific - All round great bloke. And Oisin McConville takes the hotseat from Jarlath Burns this week. Check the BBC website. Should be a good watch. Hope the game is better than last week's at Casement!

Donagh

Here's hoping some of them have been reading this thread.

ziggysego

I heard from the horses mouth Donagh, they do. ;)
Testing Accessibility

doire na raithe

Quote from: raisins on May 23, 2008, 07:40:18 AM
Austy is terrific - All round great bloke. And Oisin McConville takes the hotseat from Jarlath Burns this week. Check the BBC website. Should be a good watch. Hope the game is better than last week's at Casement!

Are you serious? He's the most drol man in the country!

Bensars

well it was through this board they they got a few ideas last year for special features.

haranguerer

Soem of them not only reading it, but posting as well - how else do you explain the supporting comments   ::) ;D

Our Nail Loney

Our Nail Loney

Screens back on, f**k McConville's boring though

ziggysego

Switched over for two minutes. Frick he drolls on.
Testing Accessibility

JimStynes

Total shite yet again. RTE is much better and that is saying something. The aussie rules commentators could show the gaa how to do it.

5 Sams

Have to say I was impressed with O'Callaghan's handling of the show.....funny eyes though ::)...McHugh was McHugh...McConville was dire >:(

The Aristocrat Years

Square Ball

who was that with Sidey? Kevin ?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

wherefromreferee?

Sidebottom is some plank..
He said a couple things that I drove me mental today.  Someone else made reference to the fact that he always, when giving out the scores, sais 'plays'.  Fermanaghs 1-03 plays monaghans 4 points.  Drives me bonkers.  Other quotes today went something like 'the games ebbing, flowing, rocking and a rolling!' and some other reference about a shot being like honey dew??
In your Endo!

JimStynes

Quote from: wherefromreferee? on May 25, 2008, 08:16:19 PM
Sidebottom is some plank..
He said a couple things that I drove me mental today.  Someone else made reference to the fact that he always, when giving out the scores, sais 'plays'.  Fermanaghs 1-03 plays monaghans 4 points.  Drives me bonkers.  Other quotes today went something like 'the games ebbing, flowing, rocking and a rolling!' and some other reference about a shot being like honey dew??

I heard this aswell, drives me f**king nuts. I think the honey dew one was about Paul Finlays score near end of 1st half. How the f**k does this man get on TV.

ONeill

Yes Madden was analyst alongside frontbottom.

McConville is not a man for the TV. Fr Stone would've been more entertaining.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.