GAA youtube clips

Started by ONeill, May 16, 2008, 09:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 21, 2008, 03:04:56 PM
John Gardiner might be a bit embarrassed by this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4tDjfKUbCJY&NR=1

definately worth an oscar nomination   ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

AZOffaly

I was up in the stand licking my wounds that day. Dublin had beaten us in the Minor semi final earlier on. Watching the clip brought back gas memories, I can still vividly see in my minds eye that lunatic running off the bench and swinging like a wild man, before running off again. What struck me at the time was that none of the Laois subs met him on the way back in :D

I think there was suspensions handed down afterwards, maybe some of the Meath lads could remember if Laois were depleted for the Leinster final. I lost interest when Kildare beat Dublin in the minor final, after we beat them in Athy before the semi final.

Hardy

AZ I don't remember Laois being depleted for the final, but I couldn't be sure. It must have been yourselves we played that day in the previous match. I was there and I could never remember whether it was Wicklow or Offaly we were playing that day, but if Louth-Laois was a semi, then it must have been Offaly.

If anyone was suspended at all, I'd say it was no more than one from each side. Faction fighting was less frowned on then than it is today. And I notice Jim Carney's habits haven't changed in seventeen years either. He was talking to the studio with his mike open back then and he was still at it last Sunday on the webcast. We also got to hear him recording his Sunday Game introduction piece at half time.

AZOffaly

Quote from: Hardy on May 21, 2008, 04:09:09 PM
AZ I don't remember Laois being depleted for the final, but I couldn't be sure. It must have been yourselves we played that day in the previous match. I was there and I could never remember whether it was Wicklow or Offaly we were playing that day, but if Louth-Laois was a semi, then it must have been Offaly.

If anyone was suspended at all, I'd say it was no more than one from each side. Faction fighting was less frowned on then than it is today. And I notice Jim Carney's habits haven't changed in seventeen years either. He was talking to the studio with his mike open back then and he was still at it last Sunday on the webcast. We also got to hear him recording his Sunday Game introduction piece at half time.

No Hardy, it was Wicklow. We were playing Minor against Dublin. I can't remember who beat Offaly in the senior championship. We played Dublin at minor, Meath played Wicklow and then Louth played Laois.

Hardy

We beat you in the semi-final, but it must have been later. I was figuring that if Louth-Laois was a semi-final, the other match that day must have been the other semi. But of course when I think about it, our lengthy engagement with the Jacks meant our side of the draw was delayed, so while Laois and Louth were playing a semi, we were playing either the drawn or replayed second round game with Wicklow.

That Offaly team we beat in the semi was definitely he worst Offaly team I ever saw.

AZOffaly

I think that could have been the day I was mentioning before about Willie Reynolds meeting Mick Lyon's :D Were Offaly wearing white jerseys with green sleeves? It was a sunny day?

Hardy

It was a sunny day. I do seem to remember Offaly were in different clobber. I'll check.

Hardy

I had a look at the video there AZ. Yes - Offaly were in all white with short green sleeves. There's only 7 minutes of highlight s and no sign of a Willie Reynolds, but I think you said he only made a brief appearance. There was a David Reynolds at number 12 and Lyons's direct opponent was Peter Brady. As I was saying, a dire performance by Offaly that day. 2-13 to 0-7 and it was only 0-2 more than half way through the second half. Padraig Dunne was the manager.

AZOffaly

That's the game. I think Meath wore that gold jersey? Willie came on in the second half I think, when the game was well over, and the ball was hitting an invisible wall around the half way line.

Hardy

Gold jersey- that's right. Pity Willie's encounter with Mick didn't feature in the highlights.

AZOffaly

The ball would have had to have been in the general area. I don't think it came down there in the second half at all. I think Brendan Lowry was still playing for Offaly at that stage? Davey Reynolds is Willie's older brother.

Hardy

Brendan got a couple of scores OK.

down22

Stumbled across this one. Words fail me.

The Ballad of Stephen O'Neill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASFPcAQiEQ&feature=related

Puckoon

Quote from: down22 on August 05, 2008, 07:49:08 PM
Stumbled across this one. Words fail me.

The Ballad of Stephen O'Neill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xASFPcAQiEQ&feature=related

That is splendid! :D Especially as its bein sung accapelly