Who do you think will win the Sam "08" - excluding Kerry

Started by Gaoth Dobhair Abu, May 12, 2008, 02:08:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Who do you think will get to the AIF and have a chance of winning Sam "08" - excluding Kerry?

Armagh
Dublin
Monaghan
Mayo
Donegal
Cork
Tyrone
Galway
Derry
Meath
Down
Roscommon
Fermanagh
Louth
Kildare
Westmeath
Sligo
Laois
Wexford
Waterford

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Not sure if this has been done this year, if so just ignore it.
Would be interested to see who other then Kerry, people think has a chance of getting to the All Ireland final, to that end you have two votes.
If I have left out any other serious contenders, let me know and I will add them in.
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Would have 6 or seven possibles in the chasing pack after Kerry.

Picking two is hard, will go for Derry, and of course the Dubs. Gotta stay optomistic!  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

highorlow

QuoteIf I have left out any other serious contenders, let me know and I will add them in.

You have Ros and Sligo included, is that a typo ?
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: highorlow on May 12, 2008, 02:10:52 PM
QuoteIf I have left out any other serious contenders, let me know and I will add them in.

You have Ros and Sligo included, is that a typo ?

:D
Ah jesus sure have to give the Westies someone to back other then Mayo/Galway.
Tbc....

AZOffaly

I'm going with Dublin, and would be even if Kerry were included.

If not this year, never.

IolarCoisCuain

I visited Ladbrokes yesterday morning and invested a thoughtful tenner on Galway. Those boys have been underperforming for years. Class has to tell sometime.

Meath were my second pick. Hard to see anyone keeping it kicked out to Kerry though.

feetofflames

I dont believe Kerry will win it anyway.  I think pick from the following 3
Tyrone
Armagh
Derry
Chief Wiggum

BallyhaiseMan

i am disgusted that Cavan are not on this poll while inferior counties like Meath and Monaghan are.  ;)

his holiness nb

One good thing for me is that if Kerry dont do it, there seems to be a good few teams with the potential to win it. If Kerry underperform it could be one of the most exciting championships in years.
Ask me holy bollix

stew

Sligo for Sam. After winning a glorious Connaught championship last year the Sligomen will win Sam the year, you heard it here first. ;)
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

bennydorano

Dublin, Derry & Cork seem best placed to be the most realistic challengers.  The draw obviously will have a big impact, and a large slice of luck is required.  I'd fully expect Armagh to be in the last 8 and with a 'lucky' draw we could be in the semi, ditto for Tyrone.

screenexile

Yeah I don't really get the whole Cork thing... I think they are a distinctly average team with maybe 3 outstanding players and the fact they got to an All Ireland final last year was a complete fluke!

The fact that Meath beat Tyrone and Galway teams on the way down seemed to put them up on an imaginery pedastel and the fact that Cork then beat them seemd to confuse people.

Cork had the easiest draw to get to an AIF IMO. If Cork get a proper draw in the qualifiers this year they will be nowhere near an AIF!

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Only meself voting for Donegal so far - we're always better for being the underdog anyway.  :P
Tbc....

his holiness nb

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2008, 03:47:37 PM
Only meself voting for Donegal so far - we're always better for being the underdog anyway.  :P

In fairness Ulster looks fascinating this year with so many teams fancying their chances.

Bar Down, Antrim, Cavan and Fermanagh, everyone else has realistic Ulster title aims.
Ask me holy bollix

BallyhaiseMan

Quote from: his holiness nb on May 12, 2008, 03:51:12 PM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on May 12, 2008, 03:47:37 PM

In fairness Ulster looks fascinating this year with so many teams fancying their chances.

Bar Down, Antrim, Cavan and Fermanagh, everyone else has realistic Ulster title aims.

>:( Sure what would you know, You're a dub  ;D