Unable To Send Text Messages

Started by nrico2006, May 12, 2008, 11:40:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nrico2006

I bought a Sony Ericsonn K8OOi at the weekend and I'm unable to send text messages.  No error messages or anything appear but they just go straight to my outbox and their staus is displayed as queued.  I am using my old O2 SIM in the phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

AZOffaly

That's the 'Anti Man United gloating filter'.  It automatically stops United fans from sending arrogant texts to their long suffering Liverpool friends.

nrico2006

'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on May 12, 2008, 11:40:05 AM
I bought a Sony Ericsonn K8OOi at the weekend and I'm unable to send text messages.  No error messages or anything appear but they just go straight to my outbox and their staus is displayed as queued.  I am using my old O2 SIM in the phone.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Did you turn it on?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stephenite

Each network has it's own message centre listed in the messaging menu - either call O2 and get them to give you the correct settings to be entered into the messaging centre or just copy it from someone elses phone on the same network.

Might not sort it out but worked for me when I changed phones

dodo

In the 26 the O2 Text Message Service Centre is +353 86 800 2000

You can Edit this on your K800i by navigating this way :

Menu
Messaging
Settings
Text Message
Service Centre

rosnarun

you may need to update your sim card if the original was pre 3G
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

JimStynes

Your sim card is burnt out nricco - you have been texting to many dirty bits from around lurgan/craigavon.

tyrone exile

are you sure you have money on it?

nrico2006

JimStynes you could well be right.

Quoteyou may need to update your sim card if the original was pre 3G

I think that could be the case as the SIM is 2 and a half years old.  I've tried the service centre originally and it works in different phones and it works on other handsets.

Bensars

w
Quote from: rosnarun on May 12, 2008, 04:16:27 PM
you may need to update your sim card if the original was pre 3G

what he said