Time for a GAA quiz

Started by Hardy, May 09, 2008, 12:10:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

Who were the first team to win the All-Ireland Hurling title through the back door?
Who were the first team to win the All-Ireland Football title through the back door?
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

AZOffaly

jodyb

Hardy

Back door:
Wexford '97
Galway '01

AZOffaly

Wexford didn't win the All Ireland in 1997, that was Clare (They beat Tipp in the final). Offaly were defo the first hurling back door winners, they defeated Kilkenny in the Brian Whelehan final of 1998. (When he had the flu and went full forward, and won the game for Offaly).

amallon

First Hurling title through Back door was Offaly in 98
First Football title through back door was Galway in 01

illdecide

This 1 is as old as Tea.

Who and what year did 2 brothers play in the middle of the field in Croke Park on All-Ireland final day?????
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

AZOffaly

Was that the Connollys of Galway in 1980? Or is this some sort of trick question about bands? :D

amallon

Were Foster and Allan brothers?

AZOffaly

No. Tony Allen and Mick Foster. If it was Big Tom and Tony Allen we'd have a winner :D

ExiledGael

Quote from: illdecide on May 09, 2008, 05:07:25 PM
This 1 is as old as Tea.

Who and what year did 2 brothers play in the middle of the field in Croke Park on All-Ireland final day?????

Is this the fecking Fureys again?!

The Real Laoislad

Here's a easy one
Who won 4 Leinster Senior Football Final winners medals and also refereed two All Ireland Senior football finals
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Louth Exile

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on May 09, 2008, 05:48:03 PM
Here's a easy one
Who won 4 Leinster Senior Football Final winners medals and also refereed two All Ireland Senior football finals

Is that the man in the cap??
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Louth Exile

Was driving in this morning, bored with the radio I came up with novel way to amuse myself! From the memory I tried to name the Meath team that won the AI in 99. I have a good few, I know a couple of taps on the keyboard and I could fill in the gaps, but no cheating, do it from the head. Name the rest (and correct the errors)

C O'Sullivan
M Reilly     D Fay         C Murphy
H Traynor   ?                ?
   J Mc Dermott   ?
E Kelly      T Giles          ?
T Dowd     GG           O Murphy

Bonus point: Who scored the great goal for Cork that day and name his club?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

Uladh

Quote from: Louth Exile on June 17, 2008, 11:05:39 AM
Was driving in this morning, bored with the radio I came up with novel way to amuse myself! From the memory I tried to name the Meath team that won the AI in 99. I have a good few, I know a couple of taps on the keyboard and I could fill in the gaps, but no cheating, do it from the head. Name the rest (and correct the errors)

C O'Sullivan
M Reilly     D Fay         C Murphy
H Traynor   ?                ?
   J Mc Dermott   ?
E Kelly      T Giles          ?
T Dowd     GG           O Murphy

Bonus point: Who scored the great goal for Cork that day and name his club?

Jimmy McGuinness Mid field and nigel nestor wing forward?