Exchange Rates

Started by ludermor, May 08, 2008, 05:54:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ludermor

Where is the best place to see exchange rate comparsions? I am going to the states later on in the year and i was going to change euros into dollars now before the dollar strenghtens in value. Who usually gives the best deals?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

armaghniac

Go the Arrivals at the airport and buy the dollars off the people arriving off the US flights.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ludermor on May 08, 2008, 05:54:02 PM
Where is the best place to see exchange rate comparsions? I am going to the states later on in the year and i was going to change euros into dollars now before the dollar strenghtens in value. Who usually gives the best deals?

Start an account with XE.com. It is a painfull process but they give the best rates.

magickingdom

you'll get a good rate if you use your credit card for purchases over there. also get a phone card in any store (eg 7/11) great value on calls home (about 7c a minute)

Bensars

Quote from: ziggysego on May 08, 2008, 06:09:28 PM
The Post Office

Quite the reverse ziggy. you been suckered in by the advertisments and the no commission banners.

What it fails to inform you is the rate they offer is usually far from the best in the market place, also includes a wee bit of what would have been "lost" commission and a wee bit of profit.

Believe it or not, Marks and Spencers are very competitive. I hadnt realised that they offered a currency exchange service until a few years ago.