Beach Gaelic

Started by thejuice, May 08, 2008, 02:42:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thejuice

QuoteThe 5th Annual Beach Gaelic Tournament

This is an invite to all Gaelic Football clubs in Ireland, UK, Europe and North America.   

To enter a team to this years 5th Annual Beach Gaelic Tournament, which takes place in Long Beach, New York, September 6th, 2008.  We have been successfully running this exciting new hybrid sport for the last four years and to celebrate its 5th year we are offering a cash prize of $5000 for the winning team. 

The tournament is an all day 7a-side Gaelic Football tournament played on the beach.  Long Beach is one of New York's most popular beaches and the Beach Gaelic tournament generates a lot of local public interest.  The tournament promotes Gaelic Football in a exciting competitive manner,raising the awareness and interest in Gaelic Football to the American public.   

Please visit www.beachgaelic.com for more information about the event or email;beachgaelic@gmail.com

http://www.beachgaelic.com/new/home.asp?menuid=1

Looks like great craic
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Puckoon

That looks like great craic juice - thought youd have to be very fit to do it, but I see a big fat hewer from home in there playing for phillidelphia!!

Hollow Man

What ball do they use, a size 5? Do they wear runners/boots?

qub la la la

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 08, 2008, 09:48:16 PM

its not good on the oul feet kicking ball about the beach. great craic at the time but the o'neills is made for the field and not the sand!

Carmen Stateside

Had the pleasure of receiving the first ever Beach trophy! Still have it :D
Tyrone New York won it with me as captain :)

superblues

i also had the pleasure of receiving the trophy 2005 think it was great days craic and even better night  ;D

thejuice

Quote from: Hollow Man on May 08, 2008, 09:48:16 PM

Looking at the pictures it doesnt look like an O'Neills and they play barefoot or in socks, I'd imagine bare foot would be better
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016