Drogba
44 (46.8%)
Fabregas
1 (1.1%)
Darren Moore
2 (2.1%)

Total Members Voted: 94

Davitt Man

A mate of mine reckons Ronaldo wouldnt even make the Top 10 divers in the P\Ship. Guess who he supports....

AZOffaly

I think this is a poll that could have 100 entrants. Quite simply it'd be easier to list lads who don't dive.

Minder

You would have to include Rooney in this list
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

AZOffaly

Torres, Owen, etc etc. There's a hundred of them.

Billys Boots

Fabregas?????

And who, pray, is Darren Moore?  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

nrico2006

Gerarrd, plus he he must have took a wod of Roman last night - or maybe he just doesn't like playing Uniteds/Chelseas/Arsenals - if only it had been Derby or West Ham in the semi last night, or a penalty shoot-out! ;D ;D ;D
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

magpie seanie

QuoteYou would have to include Rooney in this list

If you actually believe that then I really pity you and your warped view of things.

An Fear Rua

this thread is just another way for some people to cope me thinks.
Its Grim up North

Davitt Man

Quote from: An Fear Rua on May 01, 2008, 09:51:38 AM
this thread is just another way for some people to cope me thinks.

There was 5 of us watching the match last night in our gaff and we started talking about how Benetiz slagging Drogba for diving back fired badly. SO then the conversation turned to other players who dive such as Stevie G, Ronaldo e.t.c so i decided to start a poll and see what people think

Davitt Man

Dead heat so far 15 votes, 5 votes each for Ronaldo, Stevie G and Big D

haranguerer

If those in charge wanted, they could cut diving out of the game overnight. Its very hard for a ref to tell in a split second whether a player has been fouled or has dived, but its easy in the replay: have a committee to study videos of games, and ban anyone they decide has dived. I cant understand why they wont do this.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 01, 2008, 09:49:49 AM
QuoteYou would have to include Rooney in this list

If you actually believe that then I really pity you and your warped view of things.

I think Gab Hurl posted slow motion of Rooney doing his Platoon impression against Blackburn a week or so ago, but obviously this was an isolated incident.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Uladh

Quote from: haranguerer on May 01, 2008, 11:07:56 AM
If those in charge wanted, they could cut diving out of the game overnight. Its very hard for a ref to tell in a split second whether a player has been fouled or has dived, but its easy in the replay: have a committee to study videos of games, and ban anyone they decide has dived. I cant understand why they wont do this.

Because....

Think of the players you'd be banning every week if you did that. Sponsors and tv companies will soon be knocking the fa's door.

magpie seanie

QuoteI think Gab Hurl posted slow motion of Rooney doing his Platoon impression against Blackburn a week or so ago, but obviously this was an isolated incident.

I assume you are being sarcastic here. The incident you mention was a slip that he embellished as there had been some contact just before. Not something he'd be proud of but despite your sarcastic comment it was very much an isolated incident. Its more the norm for Rooney to try to keep going when he is actually being fouled that the opposite. Most fair minded people can see this. He got elbowed in the back of the head by Carvalho last weekend and didn't go down. He was fouled by Caragher in the box against Liverpool but stayed on his feet and got a shot off.

By not tackling the diving problem honest players like Rooney are being punished for not being dishonest. Like haranguerer I cannot for the life of me understand why the will is not there to tackle this problem.

AZOffaly

I remember a Sol Campbell incident with Rooney against Arsenal as well, but I think he is far from the worst in fairness.