Rule 42

Started by Armagh Exile, April 27, 2008, 07:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Armagh Exile

Could Rule 42 be brought back with the amendment that GAA players be allowed to play in Croke Park.

orangeman

Quote from: Armagh Exile on April 27, 2008, 07:34:14 PM
Could Rule 42 be brought back with the amendment that GAA players be allowed to play in Croke Park.

;D ;) :D good one !

magpie seanie

I hope you are no insinuating that there are less GAA matches in Croker to facilitate soccer and rugby matches. We were told by the visionaries that this would not happen so go back to your cave or the rear of thew woods that you came from.  :D

themanwhowasntthere

I thought all the big GAA matches were now being held in Parnell Park, to rest Croke Park for the "foreign games" !!!!!

Tankie

Well maybe if the stadium wasnt only full for Dublin and Ireland games the GAA might considered opening it  ;D
Grand Slam Saturday!

thewobbler

The GAA could have opened Croke Park up yesterday for Derry vs Kerry with free admission, and it still would have been three-quarters empty.

winsamsoon

Whos cares wobbler it it was the final of the national league, you know the second highest prize in Gaelic football. It should therefore have been held at Headquarters and not Parnell.
I never forget a face but in your case I will make an exception.

orangeman

A Triple header would have generated a full house  - Dublin and Westmeath = Kerry and Derry and Fermanagh and Wexford

Tankie

Quote from: winsamsoon on April 28, 2008, 02:02:35 PM
Whos cares wobbler it it was the final of the national league, you know the second highest prize in Gaelic football. It should therefore have been held at Headquarters and not Parnell.

Why should it if people don't care? i would rather be in a near full PP than a totally empty croker!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Owenmoresider

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 28, 2008, 12:31:58 PM
I hope you are no insinuating that there are less GAA matches in Croker to facilitate soccer and rugby matches. We were told by the visionaries that this would not happen so go back to your cave or the rear of thew woods that you came from.  :D
Ah Seanie, you've gone all 'modern' and 'tolerant' on us now, and I thought we could rely on you. :P

magpie seanie

The classes are going well. I'll soon be allowed into a public house (you know those places where they have taps that beer comes out of) and if that goes well in a few months, when I learn how to use those cutlery thingys I might even get to go out for a meal. I know - its amazing!

his holiness nb

Why do we need the stadium to be full to allow a player the honour of playing in Croke Park.

Are we that materialistic that we would deny a player his traditional right to live his dream of playing in Croker, because we wont make enough money out of it?
Ask me holy bollix

Gnevin

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 28, 2008, 05:00:13 PM
Why do we need the stadium to be full to allow a player the honour of playing in Croke Park.

Are we that materialistic that we would deny a player his traditional right to live his dream of playing in Croker, because we wont make enough money out of it?
No but 8,000 in 82,500 capacity stadium is rather lifeless
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

ziggysego

Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM

Trust me, it isn't.
Testing Accessibility

Gnevin

Quote from: ziggysego on April 28, 2008, 05:23:52 PM
Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2008, 05:02:40 PM

Trust me, it isn't.
It seemed rather lifeless when Meath played Cork last year and their was 25,000 + at that
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.