Muineacháin v Fear Manach

Started by Maguire01, April 27, 2008, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

Maximus Marillius

Fermanagh have really pushed the boat out this year for this championship. No stone nor amount of money has been left to ensure success. Mc Cabe bought out of his contract so he can play for Fermangh. O'Rouke spending time with soccer clubs in England to ensure that they can best prepare the team for the big game. Three weekend aways training in preparation for this game. They are going to empty the tank for this clash. Best prepared Fermanagh team ever...no stone left unturned. fermanagh have been as professional as any gaelic team could be for this game.

Uladh

Quote from: Maximus Marillius on May 20, 2008, 12:26:19 PM
Mc Cabe bought out of his contract so he can play for Fermangh.

Who's McCabe?

I'm hearing that there are an awful lot of tickets not taken up for sunday?

billy the kid

Quote from: haranguerer on May 20, 2008, 11:29:56 AM
Everyones being very mannerly and neighbourly on this thread so far, so here goes *deep breath*:

Monaghan are the most overrated team in Ireland. Theres no way they'll win an Ulster title this year, I doubt they'll beat Fermanagh. Once again they had a good start to the league, but were found out when it mattered. The 'legend' that is the Banty hasnt a clue, McElkennons actually running the show. Freemans a class act aright, (though just about every goal he scores comes from a push in the back of the defender), Finlays hot and cold, usually cold when you need him, Woods just isnt fit (which is a pity cos he really could be class) your man Hanrattys a clown, theres only one midfielder, and that entire defence is going to get found out 'on the dry sod'.

Discuss:

(btw dont think fermanagh are much beter, but apparently offence is best form of defence  ;))

Here here :D :D :D

But you forgot to mention the constant off the ball antics and fouling from their defence.

(Also think your being a little hard on Banty and Freeman)
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

billy the kid

Im gonna go for Fermanagh by 2/3 points.

Think it will be very tight and will be interesting to see which style of football prevails, Fermanaghs positive approach where they try to play football OR Monaghans Negative approach where they try to stop the other team playing football and grind them down.
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

thebandit

Quote from: Uladh on May 20, 2008, 12:42:03 PM

I'm hearing that there are an awful lot of tickets not taken up for sunday?

I'd be surprised at that, there's a fair amount of interest in Monaghan anyway

haranguerer

Dunno what trolling means, but i'm definitely 'childishly egging opinions' (?)

Relax!  :-*

Looking forward to Sunday aright, should be a great contest! MM is that all true? O'Rourkes very professional, but the co board have generally lagged behind when it comes to backing managers expenditure (tho is it still his clubman who's treasurer? ;)). Also, McCabes a good footballer, but to buy him out of a contract would suggest a status which I've never seen him earn (yet anyway). I cant see him starting on Sun. Its to be welcomed though, fermanagh rarely have been the better prepared team in the championship, and the attitude of 'only the best will do' definitely seeps through to the players.

Uladh

haranguerer

With regards tickets, at one club I'm hearing theres very few about, and at another any amount of them. The usual ticket rumours...I reckon close to, but mebbe not just capacity, though with the panic on I know boys who think it'll sell out a few times over, andthey'll never get in. Definitely the most eagerly anticipated clash between the teams in my memory ( so really only those since the turn of the millenium)

Maximus Marillius

Quote from: haranguerer on May 20, 2008, 01:06:51 PM
Dunno what trolling means, but i'm definitely 'childishly egging opinions' (?)

Relax!  :-*

Looking forward to Sunday aright, should be a great contest! MM is that all true? O'Rourkes very professional, but the co board have generally lagged behind when it comes to backing managers expenditure (tho is it still his clubman who's treasurer? ;)). Also, McCabes a good footballer, but to buy him out of a contract would suggest a status which I've never seen him earn (yet anyway). I cant see him starting on Sun. Its to be welcomed though, fermanagh rarely have been the better prepared team in the championship, and the attitude of 'only the best will do' definitely seeps through to the players.

pretty sure its true...and its not your CB doing the backing

timmyot501

I think there will be a sizeable Monaghan crowd, however the price of the tickets along wwith TV coverage will keep the crowd far from a sell out.  Plenty of terrace tickets on ticketmaster I hear and it is surprising the amount of people giving it a miss.  The crowd will not be as miserable as that in casement last sunday though.

On the game itself its a tough call.  Monaghan keeping a low enough profile so far bar the McQuaid fit / unfit ramblings.  By the way if he played a club match or two that doesn't mean he is now fully fit for a first round county game, but even half fit I'd play him.  

gwan-ye-boy-ya

Quote from: billy the kid on May 20, 2008, 12:58:30 PM
Im gonna go for Fermanagh by 2/3 points.

Think it will be very tight and will be interesting to see which style of football prevails, Fermanaghs positive approach where they try to play football OR Monaghans Negative approach where they try to stop the other team playing football and grind them down.
monaghan are one of the most least negative teams in the country. in fact monaghan and fermanaghs styles are similar. dont know where ur getting this from ye twit ya.

haranguerer

Ah! Well he can afford it so (if i'm right in my guess)!! I should keep my ear to the ground more closely when I'm home. Cant wait til the sport turns fully pro with transfers and all, til we win 50 AI titles in a row to make uo for lost time  ;D

GrandMasterFlash

I'd imagine it'll be a tight enough affair. It should be a good open game of football given the similar styles of both teams (contrary to the non-accurate comments on this thread!). Monaghan need a big improvement from the end of the NFL and let's hope they've been concentrating on ball-work in training for the last 5 weeks as it was silly unforced errors that lost them both league games in my opinion. If they do improve and can get close to the form shown last year I'd imagine they'll have a bit much for Fermanagh.

Before anyone has a go, Fermanagh would be my second team who I follow closely, especially this year!! I watched the NFL final and have to say their defence was at 6s & 7s at times during the game. That's all in the past though and I know they are a much better team, their running off the ball and support play is excellent. In Mark Murphy they have a very versatile and mobile player who knows where the net is. Have the got the defence to handle an on-form (hopefully!) Tommy Freeman and Vinny Corey??

As I said, there'll not be much in it, and a big improvement from Monaghan is needed.. 'If' that improvement comes I'd say Monaghan by 3pts..

QED.