Muineacháin v Fear Manach

Started by Maguire01, April 27, 2008, 02:47:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

thebandit

**Cough** Number 30 ** Cough**

timmyot501

Probably right Bandit - Actually did we use the No. 30 in the Westmeath game??  I know we abandoned this approach v the Dubs because of the REAL absence of McQuaid that day.

Maguire01

For anyone not getting tickets through clubs, they're up on ticketmaster.ie now.

donelli

Quote from: timmyot501 on May 16, 2008, 11:53:11 AM
I see today that Gary McQuaid is rated as very doubtful for the Fermanagh game.  I had heard he played a club game last week but according to reports today he hasn't trained.

He has played 2 club games over the last fortnight for tyholland. He was also pictured in the standard training so by that reckoning, he should be fit for sundya week....

GrandMasterFlash

From Hoganstand: http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=94868

There's somethin suspicious about that article. I thought he had the op longer than 3 weeks ago and the local message forum is saying he played a few games for his club. He's a fit/brave/insane man if he had a hernia op 3 weeks ago and has played 'a few' games since.. Could be the No. 30 syndrome alright, and I sincerely hope it is...  ::)

donelli

Quote from: GrandMasterFlash on May 16, 2008, 02:21:55 PM
From Hoganstand: http://www.hoganstand.com/Monaghan/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=94868

There's somethin suspicious about that article. I thought he had the op longer than 3 weeks ago and the local message forum is saying he played a few games for his club. He's a fit/brave/insane man if he had a hernia op 3 weeks ago and has played 'a few' games since.. Could be the No. 30 syndrome alright, and I sincerely hope it is...  ::)

Lies, lies and more lies contained in that hogan stand article. he had the op in germany. i think it was the week of the cork game which would be approx. 5 weeks ago. It also some fancy pants laser treatment at high cost, so he would be back sharpish.

Main Street

Binobus's blank cheque being put to good use, no doubt.  :)

thebandit

Quote from: timmyot501 on May 16, 2008, 12:58:09 PM
Probably right Bandit - Actually did we use the No. 30 in the Westmeath game??  I know we abandoned this approach v the Dubs because of the REAL absence of McQuaid that day.

We didn't use brains that day, never mind underhand tactics!!!

FermPundit

So with Antrim and Cavan out of the way it's Fermanagh and Monaghan's turn to enjoy the build up to their champioship clash this week. Things have been very low key in Fermanagh so far. Whilst there is a degree of confidence among Fermanagh supporters that we could have a decent summer, there hasn't been much talk from the Fermanagh squad or management in the local media. Most pundits are predicting a very close game with the majority of them either sitting on the fence or placing Monaghan as slight favourites. I hope that there'll be a wee bit more intensity in this match in comparison to the Antrim v Cavan game today which seemed to be devoid of any atmosphere throughout.
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

Maguire01

As has been discussed in another thread, Casement = No Atmosphere.
I'd expect a proper atmosphere next week with a big crowd and (hopefully) a great day.

timmyot501

What time is the minor match at in Brewster park?  Is the Senior game at 2pm or 4pm (on RTE so probably one of these times)

Maguire01

From Ticketmaster:

2008 ULSTER SFC
QUARTER FINAL
FERMANAGH V MONAGHAN 4PM
ULSTER MFC 2:15PM
BREWSTER PARK, ENNISKILLEN
SUN 25TH MAY 2008

FermPundit

Quote from: Maguire01 on May 19, 2008, 12:30:29 PM
From Ticketmaster:

2008 ULSTER SFC
QUARTER FINAL
FERMANAGH V MONAGHAN 4PM
ULSTER MFC 2:15PM
BREWSTER PARK, ENNISKILLEN
SUN 25TH MAY 2008

I suppose it's only right and proper that we give a mention to the minors before their big game this weekend. From a Fermanagh perspective it's probably one of the strongest minor sides we've had in a number of years. Unsurprising the bulk of the side is made up of the lads who reached the MacRory final with St. Michael's. There are a number of very talented players in the squad such as Conal Smyth and PJ Rogers in defence, Ryan Jones/Richard O'Callaghan/Brian Cox at midfield and Chris O'Brien and Tomas Corrigan in attack. I didn't follow the minor league that closely but Fermanagh did beat a very talented Derry side 4-11 to 1-11 in Irivnestown last month and they also ran Tyrone very close in their league meeting. How are things looking from a Monaghan perspective? Any good young players we should keep any eye out for?
We'll win Ulster some day, not sure when.

haranguerer

Everyones being very mannerly and neighbourly on this thread so far, so here goes *deep breath*:

Monaghan are the most overrated team in Ireland. Theres no way they'll win an Ulster title this year, I doubt they'll beat Fermanagh. Once again they had a good start to the league, but were found out when it mattered. The 'legend' that is the Banty hasnt a clue, McElkennons actually running the show. Freemans a class act aright, (though just about every goal he scores comes from a push in the back of the defender), Finlays hot and cold, usually cold when you need him, Woods just isnt fit (which is a pity cos he really could be class) your man Hanrattys a clown, theres only one midfielder, and that entire defence is going to get found out 'on the dry sod'.

Discuss:

(btw dont think fermanagh are much beter, but apparently offence is best form of defence  ;))

Main Street

Who gives a toss for someone childishly egging opinions in an obvious attempt at trolling.

Ignore that post

We will soon find out on Sunday which team is up for the contest and we can discuss their efforts after the match.