Best thing heard at a GAA match.

Started by mhacadoir, April 26, 2008, 02:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

swagger

dj kane to ross carr in a league game a few years back when 2 down players got ther wires crossed and lost the ball - "Will ye get those 2 f**kin c**ts off!"

classic dj, there for all to hear!
riiiiiiiiiite

orangeman

Quote from: swagger on October 25, 2009, 10:00:20 PM
dj kane to ross carr in a league game a few years back when 2 down players got ther wires crossed and lost the ball - "Will ye get those 2 f**kin c**ts off!"
classic dj, there for all to hear!

Classic alright.

cornafean

Quote from: cadhlancian on July 26, 2009, 07:23:53 PM
On a slightly off the subjest note, heard a good one yesterday!
A couple  of  members of the travelling community where in the Gran Canaries last year and after a couple of hours of drinking , an argument  started. The couple who were in their 50's were having a good ould row when the quare one says to himself " don't you love me anymore Michael?", followed by the reply............ "sure don't I ride you and buy you chips!" sorry for the randomness,, but class ;D

Colm Toibin told the same yarn on the Late Late Show Wexford special last year, this time about a skanger from inner-city Cork.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

Leo

91 All-Ireland final, Meath closing the gap on Down, female Down fan in the stand checks the time saying "Jesus, I never saw such a slow f**king watch"

Big O at a minor league match many years ago when Pete McGrath took the team to the changing room and was slow getting back on the pitch - Big O roared from the far side of the field to Patsy Tinnellyy on the dressing room gate: "Patsy, tell Pete to get them boys out on the field, I wanna go home before the childer grows up"

Often heard at Attical back in the 70's - "She's away with the mixer" - never knew what it meant.

Spectators talking about a Newry clubfootballer who had been arrested and placed in her majesty's custody:
"It's sad to think of Jimmy in thone place the day"
Reply: "Far warmer there than here watching this sh**e"

Fierce tame altogether

prewtna

Mayo Senior Championship Relegation playoff - weekend just gone.

Burrishoole V Bohola Moy Davitts

Burrishoole player hits the deck after a lame enough shoulder to shoulder challenge.

Match in the balance, Burrishoole a point up with a few minutes to play, Moy Davitts running out of time.

A Moy Davitts supporter who was exasperated by the time delay caused by the Burrishoole mans rolling around lets a shout

''call the priest, yer man is fucked''

RogerMilla

classic from my younger days , a well known supporter of our club who had two sons in the team , the man was an utter legend and came out with some great lines but this was his best...

A player who had just got married and was back from his honeymoon came up from the half backs and lashed over a great score , cue a huge cheer from the corwd and yer man shouts
"jaysis i never saw him do that before , he must have been spunkbound before this!!"

Spunkbound , feckin classic!

AZOffaly

Probably heard this one before, but at a minor match a lad was down with a fairly non-serious but time consuming injury (to his groin area). Treatment went on, the game was halted, the ref was standing around, and everyone was sort of looking at each other.

Cue the shout 'For f**k sake get on with it, or everyone will be over age'.

ballinaman

League semi final double header in Croker a few years ago. Kildare V Donegal and Mayo V Galway

After the Kildare match, a rather large Kildare supporter with a strong county accent stood up in the middle of the Cusack stand and started shouting down at a person about 25 rows in front.

It went like this: "Paddy....Paddy......Paddy.....Paddy.....Paddy Hara....Paddy Hara...Paddy Hara"

(Getting louder each time, with more people turning around to see what was going on)

This went on for about a minute, which is a very long time when someone is just shouting PADDY PADDY PADDY!!

Eventually, the Paddy in question turned around and shouted "WHA!!??"

The Kildare fan then shouted : "YOU'VE A HEAD LIKE A CHICKEN" and sat down delighted with himself.

The whole lower tier section fell around the place laughing.

THE DADGA

at a match a while back in banbridge in county down against ardglass. Ardglass boy given the half back awful abuse, ref gives him is final warnin and he says to the ref. "a dont give a fcuk; am goin to prison on thursday anyway"

Top of the hill

At a Derry club hurling game a few years ago a manager was heard givin out to one of his player who pulled up when running for a ball.

The player shouts back "I've got a stitch"

Manager replies "A stitch, this is no place to be bring your fcukin knittin!"
. . He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue
That's the Chicago way

sheelinside

senior club play-off in cavan a few years and 2 clubs locked in titanic battle, which went to couple of replays (denn and killygarry)
one club had a really stylish wing half forward, talented as anything around but well known for a slight lack of, shall we say, intestinal fortitude. he got possession, but in doing so lost his balance and hit the deck. Cue an old spectator, strechted across the railing, (think of your typical cavan bachelor farmer of 65, still dreaming of the glory days in breffini of his youth), turned around and announced to all-
"jaysus if that gosson isn't falling then he's getting up........"

the place erupted...

Rudi

Quote from: RogerMilla on October 27, 2009, 01:16:15 PM
classic from my younger days , a well known supporter of our club who had two sons in the team , the man was an utter legend and came out with some great lines but this was his best...

A player who had just got married and was back from his honeymoon came up from the half backs and lashed over a great score , cue a huge cheer from the corwd and yer man shouts
"jaysis i never saw him do that before , he must have been spunkbound before this!!"

Spunkbound , feckin classic!

Funny me ass  ???, kicking you for a day would be funny. ;D ;D

Bitta-Banter

Playin a match for my club in Warrenpoint(County Down) one night.Match gettin bit physical,our centre half back (quite a skinny fella) was gettin involved with their CHF. I remember one of their supporters shoutin: "FFS theres more meat on a gypsy's dog". Remember burstin out laughin as play continued.

ha ha derry

In a Derry club hurling match quite a few years back.
High ball lands in the big square, all hell breaks loose, players flailing and falling all around the place. Manager shouts ... fer fcuks sake ref, they,re riding in there.