Best thing heard at a GAA match.

Started by mhacadoir, April 26, 2008, 02:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhacadoir

was at the Armagh - Westmeath game a while ago, and this man sat down in front of me, and my da said: Thats your man ___ ______ who is always writing letters into the papers! any idea who it is??!!

got me thinking, what ae the funniest things people have ever heard at a GAA game?

another from the same day: walking out of cusack park and caught the end of a conversation between two westmeath fellas....

"So what did you do next?"
"Well, what could i do? I fecked off to Kinnegad and got him out of the well, didn't I?"

orangeman

;D

I wonder what preceded that ?

What about the manager along the line who as the full back got to about the fifty appealed in a very loud tone for him to "GIVE HER THE SEMTEX" which was a call to the full back to kick the ball as hard and as long he possibly could !  ;D ;D ;D ;D

SLIGONIAN

I was at the All Ireland Final in 2006 with Mayo and Kerry in Hill 16. At HT the Mayofans were chanting "BRING ON CORA STAUNTON" :D...they had a point :P.
"hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work"

doire na raithe

10 mins to go in one our club games last year, it was very close and the ref made a bad decision which brought uproar from everyone. A member from our bench roared "Go home ref!" and he looked over and said "OK then." and away he went off the pitch and into the changing rooms. Took about 15 mns negotiations to get him to come back out and finish the game. Farcical, but very funny.

crossfire

mhacadoir

belleaqua

I know this may have been heard before but the ould lad told me before when playin senior hurlin gchampionship in Galway in the early 1980s a supporter from the opposition shouted out....'bring off tony and put on no one'....he was referrin to his son!! ;D

moysider

Dont know if this qualifies cause i said it myself.

Mayo v Kildare in a National league match in Crossmolina some years ago. Colm Mac and Brian Lacey exchanged a few digs near the sideline. A bunch of middle aged kildare fellas started roaring at the ref and linesman to get action taken against McMenamon. '' Mayo s No11 linesman ! no!11''. Could nt let them away with it so I shouts down to them. '' Shut up for f**ks sake. The Tipperaryman started it!'' ;D
They pretended they did nt hear me but never opened their mouths for the rest of the match.

corn02

Dromintee game a few weeks ago.

Referee going to tick one of our forwards.

'Turn round number 13.'

charlie stubbs

old underage manager used shout at one of our main forwards"____  ______ your kicking like a woman!" the lad used get death in school!!

Maguire01

Quote from: charlie stubbs on April 27, 2008, 05:46:25 PM
old underage manager used shout at one of our main forwards"____  ______ your kicking like a woman!" the lad used get death in school!!

Here, there's more than 2 missing words in those 2 sentences!
(Also, is that what passes for 'best things heard' in any category?)

southdown

Another comment to a ref, "There will be no sandwiches for you!""

Mike Sheehy

Quote(Also, is that what passes for 'best things heard' in any category?)

yet another newcomer on this board trying to police/quality control the contribution of others.

Louth Exile

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on April 27, 2008, 09:26:46 PM
Quote(Also, is that what passes for 'best things heard' in any category?)

yet another newcomer on this board trying to police/quality control the contribution of others.

687 posts, how long to you have be on the board to not be a newcomer?
St. Josephs GFC - SFC Champions 1996 & 2006, IFC Champions 1983, 1990 & 2016 www.thejoesgfc.com

heganboy

Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity