Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

isourboydownyet

Quote from: ck on January 09, 2011, 12:28:56 AM
Anyone know what Adrian Logan is at now?

the last time i saw him was in the harbour bar in downings drinking pints!

the difference between loggie and quinn s loggie took his employers to court with little fuss and won and walked away with his head held high unlike quinn who created a media circus and made a fool of himself,i dont buy all this gaa martyr craic.

whiskeysteve

Quote from: isourboydownyet on January 10, 2011, 10:19:06 AM

i dont buy all this gaa martyr craic.

I know, sure its like The Passion of The Christ starring Jerome as JC.

with

Shane Glynn as Pontius Pilate
Thomas Kane as Judas Iscariot
Austin O'Callaghan as Barabbas

"Why have you forsaken me, BBC"
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

ziggysego

Quote from: whiskeysteve on January 10, 2011, 01:03:16 PM

with

Does that make John the Baptist, Logie?
Testing Accessibility

Bogball XV

Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2011, 01:12:43 PM

with

Frank Mitchell must be God, he controls the weather after all ;)

isourboydownyet

Quote from: Bogball XV on January 10, 2011, 01:52:52 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on January 10, 2011, 01:12:43 PM

with

Frank Mitchell must be God, he controls the weather after all ;)

he certainly thinks so but we all know theres only one god!

seafoid

What happened to Logan?

deargdoom

Was at a talk last year where Logie was asked about his sacking from UTV. He was very dignified in his response. Got his point across without complaining about the coverage other sports were given compared to gaelic. He also gave an interesting insight into how GAA results were reported and treated by UTV. It was apparant how hurt and angered he was by the whole debacle, yet unlike Jerome, Logie didn't create a media circus around himself.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: seafoid on January 10, 2011, 02:56:43 PM
What happened to Logan?

he was talking to Paul Clarke this evening on a live phone transmission re: Michaela Harte's death. Aggod friend of Mickey
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

5 Sams

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 10, 2011, 06:44:05 PM
What happened to Logan?

he was talking to Paul Clarke this evening on a live phone transmission re: Michaela Harte's death. Aggod friend of Mickey
I heard Logie in that interview this evening....spoke really well and was very dignified....he tried to sum up how Mickey was feeling....an impossible task but Adrian did his best to convey the sheer devastation the man and his family must be feeling.
The Aristocrat Years

ck

Quote from: deargdoom on January 10, 2011, 06:32:40 PM
Was at a talk last year where Logie was asked about his sacking from UTV. He was very dignified in his response. Got his point across without complaining about the coverage other sports were given compared to gaelic. He also gave an interesting insight into how GAA results were reported and treated by UTV. It was apparant how hurt and angered he was by the whole debacle, yet unlike Jerome, Logie didn't create a media circus around himself.

What was the interesting insight?

Ulick

There is a difference in the two cases though in that UTV is a commercial station which does not have the same public service remit as BBCNI. You pay your £145 to BBC not UTV.

Hoof Hearted

Quote from: 5 Sams on January 10, 2011, 07:15:53 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on January 10, 2011, 06:44:05 PM
What happened to Logan?

I heard Logie in that interview this evening....spoke really well and was very dignified....he tried to sum up how Mickey was feeling....an impossible task but Adrian did his best to convey the sheer devastation the man and his family must be feeling.

yes, if your friends daughter had just died it would be nigh on impossible to speak on live TV, but i suppose professionalism never leaves you.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

deargdoom

Quote from: ck on January 10, 2011, 07:35:33 PM
Quote from: deargdoom on January 10, 2011, 06:32:40 PM

What was the interesting insight?

He mentioned that he was on the UTV website one day and there was over 50 results from matches on it - not one of them a gaelic result. He went to one of his superiors and informed him that there was at least 10 GAA matches that day and questioned why the results weren't published. The superior suggested that someone phone Croke Park to get the results, Logie lost the plot and started giving out that nobody phones Old Trafford to get the result of a United match so why on earth would they do that for gaelic results

Eamonnca1

Since UTV is a commercial station, would it not be possible for advertisers to pressure them into giving more GAA coverage? There's plenty of businesses out there which sponsor GAA teams and competitions, there's bound to be some of them that advertise on UTV as well.  Surely they're getting poor value for their investment when big crowds show up at Gaelic games and escape the attention of cameras, while the three men and a dog at soccer matches get the undivided attention of the producers. Nothing motivates a broadcaster quite like the words "we're going to stop advertising with you unless..."

Bogball XV

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 10, 2011, 10:19:09 PM
Since UTV is a commercial station, would it not be possible for advertisers to pressure them into giving more GAA coverage? There's plenty of businesses out there which sponsor GAA teams and competitions, there's bound to be some of them that advertise on UTV as well.  Surely they're getting poor value for their investment when big crowds show up at Gaelic games and escape the attention of cameras, while the three men and a dog at soccer matches get the undivided attention of the producers. Nothing motivates a broadcaster quite like the words "we're going to stop advertising with you unless..."
excellent point, although it wasn't the soccer that got to me, it was the Lisnagarvey IV v Banbridge III Junior Hockey matches that did that