Jerome Ousted?

Started by T Fearon, April 22, 2008, 09:21:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

We all still know what goes on at the BBC and knew that this Jerome would never win this case, but at least he tried and it did bring it to peoples attention.

orangeman

No surprise here. He fought the case gallantly himself and was opposed by almost the entire BBC legal team flown in from London in order to save face.

The sight of about 50 BBC big yellow banners everywhere in Clones on Ulster final day was sickening.

How much did they pay Ulster GAA  for the advertising ?.

DoireGael

Quote from: Evil Genius on July 27, 2010, 12:28:18 PM
http://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/news/local-national/jerome-quinn-loses-long-battle-against-bbc-over-sacking-14889496.html

No Justice, no f**king justice...

Terrible to see. He was great on the championship, I am sure he will do well in the future, a good gael!The guys on TV3 seem very awkward most of the time. But as Brolly once said there's only one national broadcaster, RTE.

PS - What happend the show that used to be on UTV a few years back that talked about the champioship with louguey and Frank. Was quite cool.

Doogie Browser

Hope Jerome keeps the head up, his work for the Ulster Council is first class and always worth a watch.

J OGorman

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 27, 2010, 12:58:56 PM
Hope Jerome keeps the head up, his work for the Ulster Council is first class and always worth a watch.

absolutely, keep her lit Jerome

BerfArmagh

He was never gonna win. While he had a good case. in that the bbc disgracefully showed Irish league soccer and hockey before showing gaelic, which has a massive audience, he scuppered his chances by being caught with his anonoymous posts criticising his employer. To do it using his work machine was a school boy error. Jackie fulerton would'nt have been caught in the same way

Doogie Browser

Paradoxically the BBC's coverage has intensified now as a result, probably sickening thousands of loyalists as a result  :D

DoireGael

Quote from: Doogie Browser on July 27, 2010, 04:49:36 PM
Paradoxically the BBC's coverage has intensified now as a result, probably sickening thousands of loyalists as a result  :D

Until they start showing Leinster, Munster and connacht matchs am not impressed  ;)

dublinfella

Quote from: BerfArmagh on July 27, 2010, 04:38:21 PM
He was never gonna win. While he had a good case. in that the bbc disgracefully showed Irish league soccer and hockey before showing gaelic, which has a massive audience, he scuppered his chances by being caught with his anonoymous posts criticising his employer. To do it using his work machine was a school boy error. Jackie fulerton would'nt have been caught in the same way

Rubbish. The GAA get more airtime than any other sport on BBC NI. Other sports are entitled to their fair share as well and to me the 'agenda' is as much with people around Ulster GAA as it is with dinosaurs in the BBC

He got caught rotten and tried to contrive a sectarian motive for his disciplinary dismissal.

dublinfella

Quote from: lawnseed on July 08, 2010, 02:46:14 PM
does anyone know what the outcome of this was? are the dumb gaa ads of wee o callaghan, sligos answer to terry wogan the result of jerome highlighting the bbcs double standards, should  jacky fullerton hand back his OBE after being exposed as a bigot for denying sean cavanagh his bbc sportsman of the year award.   

That he won?  ???

The sense of entitlement and victimhood here from the nordies is very interesting.

The Konica

The ignorance and arrogance from the West Brits is equally interesting

dublinfella

Quote from: The Konica on July 27, 2010, 05:49:50 PM

Good answer!

Lets sum this up.

The GAA gets more coverage than any other sport on BBC.

GAA players regularly win BBC gongs for their achievements.

Jerome got caught in a serious breach of disciplne at work and dismissed.

He then claimed that this was because he was Catholic and not associated with "Protestant Sports" (whatever they are).

He pointed to a specific incident where he was told it was unlikely that a GAA player would win an award, that he did, and claimed this was bigotry.

A neutral body dismissed his case out of hand.

You don't have to automatically defend every member of the GAA every time lads....

pintsofguinness

Quote from: The Konica on July 27, 2010, 05:49:50 PM
He's not a west brit, I'd wager he's not even from the 26 counties.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Maguire01

I'm just surprised it took so long to reach this conclusion. There was only ever going to be one outcome.

Maguire01

Quote from: orangeman on July 27, 2010, 12:45:55 PM
The sight of about 50 BBC big yellow banners everywhere in Clones on Ulster final day was sickening.

How much did they pay Ulster GAA  for the advertising ?.
Sickening? Why?

Why don't you ask the Ulster Council how much they pay for the advertising?
(Although I imagine its part of their rights contract)
I thought it looked like they were putting a bit of an effort into it and promoting their coverage of our championship. Why this is construed as a bad thing, i'm not sure.